(Topic ID: 83153)

Metallica CODE UPDATE is here!!! 1.5 is UP!!!

By Rarehero

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 809 posts
  • 201 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

picks.jpg
20140313_224619.jpg
eotl.jpg
hahahaohwow.jpg
foam1.jpg
image.jpg
MET score.JPG
1980788_10152007345416939_1204062861_n[1].jpg
Twoweeks.jpg
lumbergh.jpg
04aa70639a2711e0910f12313b10052d_small.jpg
image.jpg
surprised.gif
image-37.jpg
image-327.jpg
image-650.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#174 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Did some pinwhiners actually believe that Met would be left unfinished ?
Lyman always finishes what he starts. It really is sad to see this group going the path of RGP.

Well in all fairness this update did take a pretty long time to drop. It's not that people don't love Lyman it's that they want better code for the pins they pay a lot of money for. I being among those that have waited a long time to get an adequate update for a pin can definitely understand why some would get a bit frustrated about it.

That said, I'm glad to see Stern is starting to put more of an emphasis on making sure their games get adequate code support. This along with the XM update really helped ease my concerns on buying from Stern and made me a bigger fan of theirs. Keep up the good work Stern us pinball addicts love our updates!

#646 10 years ago

I had a pretty lengthy game on MET with the updated code and wow what a difference. It was exactly what I was hoping for to put it over the top. Got to and cashed out 3 CIU modes and had 4th lit but drained darn it. Just made the game much more enjoyable what a fun pin!!

#650 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Did you put rubber bands across the outlane posts too?

Wow, that's an impressive game!
What was your score?? 8 balls?

Nope first game on new code all setting standard with loose tilt. Can't remember the score but was able to get GC score for now at least. You know I actually might be a capable player every once in a while. Ye of little faith.

#652 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Greg, relax pal.
I have Special = Extra Ball too. Lighten up.

Seriously dude, that is a pretty epic game!
Do you remember what your highest jackpot collected was on any of the 3 CIU modes?

It was all really new to me and I was kind like a hyped up pinball nerd. So much so I didn't even think to remember the score. The tilt being loose was a big help. I think my highest cash out was about 35. I'm not familiar enough with the code to even know how that is. I do know the one I scored the most on I was about 40 seconds from the song ending. I was so disappointed to have CIU lit then drain it was a bit of a choke. This is exactly the kind of update this pin needed/deserved. Extra songs will be the cherry on top.

Is special default to extra ball or is that a setting that can be changed? I got 2 extra balls one for hitting captive ball and the other I assume for hitting a certain number of ramps like TRON.

#683 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Welp, I'm officially over my hammer hate, and I'm really glad I didn't stumble on a deal for a cheap Pro, because as much as I hate to say it, I think I need the Premium now. The lighting differences are just too great. Got to spend some time on Rarehero's LE tonight, I'm sold.

'cheap pro' is hardly accurate. I'm unsure why we sometimes feel the need to rip down something else to say how much we like another. Pro is a bad ass machine man.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.50
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-code-15-is-up?tu=the_dude_abides and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.