(Topic ID: 83153)

Metallica CODE UPDATE is here!!! 1.5 is UP!!!

By Rarehero

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 809 posts
  • 201 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

picks.jpg
20140313_224619.jpg
eotl.jpg
hahahaohwow.jpg
foam1.jpg
image.jpg
MET score.JPG
1980788_10152007345416939_1204062861_n[1].jpg
Twoweeks.jpg
lumbergh.jpg
04aa70639a2711e0910f12313b10052d_small.jpg
image.jpg
surprised.gif
image-37.jpg
image-327.jpg
image-650.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SolarRide.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#352 10 years ago

Keith, it sounds like completing one of the S&D shots (sparky,snake,gravemarker in any order on a red-marked shot, then flashing captive ball), and then continuously hitting that completed S&D shot will get ciu lit quickly:
1. Mark right ramp with red arrow by hitting it
2. hit sparky,snake,gravemarker in any order and then flashing captive ball
3. Keep hitting right ramp over and over (shoot right ramp, bump over to left flipper - repeat) since all inserts are lit on a completed S&D shot except coffin

I haven't played 1.5 so just asking if this will work for quick CIU progression ?

Quoted from sk8ball:

Try lighting as many inserts as you can before starting any multiball. This is a quick path to CIU since almost every shot you hit in multiball will count towards your CIU progress.

#417 10 years ago

Good to know, thanks. Might as well try the super skill shot first, and if the right ramp is lit that is great. Otherwise just get the S&D right ramp shot completed so that you can keep hitting the right ramp over and over to get the requisite 15 shots for everything but Coffin.

Quoted from pinballcorpse:

As another neat feature discovered by my son, an entire triplet of inserts can be lit from a super skill shot. Hold the left flipper in, hit one of the 5 major shots and the chair, snake and cross inserts all light up on the made shot ready for single shot for the hurry up.
It is similar to the super skill shot in AFM where 3 inserts can be completed in one shot.
Edit
Sorry...
The way I have it written above is not quite right. What my son and I observed after more games is that when the left flipper is held and the ball launched, ONE of the 5 main shots will have all 3 of the inserts lit up. So you have to pay attention. You can't just hit any of the main shots like in AFM.
Still it is a potentially quicker path to lighting inserts.

#426 10 years ago

With such a fun game, you will painlessly get your live catch skill locked in; it won't even feel like practice.

Quoted from pinballcorpse:

If the super skill shot on the left side is lit, I find that a loop pass maneuver works nicely to get the ball to the right flipper. ( I think that is the correct name). Then just hit one of the 3 lit shots. The grace period is nice.
I actually have a harder time when the super skill shot is on the right side since I need to work on my live catches. Otherwise during the super skill shot I am hitting the right side on the fly which is dangerous because failed shots are rocketed to the left outlane.
If I can get my live catches down that will help.
Good game to practice that skill on.

#643 10 years ago

Here is a beeline v1.5 strat (confirmed) to get CIU qualified at the scoop asap:
1) If you don't get super skill shot on right ramp, then mark right ramp by shooting it.
2) Hit sparky and snake in either order and then gravemarker drop target (if you hit gravemarker first it becomes the marked shot)
3) Hit right ramp and then nail the flashing captive ball
4) All three inserts are now lit on the right ramp.
5) Alternate hitting right ramp and lit snake head for snake letter until snake is flashing to start snake multiball
6) start snake multiball and go to town on captive ball. You can also try to get add-a-ball and knock down gravemarker targets once you hit the captive ball 15 times so that gravemarker is one hit away from being qualified when you exit snake (gravemarker to be used to get 20 captive ball hits for 2nd CIU once first CIU played). Use the remaining mb if you have it still to then hit right ramp more until 15 right ramp shots are made (status report does show hits needed for each CIU qualifying element and playfield inserts also show if you completed a CIU qualifying element like snake,sparky,coffin or gravemarker).
7) Once you have 15 captive ball hits, hit the right ramp until CIU is lit at scoop if it isn't lit upon exiting mb.

You can use this strat over and over again to get the other 3 CIUs (2nd CIU takes 20 hits of each element, but as long as you didn't get S&D, the right ramp still will have all 3 inserts lit), but just keep in mind that it takes more right ramps to light light the snake head for a snake letter (2 times for next snake mb and 3 times for next, I think on factory it maxes at 3 snake inserts to light snake head for snake letter). Along the way you will start Lady Justice, but it will be less points than normal since you are just hitting the right ramp.

The multiballs are now just a tool in v1.5 to get the 15 captive ball hits (or 20/25/30 for other CIUs) more safely than in single ball play, since the various CIUs dwarf the scoring of other game elements like mb,S&D,lady justice and fuel.

#654 10 years ago

Orbits also

Quoted from Frax:

Combos....which basically means ramps on MET.

#660 10 years ago

Yes they're not too easy. I'm just saying that they count as combos too, not just ramps.

Quoted from Frax:

Good luck getting a large number of combos off orbits. I never have. Couldn't do it on AC/DC either, but granted, I think it's FAR easier to combo ramps on AC/DC than it is on Met. Feels like the ramp shots on Met are way way way tighter..

#667 10 years ago

That is a very clear description you wrote. One thing I forgot to mention is the special property of the snake head:
If you hit it, non-marked shots will sometimes get snake inserts lit, unlike sparky and gravemarker which only light inserts on a marked shot.

Quoted from schudel5:

Long explination short, a shot to the orbits, ramp and grave, with the inserts lit, count towards the 15 hits as well as the actual shot. Let's just take one shot as an example. Shoot the left orbit and the arrow lites up. Hit sparky and the sparky insert lites up. Now that that sparky insert is lit, any shot to the left orbit adds to the 15 sparky shots. Hitting sparky itself counts too. Every shot made to an orbit or ramp with sparky lit counts to the total number of sparky hits. The only shot you have to hit 15 times is the coffin, as there is no insert on any of the orbits or ramps for the coffin. Once you get the 15 hits, the insert above the flippers lite up. All 4 lit qualifies CIU.

#670 10 years ago

I believe a blown piston is any orbit or ramp shot followed immediately by a shot to the dead-end. Someone please correct me if this is not the case.

Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

What exactly is this? I thought it was pop bumper completions but that doesn't advance the Instant Info... is this tied to the fuel lane lights?

No kidding. Since owning mine I haven't had one name go up for combos on the board.

#674 10 years ago

Well I think you mean they still do very little. And the answer AFAIK is still yes.

Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Ooooh that makes sense. The combo jackpot. I shall check.
So the pops do nothing still then?

#676 10 years ago

Since a shot to a ramp or orbit causes the fuel lane to flash briefly, won't it also give you a Blown piston as a hurry-up while it still flashes ? I could swear I got one this way.

Quoted from sk8ball:

Blown piston is when the light is flashing in the fuel lane. So 2 jets levels will light it flashing, fuel target collects.

#783 10 years ago

and ideally during multiball with the ball saver on.

Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

You have to drain down the lit outlane.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
11,600 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 149.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 12.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SolarRide.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-code-15-is-up?tu=SolarRide and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.