(Topic ID: 284430)

Metallica - Phantom Hammer - Magnet processor board - no magnets working after..

By Animal

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Butterflygirl24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Need a little help... So, Ive been experiencing the phantom hammer during play and I was reading a post here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-hammer-magnet-troubleshooting-question-multimeter - and that lead me to this: https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/product: and that lead me to this line: "Symptoms: False hammer strikes." So, (maybe moving a little too quickly) I ordered the new part, replaced it exactly as per the instructions on the macro specialty page, but now none of the magnets: hammer, graveyard, sparky work. ...so, I replaced the original board and still the magnets are not working. Any idea why? Thanks in advance...

I saw that you read that thread but just wanted to check and make sure that you pulled the F7 fuse and checked it. That fuse controls all the magnets and I have had to replace mine a few times.

Phoebe

#5 3 years ago

my fuse would blow when my magnet board was bad, the resistor would fall off or one end would be loose. If you got a new magnet board I would make sure that the ceramic resistor on it is attached on both ends. The only other time my fuse would blow was when the magnet for the hammer (looks like a donut) under the playfield had one wire come off. It was hard to find because it was under the paper (up close to the "coil" part) of the magnet.

Phoebe

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.95
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Butterflygirl24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-phantom-hammer-magnet-processor-board-?tu=Butterflygirl24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.