(Topic ID: 83153)

Metallica CODE UPDATE is here!!! 1.5 is UP!!!

By Rarehero

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 809 posts
  • 201 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

picks.jpg
20140313_224619.jpg
eotl.jpg
hahahaohwow.jpg
foam1.jpg
image.jpg
MET score.JPG
1980788_10152007345416939_1204062861_n[1].jpg
Twoweeks.jpg
lumbergh.jpg
04aa70639a2711e0910f12313b10052d_small.jpg
image.jpg
surprised.gif
image-37.jpg
image-327.jpg
image-650.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rickwh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#326 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Well think about it. A few more songs would probably help with the band modes, they probably count on them existing so as to not reuse other modes' songs. We already know that they're coming in a few weeks, Stern announced it today:

"integrates these songs" - I'd feel confident Lyman doesn't need a few weeks to add them to the jukebox. So I think it's reasonable to think there's more coming in a few weeks, and they just didn't want to make people keep waiting. Originally they implied the songs would be in by today remember? That didn't work out, so they dropped a major code update to tide people over.
I think we need to give Stern credit here. We bitched, and they listened. There has been more communication lately. X-Men, the game that people thought would rot got not just one update, but several bug fixes to afterwards. Metallica drops, it's not done, but Stern gives us a timeline for when to expect more.
We can be mad about the past, or we can recognize the improvements. I'm personally hoping to see some Star Trek love soon.

I agree. The sins of the past were terrible. No communication, long delays, etc. but to me they seem to have made really good improvements in these areas. Completed xmen as somewhat of a surprise, a huge met update, seems to have addresses hammer issues, sling adjustment setting to maybe help with sling of death issues. Much better communication and posting "ballpark" release dates.

To me they seem to be getting their shiznit together.

#370 10 years ago

Got mine updated this morning. Loving it. Im still a bit clueless to what exactly im supposed to be doing in the crank it modes. And i do wish there was a ball save during crank it... I forget which mode it was but i liked the complete it goal where the major shots acted kinda like medieval madness. Each time u hit a shot it lit anothe light on that shot.

I enjoy the magnet randomness from sparky and the coffin shot.

Awesome update!

Sounds like hammer is still hit and miss (no pun intended), for some prem/le folks. Hope that gets better.

All the talk of the color changing arrow inserts is making me wish i had a premium... But the hammer would drive my adhd side crazy.

Thanks stern!

#459 10 years ago
Quoted from Spartanmcdoodle:

I have only 2 problems holding me back on this game. I can't aim properly for the fuel dead end or the mystery scoop. I generally get the scoop off the sling but now I need to consistently hit it for ciu mode it's a problem. I have found if I am needing to get a scoop off ciu straight off the plunger you can hold down the left flipper, snap it as hard as you can around the orbit and leave the left flipper up and the ball bounces straight off the flipper into the scoop.
Any tips on aiming for the scoop during play?

I am able to get the mystery scoop when i catch a ball on the left flipper. I completely stop the ball, then let flipper down and time the shot across the playfield to the scoop.

Fuel target the basically the same shot from the right flipper, and most times it banks into the grave marker!

The fuel lane is very tough for me though. Haven't got the timing on that one down yet.

Good luck!

#528 10 years ago

Aurich, seems probable that they'd fire up the assembly line and crank out some MET goodness. Maybe if they do some premiums, the hammer issues would be ironed out already and would be good to go? I know there is lots of talk of the quality control, but surely any new premiums would have the new hammer board installed etc. right?

For the record, I'm happy with my Pro. But if I were in your situation I'd be considering the Premium too. Esp if I could guarantee that the hammer would work. The colored inserts and GI seems like it might be worth it. Cross and snake jaw I think I could do without.

Oh and I'd have to have the Monster/dirty Donny/looks like the pro cabinet/backglass. The road case/binge and purge premium isn't my cup of tea.

If you do get one, will you be doing up any of your magic on it? Like Rule/price apron cards/decals etc.?

#544 10 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

My hammer hasn't been a problem either. The only problem I have lately,is every time I nail sparky,the ball launches up & hits him in the head(funny the first few times)& lands somewhere that takes a while to get back on the PF.

I had sparky airballs too. I cut a new piece of plastic that makes more of a shelf in front of sparky and now the ball is kept down. Really simple. Take stock one off game trace around it on a piece of polycarbonate i got from lowes, and then cut it out using band saw, use a drill press to drill out the mounting holes, and boom no more airballs.

#546 10 years ago
Quoted from digitalbytes:

A pinsider created a new custom plastic to replace the one in front of sparky to prevent this kind of problem:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-it-possible-to-reproduce-pinball-plastics-including-artwork-at-home/page/2#post-1310315
Was thinking of doing this myself.

Yep thats the pics from the plastic i made. I was too lazy to go look for the link. Hehe!

I can make a few if people are interested. Just shoot me a pm and we can work it out. Im not looking to make money and dont have a ton of time, but id make a few if people are interested.

#707 10 years ago

All this talk of fade to black made and all the premium color gi lighting.... Im pretty sure in the 5 or 6 CIU modes ive started... My pro's gi was completely off the whole time. Def could use some tweaks to make it work a bit better with the pro config.

#787 10 years ago
Quoted from Spartanmcdoodle:

For all you 'fans' here is the new song they debuted today. It's a work in progress.
Lords of Summer
» YouTube video

Sounds to me like this new song has a vibe that would make it fit on MoP. Lil bit disposable heros, lil bit damage inc., the solo sections reminded me of the way am i evil is structured (i know its a cover) with the solo going on for an extended period over multiple chord changes/riffs.

I listened twice and i like the song. My only criticism is that it probably rambles on a bit with various sections that dont seem to gel within a common theme. But it rocks and sounds like MoP!!! Ill take it!

1 month later
#791 9 years ago

I got the jack f-ing pot last night. I was so busy with juggling balls that i didnt even have a chance to see how much the JP was for... Awesome callouts in this game.

1 week later
#799 9 years ago
Quoted from JH315:

SF Giants had Metallica night at the park last week. These picks were a giveaway. Now added to my LE.

picks.jpg 276 KB

Those pics are awesome!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 149.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rickwh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-code-15-is-up?tu=rickwh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.