(Topic ID: 83153)

Metallica CODE UPDATE is here!!! 1.5 is UP!!!

By Rarehero

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 809 posts
  • 201 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

picks.jpg
20140313_224619.jpg
eotl.jpg
hahahaohwow.jpg
foam1.jpg
image.jpg
MET score.JPG
1980788_10152007345416939_1204062861_n[1].jpg
Twoweeks.jpg
lumbergh.jpg
04aa70639a2711e0910f12313b10052d_small.jpg
image.jpg
surprised.gif
image-37.jpg
image-327.jpg
image-650.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#104 10 years ago

So basically, I bought this game at the best possible time. I can't wait for TPF now!

#197 10 years ago
Quoted from smokey_789:

Now that you whiney-butts got YOUR update, how 'bout round 3 for Star Trek? .........guessing 12 thumbs down............

Lemme help you with that... +1.

#200 10 years ago
Quoted from Duff:

Funny noone has mentioned the mystery. When Is the last time you saw that many things in the mystery. It's like Lyman said " I got you f@k$ ing mystery right here. End of story. That's was good for a laugh.

I was wondering about that lol....seriously, 4 levels of depth? Like here, let me shoot the orbits a few more times into those deadly pop bumpers to try and get more lanes for a better mystery reward LOL.

#359 10 years ago

I wonder if I can get our local op to update before TPF, since I won't get my game until TPF, and even then I'll be playing out the nose to play it.

#389 10 years ago
Quoted from balselly:

Not that I have seen. Someone correct me, but mine stays on full brightness during FTB, unless I am doing it wrong. Or do you have to complete a jackpot to dim the GI? Either way, I am starting to regret my Pro decision. Still not 2K in regret, but "re-thinking".

I hope you're wrong, especially given that the pros have incadescent in the GI anyways, don't they? Almost sounds too ludicrous to believe that the GI *wouldn't* dim, but the LED one does?!

#393 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Oh yeah, I forgot that Met Pro had Incandescent GI ....but I think SAM era Stern GI is just On/Off. The controllable separate GI zones of ACDC/Xmen/Avengers/Metallica allow for these cool diming and color combo FX.

That's really sh...
Guess I'll never play Fade to Black in CIU unless the scoring is extremely unbalanced in favor of it, or I absolutely HAVE to to get to End of Line. >=\

#404 10 years ago
Quoted from balselly:

Pro guys are finding out that they didn't get the bargain they were thinking they got.

Well, given the fact that I like the pro art more, and the choices of powder color Stern used on the premium is exceedingly MEH... I dunno.. 2.5k(?) for a few extra feet of wire, some sockets, and the ball lock mech to me. The cross is kinda cool, but visual only, and I don;t give a poop about the snake jaw honestly....and there's only 6 RGB inserts...not like star trek where it's all or NONE.

Just bummed about the GI lighting is all. This is one of those times where I wish Stern would let people with know-how do what they do best, because adding the GI in should be possible for someone with the patience to do it....but if they don't have the code in the Pro to support it, then it's a completely moot point. Would be interested to see if the LE/Prem playfields are actually routed out any differently to accomodate the 3x GI, and what differences there are on the MPUs to accomodate their LED driving.

I'd consider trading up at this point, even though I have serious SERIOUS doubts about that hammer to be reliable over time.

#406 10 years ago

413 million? Man, that's absurd compared to old scores, lol...

#408 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Uh....what powder coat on the premium?

They didn't do any differnt powder than the normal black on the premium? That just makes the price difference even more stupid. Especially given what I paid for my game.

#576 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

There needs to be a cue of either sound or light to let you know that thing is coming at you.

"SCOOP DA WOOP! I'M A FIRING MUH PINBALL!"

#632 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What does IDDQD mean?

Old PC game cheat codes lol

#653 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I assume for hitting a certain number of ramps like TRON.

Combos....which basically means ramps on MET.

#656 10 years ago

Good luck getting a large number of combos off orbits. I never have. Couldn't do it on AC/DC either, but granted, I think it's FAR easier to combo ramps on AC/DC than it is on Met. Feels like the ramp shots on Met are way way way tighter..

#658 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

By the way, if you really want to know when the ball is coming out of the scoop for timing purposes, simply hit both flippers at the same time = instant ball eject!

Word. I use this all the time. I dunno that I'll be as eager NOW with the CIU animations and the extra mystery awards, but when I knew it was 500k or Fuel, made it a no brainer lol..

#695 10 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

add a gobble hole for all I care.

Not necessary, it's already on the playfield. It's called the left outlane.

#697 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Quoted for great truth and justice. Is there a hidden magnet in that lane?

Nope, just the tormented souls of thousands of rookie players.

#761 10 years ago

Almost 20 years is too soon?

God, what do I tell the people on facebook that were already making jokes about the lost plane?

#764 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You mean almost 30 years.

Either way...

#781 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

It was a joke. He was getting thumbed down.

Deadpan is really hard to pull off on the interwebz.

2 months later
#806 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Are there already super ramps, super orbits etc shots? Maybe the band members could correspond to these types of modes?

No, not yet. The issue here is what are you going to do on a pro?

I mean, you've got pops, orbits, and ramps... but there's no spinners on the 4th one. Super Sparky? Super End of the Line Lane?

Super Combos maybe.

#809 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This has to rank up there with one of the dumbest things Stern has ever done. Was anyone seriously going to spend $1500 more to get the spinner? Which is a cheap part. Totally boned the game by gimping the Pro artificially like that.
And I mean the whole game, because now Lyman has to either ignore the spinner for the most part, or make rules that are better and make sense for Prem/LE and stupid for the Pro. Nobody wins with that. Should have left the spinner in place.

At least I will have found one thing to agree with you on today.

I'm just glad they didn't cut the metal ramps. Seems almost odd that they cut spinners over metal ramps though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-code-15-is-up?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.