(Topic ID: 83153)

Metallica CODE UPDATE is here!!! 1.5 is UP!!!

By Rarehero

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 809 posts
  • 201 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

picks.jpg
20140313_224619.jpg
eotl.jpg
hahahaohwow.jpg
foam1.jpg
image.jpg
MET score.JPG
1980788_10152007345416939_1204062861_n[1].jpg
Twoweeks.jpg
lumbergh.jpg
04aa70639a2711e0910f12313b10052d_small.jpg
image.jpg
surprised.gif
image-37.jpg
image-327.jpg
image-650.jpg
There are 809 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 17.
#401 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

As another neat feature discovered by my son, an entire triplet of inserts can be lit from a super skill shot. Hold the left flipper in, hit one of the 5 major shots and the chair, snake and cross inserts all light up on the made shot ready for single shot for the hurry up.
It is similar to the super skill shot in AFM where 3 inserts can be completed in one shot.

Oooh that.s nice!!

#403 10 years ago
Quoted from Bearded_Warrior:

Try setting Feature Adjustment #80 to "NO". This was #73 in the old code.

It has worked good since that adjustment.

#404 10 years ago
Quoted from balselly:

Pro guys are finding out that they didn't get the bargain they were thinking they got.

Well, given the fact that I like the pro art more, and the choices of powder color Stern used on the premium is exceedingly MEH... I dunno.. 2.5k(?) for a few extra feet of wire, some sockets, and the ball lock mech to me. The cross is kinda cool, but visual only, and I don;t give a poop about the snake jaw honestly....and there's only 6 RGB inserts...not like star trek where it's all or NONE.

Just bummed about the GI lighting is all. This is one of those times where I wish Stern would let people with know-how do what they do best, because adding the GI in should be possible for someone with the patience to do it....but if they don't have the code in the Pro to support it, then it's a completely moot point. Would be interested to see if the LE/Prem playfields are actually routed out any differently to accomodate the 3x GI, and what differences there are on the MPUs to accomodate their LED driving.

I'd consider trading up at this point, even though I have serious SERIOUS doubts about that hammer to be reliable over time.

#405 10 years ago

Code continues to impress!

For those who say that getting to CIU is too difficult, I have to disagree. I got to it on my first ball and have started it twice in the same game a few times now, and I am sure I will get better when I learn more of the rules, like the super skill shot mentioned by Pinball Corpse.

The CIU modes are great! I think I was in For Whom the Bell Tolls and it seemed to take me forever to light the scoop again, but when I did I had 2x scoring going and I cashed in for a 118 million point jackpot!

MET score.JPGMET score.JPG
#406 10 years ago

413 million? Man, that's absurd compared to old scores, lol...

#407 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Well, given the fact that I like the pro art more, and the choices of powder color Stern used on the premium is exceedingly MEH...

Uh....what powder coat on the premium?

Quoted from Frax:

413 million? Man, that's absurd compared to old scores, lol...

Yes. Old scores are irrelevant now.

It's a bit of a tradeoff though. Ball times are a bit shorter because of the magnets, but the scoring opportunities are way better/higher.

My GC score on old code was right at 300 million

#408 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Uh....what powder coat on the premium?

They didn't do any differnt powder than the normal black on the premium? That just makes the price difference even more stupid. Especially given what I paid for my game.

#409 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

They didn't do any differnt powder than the normal black on the premium? That just makes the price difference even more stupid. Especially given what I paid for my game.

Nope, it's all black. You will see posts that I've made on this subject in the past and I've always said the the MET Pro is one of the best bang for the buck pins out there, but with this new code update and the HUGE enhancements made to the LED insert lighting, I would have a hard time giving it up in favor of a pro.

#410 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

This comment is proof you have never read that forum. This is still a MET code update thread... right?
I am looking forward to playing the new MET code, congrats to all the owners and pinball players.

Settle down sassy pants. Ice & I give each other a lot of shit & I just couldn't pass up that golden oppertunity .

Also be aware I had a WOZ preorder & indeed frequented that forum.

Back on topic, MET had a code update with more to come. Cool.

#411 10 years ago

Didn't someone say they were gonna post a video of a premium with the new code? I am anxious to see the new premium lighting changes.

#412 10 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

So with new code which is best to get: pro or premium?

Doesn't matter the game, Premium is always better to get if you can afford it.

#413 10 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

unless the hammer turns you off

#414 10 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

The hammer rocks,the sound is awesome and hammering balls into the playfiled and into a coffin
that is stacking Multiballs what's not to like! BOoOoOoM

#415 10 years ago

I have a NIB Premium (Dirty Donny) edition coming in mid April, should I use this code or will there be another update before I get my pin? I put a deposit down to hold one! My first NIB, the whole family is excited about getting it. My wifes all time favorite band and she loves pinball, heck she told me to get the Premium edition, as I was only wanting the pro.

#417 10 years ago

Good to know, thanks. Might as well try the super skill shot first, and if the right ramp is lit that is great. Otherwise just get the S&D right ramp shot completed so that you can keep hitting the right ramp over and over to get the requisite 15 shots for everything but Coffin.

As another neat feature discovered by my son, an entire triplet of inserts can be lit from a super skill shot. Hold the left flipper in, hit one of the 5 major shots and the chair, snake and cross inserts all light up on the made shot ready for single shot for the hurry up.
It is similar to the super skill shot in AFM where 3 inserts can be completed in one shot.
Edit
Sorry...
The way I have it written above is not quite right. What my son and I observed after more games is that when the left flipper is held and the ball launched, ONE of the 5 main shots will have all 3 of the inserts lit up. So you have to pay attention. You can't just hit any of the main shots like in AFM.
Still it is a potentially quicker path to lighting inserts.

#418 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It used to be white in the last version. The arrow lights blue whenever you hit a shot...blue means it is "selected" - that shot will collect the Sparky/Snake/Grave inserts when you hit those things. When you light them all on a shot, it starts to fade - shoot a shot while it's fading, and the Coffin starts to flash. Shoot the Coffin hurry-up to "lock in" that shot. Those inserts will now stay lit even when you lose a ball. In the old code, getting all those shots completed got you to Seek & Destroy....it still does...but now in this code, getting a shot completed will help you toward Crank It Up, since the lit inserts give you "hits" on each item. A shot with all Sparky/Snake/Grave inserts lit will give you one of each every time you shoot it!

Cool Thanks Greg.

#419 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It used to be white in the last version. The arrow lights blue whenever you hit a shot...blue means it is "selected" - that shot will collect the Sparky/Snake/Grave inserts when you hit those things. When you light them all on a shot, it starts to fade - shoot a shot while it's fading, and the Coffin starts to flash. Shoot the Coffin hurry-up to "lock in" that shot. Those inserts will now stay lit even when you lose a ball. In the old code, getting all those shots completed got you to Seek & Destroy....it still does...but now in this code, getting a shot completed will help you toward Crank It Up, since the lit inserts give you "hits" on each item. A shot with all Sparky/Snake/Grave inserts lit will give you one of each every time you shoot it!

Very CoOl

Thanks for this!

#420 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Code continues to impress!
For those who say that getting to CIU is too difficult, I have to disagree. I got to it on my first ball and have started it twice in the same game a few times now, and I am sure I will get better when I learn more of the rules, like the super skill shot mentioned by Pinball Corpse.
The CIU modes are great! I think I was in For Whom the Bell Tolls and it seemed to take me forever to light the scoop again, but when I did I had 2x scoring going and I cashed in for a 118 million point jackpot!

+1 to this. Figuring out that lit inserts progressed to CIU changed my whole strategy. Now theres some huge decisions in any MB - shoot jackpots, or shoot inserts to progress to CIU? You can potentially shoot something like right ramp over and over to progress chair, snake, and cross counts if you have that lane completed.

And THEN on top of it all, SnD has another layer of thought - if you start it, and it ends you lose ALL of your inserts. If you avoid starting it, you have potentially 4 lanes of shots counting to your next CIU.

#421 10 years ago
Quoted from SolarRide:

Good to know, thanks. Might as well try the super skill shot first, and if the right ramp is lit that is great. Otherwise just get the S&D right ramp shot completed so that you can keep hitting the right ramp over and over to get the requisite 15 shots for everything but Coffin.

If the super skill shot on the left side is lit, I find that a loop pass maneuver works nicely to get the ball to the right flipper. ( I think that is the correct name). Then just hit one of the 3 lit shots. The grace period is nice.

I actually have a harder time when the super skill shot is on the right side since I need to work on my live catches. Otherwise during the super skill shot I am hitting the right side on the fly which is dangerous because failed shots are rocketed to the left outlane.

If I can get my live catches down that will help.

Good game to practice that skill on.

#423 10 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I'd own a premium if it weren't for the square plate behind the hammer. It's not the hammer that ruins it but the plate. The round captive ball on the pro is so much more fun to shoot at.

#424 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

#4 high score default in new code.

image.jpg 60 KB

Thats a good one! Watch for the retort on WOZ ...

rd

#425 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

#4 high score default in new code.

image.jpg 60 KB

haha.

#426 10 years ago

With such a fun game, you will painlessly get your live catch skill locked in; it won't even feel like practice.

If the super skill shot on the left side is lit, I find that a loop pass maneuver works nicely to get the ball to the right flipper. ( I think that is the correct name). Then just hit one of the 3 lit shots. The grace period is nice.
I actually have a harder time when the super skill shot is on the right side since I need to work on my live catches. Otherwise during the super skill shot I am hitting the right side on the fly which is dangerous because failed shots are rocketed to the left outlane.
If I can get my live catches down that will help.
Good game to practice that skill on.

#427 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Settle down sassy pants. Ice & I give each other a lot of shit & I just couldn't pass up that golden oppertunity .
Also be aware I had a WOZ preorder & indeed frequented that forum.
Back on topic, MET had a code update with more to come. Cool.

Fair enough. I personally do not care much for that forum, I do love my game though.

I might pick up a MET some day.

Ok, Fancy pants?

#428 10 years ago

Anybody post a LE or Premium 1.5 video? All I can find is Pro videos... I'd love to see the new Premium/LE lighting.

#429 10 years ago

So thanks to the strategies you guys gave me last night I am finding this update to be a lot better now. The crank it up stuff is really good and pretty easy to get into if you light a few inserts then start a multiball. I like the option to cash in or continue. Is the continue at a higher scoring rate or anything? I cashed in each time.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#430 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

So thanks to the strategies you guys gave me last night I am finding this update to be a lot better now. The crank it up stuff is really good and pretty easy to get into if you light a few inserts then start a multiball. I like the option to cash in or continue. Is the continue at a higher scoring rate or anything? I cashed in each time.

I'm wondering if there's any advantage to "continue" vs. not hitting the scoop in the first place. I'm guessing not...but the option is there in case you hit it 'by accident' and don't want to cash out yet.

I finally had a long CIU on "Fade to Black" ....it's so cool how it literally fades to black as you play....well, to blue, really. Still - it's almost like playing in the dark with a blacklight, which makes it tough and temps you to cash in so you can get your lights back lol

#431 10 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Don't agree. I bought MET Pro because it plays better and is less buggy (and yes, I could afford the Premium). I think the hammer blocks the PF, looks goofy, and doesn't work well…my 2$. From my perspective, the light show is the only compelling feature of the Premium (not enough for me to upgrade given the other downsides).

#432 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I'd own a premium if it weren't for the square plate behind the hammer. It's not the hammer that ruins it but the plate. The round captive ball on the pro is so much more fun to shoot at.

Amen…one of the big reasons I prefer the Pro.

#433 10 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Don't agree. I bought MET Pro because it plays better and is less buggy (and yes, I could afford the Premium). I think the hammer blocks the PF, looks goofy, and doesn't work well…my 2$. From my perspective, the light show is the only compelling feature of the Premium (not enough for me to upgrade given the other downsides).

I am in the same boat. I'm going to a friends to update his LE tonight and will give it a few plays to test and see if I change my mind. It's that square plate behind the hammer that ruins it.

#434 10 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Amen…one of the big reasons I prefer the Pro.

Quoted from markmon:

I am in the same boat. I'm going to a friends to update his LE tonight and will give it a few plays to test and see if I change my mind. It's that square plate behind the hammer that ruins it.

Sorry one of the great things about the premium is the spinners & the new SFX for the hammer coming down kicks ass. Pro is a nice option but in no way better then the Premium/LE.

#435 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Sorry one of the great things about the premium is the spinners & the new SFX for the hammer coming down kick ass. Pro is a nice option but in no way better then the Premium/LE.

Hammer is awesome when it works

Oddly the thing I like the most about the premium is the snake, the moving jaw really changes gameplay.

#436 10 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

from my point of view i would hate to drop 3800$ and not have the complete package, . the le model is for suckers so that leaves me with premiums as the viable option.

i would buy pro's if i was an operator but only then.

#437 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm wondering if there's any advantage to "continue" vs. not hitting the scoop in the first place. I'm guessing not...but the option is there in case you hit it 'by accident' and don't want to cash out yet.
I finally had a long CIU on "Fade to Black" ....it's so cool how it literally fades to black as you play....well, to blue, really. Still - it's almost like playing in the dark with a blacklight, which makes it tough and temps you to cash in so you can get your lights back lol

A 15-25 million completion bonus for not cashing out early

#438 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Sorry one of the great things about the premium is the spinners & the new SFX for the hammer coming down kicks ass. Pro is a nice option but in no way better then the Premium/LE.

Well in one way the pro is better: the ball is way better to hit than the metal plate. I can accept someone claiming that the sum of the premium is better than the sum of the pro. But its crazy to say "in no way". That's wrong because there is this one way. I'm going to update my friends LE shortly and test it a bit. If the net experience is greater, I'll upgrade.

#439 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Well in one way the pro is better: the ball is way better to hit than the metal plate. I can accept someone claiming that the sum of the premium is better than the sun of the pro. But its crazy to say "in no way". That's wrong because there is this one way.

so you prefer hitting balls to plates? crazy

#440 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Well in one way the pro is better: the ball is way better to hit than the metal plate. I can accept someone claiming that the sum of the premium is better than the sum of the pro. But its crazy to say "in no way". That's wrong because there is this one way. I'm going to update my friends LE shortly and test it a bit. If the net experience is greater, I'll upgrade.

So the captive ball is a plus (which I have no issues with the cube) then on the premium you have color changers, Spinners, Hammer lock, Moving Snake Jaw.

Sorry too many pluses on the Premium for me to be just concerned about a captive cube.

#441 10 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I think the hammer blocks the PF,

I know, it's tragic...I wish I could see my playfield! It's blocked! It's amazing I've been making all my shots and starting modes and stuff when I can't see the playfield!!!!

Quoted from vex:

the le model is for suckers

...and I'm such a sucker!!!

Quoted from markmon:

Well in one way the pro is better: the ball is way better to hit than the metal plate.

It's a thing hitting a thing...same thing, really...and I know you say the ball does more combo-y stuff off the ball....*shrug*...same thing happens off the cube. Plenty of times I've hit the cube and it's gone right into the Snake....or on the other side and up into Sparky. Now with the Sparky magnet, other fun stuff is happening - I've had Sparky's magnet whip the ball over to the Hammer magnet for a capture & lock.

#442 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I wonder if you could replace the cube on the premium with the ball?

#443 10 years ago

There was obviously a reason they swapped the cube in instead. Otherwise why have two designs?

#444 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I've got working spinners on my Pro. They trigger SFX when they spin too.

I personally don't think the Pro is "better" than the Premium/LE, but the cost differential wasn't worth it for me. Each version has its pros and cons (no pun intended). Other than the lighting on the Premium/LE, I could care less about all the other stuff.

#445 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

There was obviously a reason they swapped the cube in instead. Otherwise why have two designs?

With the flat surface of the cube, I would think it would be to allow the ball to come back to the hammer magnet easier. On the pro, the captive ball presents a rounded face and the ball can ricochet (sp?) away from where the hammer magnet would be...
This is my guess...

#446 10 years ago
Quoted from Hudson:

With the flat surface of the cube, I would think it would be to allow the ball to come back to the hammer magnet easier. On the pro, the captive ball presents a rounded face and the ball can ricochet (sp?) away from where the hammer magnet would be...
This is my guess...

Yes, exactly...but it only works haphazardly anyways so why not swap it for a ball?

#447 10 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Yes, exactly...but it only works haphazardly anyways so why not swap it for a ball?

That's what I was thinking....

Who here knows how to work with metal? I'm waiting for someone to make a "thinner" captive block that has more space between the impact point & the magnet...even just 1/4 of the cube 'shaved off' ...I bet this will solve all problems. Maybe Mantis could re-engineer something?

#448 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Sorry one of the great things about the premium is the spinners...

I'm not saying the pro is better, but with the spinners, you can't short plunge to the flippers without starting the ball saver. That's a huge cheat on the pro.

#449 10 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Hammer is awesome when it works
Oddly the thing I like the most about the premium is the snake, the moving jaw really changes gameplay.

Exactly. The snake is so much better,that alone would sell me on a premium. The premium is how the designer intended it to be on all models. It's like buying a new car without power steering,cruse control,& all the things that make it"better" People can talk all they want but I'm not buying the cheap model if a better one is out there & then say the cheap one is better. Just play your pros & imagine if it had what all that was intended for it. Sorry but i had to say it. Sad but true.

#450 10 years ago

I have gone back to 15 for CIU item requirements.

Completing hurry ups is the key to starting CIU.

Can someone explain to me how you 'finish' a CIU mode?

I have collected huge jackpots by getting two of each item and hitting the scoop. That's not really 'finishing' the mode, is it?

Also when I did choose to collect the dmd said something about hitting the shots which were then all yellow. What does that do?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

7,600 (OBO)
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 809 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-code-15-is-up/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.