(Topic ID: 83153)

Metallica CODE UPDATE is here!!! 1.5 is UP!!!

By Rarehero

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 809 posts
  • 201 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

picks.jpg
20140313_224619.jpg
eotl.jpg
hahahaohwow.jpg
foam1.jpg
image.jpg
MET score.JPG
1980788_10152007345416939_1204062861_n[1].jpg
Twoweeks.jpg
lumbergh.jpg
04aa70639a2711e0910f12313b10052d_small.jpg
image.jpg
surprised.gif
image-37.jpg
image-327.jpg
image-650.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phishrace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#314 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

What I said was I was disappointed in the update and am not finding there to be strategy typical with Lyman rulesets.

You shouldn't want typical. AC/DC wasn't typical and look how that turned out.

Quoted from markmon:

Can anyone expand on this strategy? How do you light inserts and which inserts do you mean to light?

The same way you light them for S&D. If that didn't click when you read it, you probably shouldn't be disappointed with the update. That's old software stuff. MET may turn out to be Lyman's most strategic game ever. Hell, it may already deserve that title. If you're not seeing it, either give it more time or play with better players.

#381 10 years ago
Quoted from digitalbytes:

This is a critical piece of information that I did not glean from the release notes. I will have an easier time getting to Crank it Up knowing this. Thanks Rarehero.

Rare gleaned that info from sk8ball two pages back:

Quoted from sk8ball:

The only shot you physically have to hit 15 times is the captive ball. If you have a snake, cross, or sparky insert lit on ANY of the ramps/ loops/ cross that you shoot it too counts towards the 15 needed.

Quoted from sk8ball:

Try lighting as many inserts as you can before starting any multiball. This is a quick path to CIU since almost every shot you hit in multiball will count towards your CIU progress.

That's who you should be thanking.

#448 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Sorry one of the great things about the premium is the spinners...

I'm not saying the pro is better, but with the spinners, you can't short plunge to the flippers without starting the ball saver. That's a huge cheat on the pro.

#451 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Can someone explain to me how you 'finish' a CIU mode?

I have collected huge jackpots by getting two of each item and hitting the scoop. That's not really 'finishing' the mode, is it?

Quoted from sk8ball:

Simply shoot snake, chair, captive ball and marker on each CIU mode to "beat" it. But obviously you want to build up your song bonus before doing so by playing the modes out.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-150-comments-bugs-thread#post-1506278

#624 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Historically, Lyman has not opted to add optional ball savers even when massively requested to do so.

Hell, he barely used instant info until recently. Try cradling a ball on Spidey to check how many balls you have locked. Won't tell you. Even after a dozen or more updates. With AC/DC, because there are few audio or video cues, he gave the player a break and added lots of instant info. MET has way more than usual.

A Spidey on factory settings typically has long ball times, but only awards one extra ball on the way to the wiz mode. If you change settings to award more extra balls, the wiz mode gets harder. That's how Lyman rolls. No breaks and no stupid ball savers. If anything, he's going to make it harder.

If someone's mystery scoop is kicking SDTM, it's your game. I've played at least half a dozen different examples, including both premium and pros, and never seen more than an occasional SDTM from the scoop. Try adjusting the switch there. Many were improperly adjusted from the factory.

I got to try the new software yesterday and scores have increased by a huge margin. You guys okay with that? Should we have him turn down the scoring too?

#663 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Ok, can someone clarify how the CIU qualification works?

When in doubt, check instant info. It will tell you how many hits you need for each and how many hits each shots counts for (after you make the shot). Check how many hits are needed on each first (can check at the beginning of any ball), then shoot lit up right ramp and get ball back under control, then check how many hits you got for each. 15 minus something to start on each.

Someone needs to compare CIU time to actual time. Think that clock may be a little faster than actual time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phishrace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-code-15-is-up?tu=phishrace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.