image-250.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0660.JPG
IMG_6713.JPG
IMG_5130.JPG
photo_3.JPG
photo_2.JPG
photo_1.JPG
There are 144 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#52 10 years ago

That looks amazing. The overall look is better than the premium hammer and clear coffin.

I wonder if a version for the premium with a clear BG would look good or just cover up the balls too much? Maybe there's a different design with more open space that would look cool?

#53 10 years ago

Looks awesome. I just placed an order for one. Can't wait to see what it looks like on my playfield!

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

That looks amazing. The overall look is better than the premium hammer and clear coffin.
I wonder if a version for the premium with a clear BG would look good or just cover up the balls too much? Maybe there's a different design with more open space that would look cool?

I'll play with it a bit.. I'm also thinking just clear with out any colored back ground might be cool.

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

I'll play with it a bit.. I'm also thinking just clear with out any colored back ground might be cool.

There might be a market for a design on clear that's just a border around the outside of the coffin, but leaves the middle open to see the balls. Teeth, or flames, or thorns, or whatever.

#56 10 years ago

Looks great but I am worried that the used glue will affect the Playfield somehow.

Any experience on removing the sticker if it is require for instance die to damage or a new owner don't like it or ...

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Looks great but I am worried that the used glue will affect the Playfield somehow.
Any experience on removing the sticker if it is require for instance die to damage or a new owner don't like it or ...

It's just glue. Use a little Goo Gone if want. Playfield is clear coated, it won't do anything. Believe me, if you can strip mylar off a whole playfield without any trouble a little decal is a non issue.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's just glue. Use a little Goo Gone if want. Playfield is clear coated, it won't do anything. Believe me, if you can strip mylar off a whole playfield without any trouble a little decal is a non issue.

Exactly what Aurich said. ^^

And furthermore, it's going on top of an insert that has no graphics on it to begin with. Unless the adhesive is so Herculean that it rips the insert out of the playfield, there is nothing to be concerned about.

#59 10 years ago

Looks great. The BSD replacement vampire is also one of the best mods I've seen. Keep on creating !

#60 10 years ago

Just installed mine- looks sweet.

Warning I waxed my playfield and put a little over the sticker to protect- and it really faded the sticker and rubbed it partially off.
Mylar probably better idea to protect if you do anything.

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from pin15:

Warning I waxed my playfield and put a little over the sticker to protect- and it really faded the sticker and rubbed it partially off.

Thanks for the note.. Did you get you back up too?

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from pin15:

What wax did you use?

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

What wax did you use?

Novus 2.

Quoted from Iamdarras:

Thanks for the note.. Did you get you back up too?

Yes, that was a nice surprise. Debating whether to save as a back up later or replace now. Knowing me I will probably replace now because it will drive me crazy looking at the faded rubbed off one. Looks so great with the colors- can't imagine without- looks factory.
Thanks again, Great job.

#64 10 years ago

In that case I am not too surprised as that isn't wax, and it's fairly abrasive. I just installed mine and waxed it with carnauba based wax and no issues. Looks great I wish it was part of the original PF art.

#65 10 years ago

Novus 2 is a plastic polish to take out minor scratches... Don't use that on your nice new playfield

#66 10 years ago

Woah. Novus 2 isn't wax!! No wonder the poor decal got trashed, you just hit it with a very fine liquid sandpaper. Every time you use that you're wearing off a very thin layer of your clear coat. Now it will take a while to really wear through it with that kind of gentle abrasive, but it's still not what you want to be doing unless you're actually buffing out scratches or something.

Lots of people won't even use something as strong as Novus 2 on a playfield.

Anyways, not to pile on, but just wanted to make sure you switched up your habits before you damage your machine. Get some carnauba wax. You can get years of use out of this: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2581

#67 10 years ago

Thanks for the heads up on the Novus 2. I already have some canauba wax- just have not tried that yet. Won't make that mistake again.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from pin15:

Thanks for the heads up on the Novus 2. I already have some canauba wax- just have not tried that yet. Won't make that mistake again.

Hey, that's how you learn. I wouldn't think normal wax would hurt these decals at all.

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hey, that's how you learn. I wouldn't think normal wax would hurt these decals at all.

Well to be fair, the OP stated in about the 4th or 5th post of this thread that if you want to protect the decal that you can put down some mylar over the top to protect it. If there isn't mylar on it already I'd be real careful to spray, wipe, apply *any* product to it whether its Novus 2, wax or whatever.

I use Novus 2 exclusively on brand new playfields and old EMs and have never had any problems. Now over top of acrylic touch-ups and decals I could see where there could be an issue. Without the mylar cover on this decal I can see there can be problems. Hopefully the decal uses UV stabilized inks or there is the possibility of fading.

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Well to be fair, the OP stated in about the 4th or 5th post of this thread that if you want to protect the decal that you can put down some mylar over the top to protect it. If there isn't mylar on it already I'd be real careful to spray, wipe, apply *any* product to it whether its Novus 2, wax or whatever.
I use Novus 2 exclusively on brand new playfields and old EMs and have never had any problems. Now over top of acrylic touch-ups and decals I could see where there could be an issue. Without the mylar cover on this decal I can see there can be problems. Hopefully the decal uses UV stabilized inks or there is the possibility of fading.

Doesn't mean you won't have problems or it won't last as long. Just use simple green and a nice wax.

#71 10 years ago

where can you get mylar sheets?

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Doesn't mean you won't have problems or it won't last as long. Just use simple green and a nice wax.

In 20 years I never had a single issue with Novus 2 on a playfield. On an unprotected decal, you betcha. I would never use Simple Green on a pf; but to each his own.

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

In 20 years I never had a single issue with Novus 2 on a playfield. On an unprotected decal, you betcha. I would never use Simple Green on a pf; but to each his own.

Simple green is far less abrasive than a novus 2. Why would you 'never' use it? It's safe, easy and doesn't leave gunk all over the place inside cracks and such. Never got a pin without some novus residue from a novus user.

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Simple green is far less abrasive than a novus 2. Why would you 'never' use it? It's safe, easy and doesn't leave gunk all over the place inside cracks and such. Never got a pin without some novus residue from a novus user.

I just wouldn't spray a liquid on a pf where it can wick under posts and soak onto the wood then expand. Especially on EMs or any other pre DMD game. Yeah some people squirt a gob of Novus and slop it around and it does look like hell, I agree.

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I just wouldn't spray a liquid on a pf where it can wick under posts and soak onto the wood then expand. Especially on EMs or any other pre DMD game. Yeah some people squirt a gob of Novus and slop it around and it does look like hell, I agree.

Spray it on the rag

#77 10 years ago

I have a surprise coming very soon for all you MEt owners !!!

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

I have a surprise coming very soon for all you MEt owners !!!

I am excited - Ps nothing in the mail yet

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

I am excited - Ps nothing in the mail yet

Ok I sent another one out today

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Never got a pin without some novus residue from a novus user.

Those would be novice Novus users! Man, I crack myself up!

Like Mike, I personally would not use Simple Green on a playfield. That's like using Windex. Why would you put something that's mostly water on a piece of wood?

I've used Novus #2 for years with nothing but great results. If you've got residue, you're not using it right!

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Those would be novice Novus users! Man, I crack myself up!
Like Mike, I personally would not use Simple Green on a playfield. That's like using Windex. Why would you put something that's mostly water on a piece of wood?
I've used Novus #2 for years with nothing but great results. If you've got residue, you're not using it right!

Gotta say it again I suppose. Put on rag and wipe. On wood? There is a level of clear on top of playfields. My grandma used windex forever on furniture and nothing happened to it. Older than our pins too

Either way, getting off track here.

#82 10 years ago

hmm....

IMG_0660.JPGIMG_0660.JPG

#83 10 years ago

Sneak peak ! I will post after I get them installed

image.jpgimage.jpg

#84 10 years ago

Just got my coffin decal, what a great mod! Makes looking at locked balls much easier. It looks like it was put on at the factory

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

What is that exactly?

shrunken Metallica heads...

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

shrunken Metallica heads...

Is it the pic or does it look a bit pixelated? Do you have a farther shot? Looks kinda outta palce.

Also, may not want to thread hijack this?

#88 10 years ago

I'm not selling - just posting alternatives ideas.

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

Sneak peak ! I will post after I get them installed

Are those Metallica side mirrors/art? And to think I just ordered chrome sides a couple of days ago...

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Are those Metallica side mirrors/art? And to think I just ordered chrome sides a couple of days ago...

yup but -- i was not stolked about how they looked installed so im still playing with the idea...

#91 10 years ago

Received mine today,great job

#93 10 years ago

Got mine yesterday and installed today. Looks awesome! Thanks for making these. Great job!!

#94 10 years ago

I'm stolked everybody is digging it !!

#95 10 years ago

OK, will give it a try. Order is with you just as payment

#96 10 years ago

Just ordered 2 ( always good to have a spare ) on a totally needed mod

#97 10 years ago

Got mine today, thanks for the fast shipping and the little extra that was sent. Now only if my game wasnt 2 weeks out for me getting a day off to go get them both home and set up.

1 week later
#98 10 years ago

Got it, thanks. Looks great

image-250.jpgimage-250.jpg image-632.jpgimage-632.jpg
#99 10 years ago

Much better than expected.

Really can see the locks more clearly.

And like the way it attaches as not that sticky but went on real nice

#100 10 years ago

Great !! Hells to the ya !!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 149.00
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 12.95
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 144 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-coffin-mod-decal-now-available/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.