popcorn_eat_good.gif
Japanese-Boob-scarves.jpg
JLcupcakes.jpg
361i4b.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0166.JPG

This topic is closed.

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

I was in NJ a few days ago and Jack was kind enough to invite me over to see WOZ. I was one of the early ones to pay a deposit.

Now, I know a lot has already been said about JJP and WOZ but, all I can say is, WOW!!

I have been collecting pinball machines for over 40 years, have owned many of the 'A' titles and have seen a number of high quality restorations. In all that time, I have never seen a machine of this quality. The whole machine is amazing but the quality and finish of the playfield will take your breath away.

Due to time constraints, I could only play one game but it exceeded my expectations in every way.

Guys, wait until you see the light show. It is unbelievable!

Thank you Jack for welcoming me and my family. It was a pleasure meeting you, Jen and other staff members.

Regards,

Roger

#2 11 years ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

I was in NJ a few days ago and Jack was kind enough to invite me over to see WOZ. I was one of the early ones to pay a deposit.
Now, I know a lot has already been said about JJP and WOZ but, all I can say is, WOW!!
I have been collecting pinball machines for over 40 years, have owned many of the 'A' titles and have seen a number of high quality restorations. In all that time, I have never seen a machine of this quality. The whole machine is amazing but the quality and finish of the playfield will take your breath away.
Due to time constraints, I could only play one game but it exceeded my expectations in every way.
Thank you Jack for welcoming me and my family. It was a pleasure meeting you, Jen and other staff members.
Regards,
Roger

It does look great

#3 11 years ago

Without question , this will set a new standard . I appreciate each of the 38 pins remaining in my collection , from 70 s - 2012 with XMEN-Wolverine. From a purely objective view point, build quality, fit and finish, their is no equal. Looking forward to the arrival of mine, whenever it gets here .

#4 11 years ago

sweet!!! wish i had gotten in early for the whole ride.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

Regards,
Roger

Thanks for sharin Roger, but this is a little like tossing in a hand grenade and asking "how do ya like them apples boys?"

I have only one word of wisdom to all those who already pre-ordered a WOZ, "whet your whistles fellows, for JJP #2, these are indeed good times for pinball". I also have a few select words to those who're still sitting on the fence....

time's a wastin:

#6 11 years ago

The nice thing about having JJP1 , is that you will get JJP 2 .

#7 11 years ago

I want to meet Jen

#8 11 years ago

Did you grab any swag when you were there?

These goodies were in the box the sweatshirt I ordered came in. Nice touch!

IMG_0166.JPGIMG_0166.JPG

#9 11 years ago

Thank you for the post the affirmation is welcome. The wait is long but I am sure it will be worth it in the end.

Keep up the good work Jack we are egerley awaiting WOZ.

#10 11 years ago

I can't figure out if there are more JJP apologies or congratulations on this board.

Great job on Iron Man 3, Marvel. That movie is the finest piece of cinema ever created. Those Nolan Batman movies are jokes and turds in comparison. Better get you tickets now, cause no one has ever made a movie this good in the history of ever.

#11 11 years ago

I can't figure out if there are more JJP apologies or congratulations on this board.
Great job on Iron Man 3, Marvel. That movie is the finest piece of cinema ever created. Those Nolan Batman movies are jokes and turds in comparison. Better get you tickets now, cause no one has ever made a movie this good in the history of ever.

Read this, it can no doubt help.
http://www.apa.org/topics/anger/control.aspx

image.jpgimage.jpg

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I think you have to congratulate any guy building a new machine which won't require a dremel.

#13 11 years ago

Ah, Alex...there's the good lap dog. Is there a link you can read up on Grandiose Delusions? Only thing that can explain some things you have represented.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I think you have to congratulate any guy building a new machine which won't require a dremel.

Count those eggs. Can I go ahead and congratulate the Houston Texans for winning the Super Bowl this year, too?

#15 11 years ago

is something wrong Gambit?

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I think you have to congratulate any guy building a new machine which won't require a dremel

Really? How do you know what that invisible machine will need ?

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

is something wrong Gambit?

Nope. The only threads nowadays are either A) Trashing Stern for the TF toy pin; or 2) WOZ circle jerks. Figured I'd jump on in and participate in one or the other.

#18 11 years ago

Here we go.

361i4b.jpg361i4b.jpg

#19 11 years ago

You guys are so easily stirred into a wagon circle, it's tough not to play Indians. Carry on with your hopes and dreams.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

You guys are so easily stirred into a wagon circle, it's tough not to play Indians. Carry on with your hopes and dreams.

If something is really not wrong in life and you are choosing to take it out here for fun, then please let it be.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Really ? How do you know what that invisible machine will need ?

No longer invisible, is it?

Heck, I could be wrong, but with the attention to detail I have seen I believe it unlikely a dremel or similar tool will prove necessary to keep WOZ running properly.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

This is what happens when they cancel Jersey Shore.

#23 11 years ago

Hey Gambit this IM 3 you speak of intrigues me who are all the actors directors?
Have you seen all the props and screenplay for it?
Have you even seen a trailer?

I normally do not bash any maker of pinball as I am very glad they are still in business or trying to make up and coming business a success. That said the new transformers for 3K is a F^<£ING rip off IMO. yeah I went there. As for all other stern complaints I ignore them. If you keep up the absolute assnine attitude of hatred towards anything WOZ you are going to be on ignore soon and I hate missing anyones opinions just because they are clouded by my own.

Please stop bashing everything you do not personally like it is pompus and childish.

Have a great night all have fun playing pinball of any brand that makes you happy

No Kool Aid required!

Post edited by absocountry2 : Profanity edited

#24 11 years ago

wait, what??? THEY CANCELLED JERSEY SHORE???!

#25 11 years ago

Watch out the "JJP Clones" are running the victory lap a little early! It's October 2012 right? IMHO Per Counsel!

#26 11 years ago

See Gambit it is easier to poke fun with a good laugh nice Exjet

#27 11 years ago

The lack of WOZ test machines & the wonderful new TF pin have really shat all over the hobby recently.

I sure hope 2013 brings improvements & desirable machines.

Life is short, we need new pins now! I have money, where is the cool new stuff?!?!

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

See Gambit it is easier to poke fun with a good laugh nice Exjet

I don't know, I thought the Ironman 3 thing was pretty funny.

Quoted from PW79:

Life is short, we need new pins now! I have money, where is the cool new stuff?!?!

Michigan.

#29 11 years ago

The Stern "TF Box Car" is only being sold at Amazon and best buy. I wouldn't worry about the TF that's a JOKE!

#30 11 years ago

Yeah just crazy analogy. not as funny as victory lap crash though. as always just IMHO.

#31 11 years ago

I would love for someone to point out where I BASHED anything in here? Saying that it is too early to high five over WOZ is bashing it? You people are so sensitive about this machine, that it is hilarious. But oh look, in his railing against me, Shoot Again takes a shot at Stern. How novel.

You guys need a mirror in the Church of JJP.

...and if anyone wants to see a massive rip off, look no further than Alex taking B_R for $60 for a set of Hallmark Tron Light Cycles that can be had for $15 on eBay. Tit for tat.

#32 11 years ago

its all pinball and all good. and to the op. cool story and thank for sharing it here.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Nope. The only threads nowadays are either A) Trashing Stern for the TF toy pin; or 2) WOZ circle jerks. Figured I'd jump on in and participate in one or the other.

Quoted from gambit3113:

I would love for someone to point out where I BASHED anything in here?

I dunno... seems to me like you're at a minimum bashing anyone who doesn't have an adequately negative attitude towards WOZ.

#34 11 years ago

How? Who did I bash anyone over their WOZ opinion? Be specific. Please count the Stern bash threads and the WOZ threads started over the past week. Tell me I am wrong that those are the two most common thread starts these days.

Nope. Truth is that no one can say anything even neutral or cautious about WOZ without getting attacked, accused, cussed and berated. It's silly and sad.

#35 11 years ago

I was just commending the pinball community for having the least dramatic and nicest hobbyists. Perhaps I spoke too soon.

At the end of the day we are all here for the love of it, if one likes a machine that the other does not, that is a good thing. If everyone liked the same machines, those machines would be impossible to get and nobody would let go of them while the others just got neglected. If everyone was a republican this country would fall on its ass, if everyone was a democrat the same would happen. We need differing opinions on things in order to keep a balance in this world. It is what makes it interesting. Nothing is accomplished by bashing one another off some internet thug life shit.

I was a professional musician at one point, I always said as tough and as critical as I am on music, no music is bad if it moves one person positively. Do I think Britney Spears has close to no talent besides at one point being sexy... yes! When girls dance and relate to her songs and they get moved by them do I have the right to call it bad music... NO! The same goes for pinball machines or anything else, although you may be an expert in that particular arena and you don't like said thing. If someone enjoys said thing and it does not hurt anyone who are we to say it is bad, wrong etc.

You all have the bigger penis, pull your pants up fellas it is not a good look.

#36 11 years ago

Moving to JJP.

#37 11 years ago

I'm just here to thumbs up the new guy. Sure he brought a bunch of threads back from the dead, but hey, every time someone asks a question someone is there to say search the damn threads. I guess I just like his lets play nice attitude. And I agree with most, "some" have been pretty p!ssy lately. No offense but get the sand out and play some pinball

#38 11 years ago

Many of us have ordered WOZ, and are waiting for it's arrival. I have had the privilege of owning 65 pins , with 38 in my current collection. They range from the late 70 s to 2012 XMENlE. Enjoy each , but anyone who out right bashes WOZ, would have to be blind, deaf, and dunb , not to recognize the improved build quality ect. Over anything produced currently. everyone should be happy that this hobby will only get better with this new standard being released.

#39 11 years ago

Amen Brother Banker!! I have a WOZ on pre-order as well. That being said, I love the Stern pins as well. Do I ride the fence? You bet I do! But let's admit it, Stern pins has gotten a lot better since JJ entered the picture. I just bought the Xmen LE recently and it is just amazing. I recall all new pins gets the bashers and haters before and after they're released. I recall pinheads saying Tron looked like Funhouse and the spinning disc always breaks. Or, I hate the lower playfield on AC/DC. Now, you can't even look at those pins without 8000 bucks in your pocket.

#40 11 years ago

i think gambit's just misunderstood:

he's like "slugworth" from willy wonka...

when jack reveals the completed machine and pulls off the blanket at the unveiling, gambit's gonna be underneath, next to woz.. jack's gonna then say "he really works for me! i was testing you the whole time! you win!"

either that, or he just really can't sit back and watch other's display joy and happiness, and finds it necessary to intervene.

-jon

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I would love for someone to point out where I BASHED anything in here? Saying that it is too early to high five over WOZ is bashing it? You people are so sensitive about this machine, that it is hilarious. But oh look, in his railing against me, Shoot Again takes a shot at Stern. How novel.
You guys need a mirror in the Church of JJP.
...and if anyone wants to see a massive rip off, look no further than Alex taking B_R for $60 for a set of Hallmark Tron Light Cycles that can be had for $15 on eBay. Tit for tat.

WTH are you talking about 60 bucks?

He paid 130 dollars for an entire ramp and protector set, 2 light cycles, and a decal shipped. Get your facts straight.

P.S. Clint it is ridiculous how much an adult has in the way of comic/scifi/fantasy collectables. Have you seen 40 year old virgin? Do you go Larp'in? I bet you dress up like star wars characters for fun. LOL

P.P.S. Lame ink as well.

#42 11 years ago

Seriously gambit, if you don't like the game just don't post in the threads. Remember how you were praising X-Men a couple of months ago? You attempted to sell it due to the incomplete rule set. That must mean Stern isn't living up to expectations, and someone needs to step up their game whether it be Stern, Jersey Jack, Quetzal, anyone.

#43 11 years ago

Is the test pin on location yet?

It's been a month since Alex was willing to bet anyone that it would be on location by 9-5-12. Surely it's out by now!?

#44 11 years ago

Ha, Alex, are you stalking the photobucket account I link pictures from, you total fucking loon? That's delicious!

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Nope. Truth is that no one can say anything even neutral or cautious about WOZ without getting attacked, accused, cussed and berated. It's silly and sad.

Works both ways, bud. Apparently no one can say anything positive or anticipatory about WOZ without being called an apologist, lap dog, or hit with some nonsense analogy.

Have you sat through a rough pre-screener of IM3 yet? No? Well, this guy fired up WOZ and played it. He was excited about what he saw, and came here to post about it.

Where's the necessity for you have to come in here with 7-8 negative posts? Grow up. And if you don't like WOZ threads, it's reeeaaaally simple: DON'T CLICK ON THEM!

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from DrewAVL:

You all have the bigger penis, pull your pants up fellas it is not a good look.

Actually, I bet Gambit's penis is bigger. Just sayin'. Please note however, both haters and lovers, that the size of Gambit's penis is not relevant to whether or not I am excited to see Oz hit the streets, nor whether I am disappointed it has taken so long to do so.

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It's been a month since Alex was willing to bet anyone that it would be on location by 9-5-12. Surely it's out by now!?

I've been sitting here, camped out, at iPlay. Jack told me that WOZ would be here in May!... Why won't they open the door and let me play it?

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Ha, Alex, are you stalking the photobucket account I link pictures from, you total fucking loon? That's delicious!

It's pathetic.

This coming from someone who accused anyone who simply drives 1.5 miles out of his way on the way home from work to go by JJP's factory to see if cars are in the parking lot as being a "stalker".

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

if/when whatever you're gang-banging alex about finally passes, and we thankfully move on to some other topics...

...can you promise to start reading pinside while wearing pants? cuz your creepin' me out. in the meantime, i'll give you all the benefit of the doubt and assume that's a roll of quarters in your non-typing hand.

-jon

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It's pathetic.
This coming from someone who accused anyone who simply drives 1.5 miles out of his way on the way home from work to go by JJP's factory to see if cars are in the parking lot as being a "stalker".

He's obviously looking at a Photobucket account that was set to private. Interesting. Funny, the stuff he comments on is stuff that was bought and sold in bulk buys with a comic shop owner buddy over the years. I guess "lame ink" refers to pics of a guy that isn't me in there, who has a bunch of tattoos. So very desperate and violative.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 91.00
$ 16.95
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-jersey-jack-saw-woz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.