(Topic ID: 83153)

Metallica CODE UPDATE is here!!! 1.5 is UP!!!

By Rarehero

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 809 posts
  • 201 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 25 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

picks.jpg
20140313_224619.jpg
eotl.jpg
hahahaohwow.jpg
foam1.jpg
image.jpg
MET score.JPG
1980788_10152007345416939_1204062861_n[1].jpg
Twoweeks.jpg
lumbergh.jpg
04aa70639a2711e0910f12313b10052d_small.jpg
image.jpg
surprised.gif
image-37.jpg
image-327.jpg
image-650.jpg

There are 809 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 17.
#301 5 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

has anybody messed with the slingshot settings yet? did it fix the problems some were having?

I changed mine to 20 and noticed less slings to the outlanes. That's the only problem I have had.

#302 5 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

has anybody messed with the slingshot settings yet? did it fix the problems some were having?

I was real happy that they put in the adjustment, but they must have lowered the default setting or something, as I've had no air balls in around 20 games. I got sling air balls every game before the update.

Quoted from Gorgar1:

Getting to "crank it up" isn't hard especially during multiball it's actually easy finishing it is more difficult.

You also get help towards Crank it Up from the Mystery Hole now. I got 5 coffin hits as an award. I got 1 snake shot as an award.

Good stuff.

#303 5 years ago

lol...my first ball into the mystery hole after update awarded me...wait for it...................................................500k!

#304 5 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

lol...my first ball into the mystery hole after update awarded me...wait for it...................................................500k!

But now it tells you. Boom!!

#305 5 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

i feel like breakdancing!

04aa70639a2711e0910f12313b10052d_small.jpg

#306 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

This is Pinside, not the WOZ owner forum.

What's the difference again? All I see is bitching over there....Can't figure this one out Lovefest, bitchfest?

Pinside Lovefest? I'm confused as usual....

#307 5 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Can anyone expand on this strategy? How do you light inserts and which inserts do you mean to light?

I am somewhat familiar with the rules, and think I can answer this.

This is done by using the flashing spider.

Let's say you hit the left orbit. That shot's spider insert will light (indicating that you are about to light one of this shot's inserts, if you play your cards right).

Now, if you hit a cross drop target, the cross insert in front of the left orbit will light. If instead, you hit the snake, the snake insert in front of the left orbit will light. Using this method, you can start lighting up the inserts.

If you can complete all of these inserts (light them all on the left orbit, and all on the right orbit, etc, etc) then you get to the seek and destroy mode.

But, while you are trying to get there, Mr Sk8tball is saying that these shots (with lit inserts) will add to the requirments to the Crank it Up mode.

I hope I got that right, but I haven't actually gotten to play the new update yet.... so maybe I am way off

#308 5 years ago
Quoted from micro:

Let's say you hit the left orbit. That shot's spider insert will light (indicating that you are about to light one of this shot's inserts, if you play your cards right).
Now, if you hit a cross drop target, the cross insert in front of the left orbit will light. If instead, you hit the snake, the snake insert in front of the left orbit will light. Using this method, you can start lighting up the inserts.
If you can complete all of these inserts (light them all on the left orbit, and all on the right orbit, etc, etc) then you get to the seek and destroy mode.
But, while you are trying to get there, Mr Sk8tball is saying that these shots (with lit inserts) will add to the requirments to the Crank it Up mode.
I hope I got that right, but I haven't actually gotten to play the new update yet.... so maybe I am way off

Yep, video tomorrow

#309 5 years ago
Quoted from micro:

Let's not start throwing that "Mr." title around too loosely now!!!

#310 5 years ago

Is that not the correct way to address Pangean royalty?

#311 5 years ago

Soooooo..... Um Yeah ...... any news on that Met 1.6 update?
lumbergh.jpg

#312 5 years ago

no one else?....Hammer issues still?...

#313 5 years ago

Guys where are the New songs?

The Super Skill shot is the best. Every shot is lit for something different.

Color changing Inserts on the LE are awesome now. The select spider is blue. Combos Red. Others yellow. Very easy to know were to shoot.

Grave is actually my first goto MB. 10 shots on Sparky is just too dangerous with the magnet now. Grave also has a Add a ball! Hit all the Pic targets opens the snake. Shoot it in his mouth.

Combos are better. The post stays down with a combo, and the ball flys around the orbit again and again.

Lyman it was worth the wait.

#314 5 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

What I said was I was disappointed in the update and am not finding there to be strategy typical with Lyman rulesets.

You shouldn't want typical. AC/DC wasn't typical and look how that turned out.

Quoted from markmon:

Can anyone expand on this strategy? How do you light inserts and which inserts do you mean to light?

The same way you light them for S&D. If that didn't click when you read it, you probably shouldn't be disappointed with the update. That's old software stuff. MET may turn out to be Lyman's most strategic game ever. Hell, it may already deserve that title. If you're not seeing it, either give it more time or play with better players.

#315 5 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

ZERO. It's deliberate now. Coffin is a crazy 4 ball MB. Not easy to achieve but worth it.

Distributor sent me a new magnet board. You should call for one.

I wish to thank the The Lyman, Borg and the Metallica team for a great pinball machine.

#316 5 years ago

Played for a couple hours tonight with head phones. WOW! I'm in love all over again!

#317 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

This is Pinside, not the WOZ owner forum.

This comment is proof you have never read that forum. This is still a MET code update thread... right?

I am looking forward to playing the new MET code, congrats to all the owners and pinball players.

#318 5 years ago
Quoted from micro:

Yep, exactly how this works. Shoot the item in question over and over, or a shot that is lit with that shot's insert lit solidly. (ie - nail the snake 15 times, or shoot any shot with the snake insert lit 15 times or any combination thereof)

(this info is regarding the crank it up qualifying)

#319 5 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

Am I the only one who is still having issues with the hammer? It seems like the magnet still has a very tuff time catching the ball when the lock is lit. I can't seem to get it to lock with a direct hit from the left flipper. instead, I have to get the ball to slowly go over the magnet with an indirect shot from the left flipper or from the right flipper after bouncing it off the snake.

My hammer took a turn for the worse with 1.5. It's doing the same thing you are complaining about, plus phantom swings. It was doing good with the previous code, so I don't know what the heck happened. And I'm using a replacement board sent directly from Stern.

#320 5 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

You should call for one.

I tried, multiple times. I've been blown off every time and been asked for more and more info each time, pics, video, etc. Finally they said "it will be addressed in the next update". Clearly, not the case..

#321 5 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Yep, video tomorrow

Uh oh, KME gon' blow it up!

#322 5 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I think there's so much potential strategy in this update that my head hurts trying to comprehend it all lol...I really think this will be a dream tournament game & the pros will be trying to crack it for quite some time. At the same time, you can totally not care about that stuff and just have a ton of fun with the killer gameplay, fun modes and multiballs, great music and light shows. THAT'S a true Lyman game, Mark! Fun for the dummies, depth for the tourney pros!

#323 5 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Guys where are the New songs?

TWO WEEKS!

Twoweeks.jpg
#324 5 years ago

Love the update. Didn't read the release notes intentionally to try and experience it all myself. Most things clicked in my mind after about 3-4 hours of play. The lighting and insert use on the Prem has stepped up into awesome territory, and the hammer sequence is bang on. Still doesn't catch any better but with the rest of the game shaping up nicely, this is becoming a smaller issue that will still hopefully improve but isn't a deal breaker.

Cashing in a crank it up jackpot with 2x running is great satisfaction. I'm not sure how the post-CIU works yet and I have gotten excited and drained too many times now.

Question for the good guys... I brought seek and destroy into crank it up and it SEEMED like the seek and destroy shots were helping build the jackpot as well. Any truth to this, or just an illusion? I'm not 100% sure how the CIU jackpot builds yet but I'm curious if bringing fuel, justice, or seek into CIU is a bigger benefit than I would initially have thought?

#325 5 years ago

Played this today at the show... Wow! What a major improvement!!!!

#326 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Well think about it. A few more songs would probably help with the band modes, they probably count on them existing so as to not reuse other modes' songs. We already know that they're coming in a few weeks, Stern announced it today:

"integrates these songs" - I'd feel confident Lyman doesn't need a few weeks to add them to the jukebox. So I think it's reasonable to think there's more coming in a few weeks, and they just didn't want to make people keep waiting. Originally they implied the songs would be in by today remember? That didn't work out, so they dropped a major code update to tide people over.
I think we need to give Stern credit here. We bitched, and they listened. There has been more communication lately. X-Men, the game that people thought would rot got not just one update, but several bug fixes to afterwards. Metallica drops, it's not done, but Stern gives us a timeline for when to expect more.
We can be mad about the past, or we can recognize the improvements. I'm personally hoping to see some Star Trek love soon.

I agree. The sins of the past were terrible. No communication, long delays, etc. but to me they seem to have made really good improvements in these areas. Completed xmen as somewhat of a surprise, a huge met update, seems to have addresses hammer issues, sling adjustment setting to maybe help with sling of death issues. Much better communication and posting "ballpark" release dates.

To me they seem to be getting their shiznit together.

#327 5 years ago

DCFAN said: (Quote) He also said there would be an Avengers update.

Quoted from Rarehero:

I stand by that.

Gee I hope your right Rarehero, As Stern posted on Facebook that there was no Avengers code coming in the future.

P.s Happy for your MET update guys.

#328 5 years ago

Is the light show any better????? I was disappointed in the original GI light show as I felt it was way inferior to ACDC and obviously to Star Trek.

#329 5 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

Yup I posted on page three about how I was pissed at the crapness of my hammer which was 7/10 on 1.22 but is now something like 3/10 at best. Sadly it makes the game unenjoyable

#330 5 years ago

Those hammer issues are strange. Mine worked perfectly with 1.22 and the new board, still works perfectly with 1.5. And the new, louder hammer sound is awesome, especially with an improved boomer!

#331 5 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Is the light show any better????? I was disappointed in the original GI light show as I felt it was way inferior to ACDC and obviously to Star Trek.

Yes for sure, get your sunglasses.
New colors in the inserts, yellow during super skill shot attempts, blues, did we see another new color?

Got only a few games in but was playing a new game for sure.
Hammer sequence way better - various skill shits now. It seemed like more shaker action or is that

Love it but we still suck

#332 5 years ago
Quoted from micro:

Thank you for your answer. This is very helpful. Using this strategy, I did get Crank it up after my first multiball.

#333 5 years ago

I noticed the arrow inserts will blink blue for the last shot you hit. What is the purpose of that?

#334 5 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

ZERO. It's deliberate now. Coffin is a crazy 4 ball MB. Not easy to achieve but worth it.
Distributor sent me a new magnet board. You should call for one.
I wish to thank the The Lyman, Borg and the Metallica team for a great pinball machine.

It intentionally doesn't catch it??

I think it clearly cannot detect a fast moving ball if I test with glass off catches 100% of time, direct shot from flipper .0001% of time. I would be interested in people's strategy for getting the ball to lock sucks wasting several shots to captive ball for a lock! That my only real issue with the game , such a great lock but just doesn't work well

#335 5 years ago

Band Member modes ??

Why is everyone so sure those will be coming , maybe there will be none. What the exact reward for getting band members now. I hope they do should be something simple like lite a band member but hitting the picks then make his mode a hurry up or certain number of shots to collect and stay lit. Collect all band members and get all supers to start end of line !

How does one start end of line now?

#336 5 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

Band Member modes ??
Why is everyone so sure those will be coming , maybe there will be none. What the exact reward for getting band members now. I hope they do should be something simple like lite a band member but hitting the picks then make his mode a hurry up or certain number of shots to collect and stay lit. Collect all band members and get all supers to start end of line !
How does one start end of line now?

4 lit band members on the playfield by the flippers. I don't think those will be meaningless.

#337 5 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Yes it does. You do have to power cycle the game for some reason to get the change to take effect. I think mine are at 20 right now; but I'm still messing around with the setting to get the right feel.

#338 5 years ago
Quoted from Xscrapiron:

Sparky meter progress animations had me cracking up.Glad I made the trade for my pro last month

Color DMD please.

#339 5 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Yes it does. You do have to power cycle the game for some reason to get the change to take effect. I think mine are at 20 right now; but I'm still messing around with the setting to get the right feel.

+1

Exact same settings and results. Mine used to smash my mirror blades regularly to where they got pretty badly dimpled...haven't had one airball since adjusting.

My hammer on the other hand is experiencing a lot of the same problems listed here unfortunately.

#340 5 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Interesting. Mine ended up at 20 as well, and you're the 3rd person I've seen to post their setting. All have been 20.

#341 5 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Sue us for being excited about a huge code update thats been 6 months in the works.

Please don't get me wrong, I get the excitement and am sincerely happy for MET owners. What I commented on was someone not just saying "best game ever because code dropped" but digging through it and expressing an honest opinion. If you re-read my post, I even questioned markmon because the code drop looks like tons were added. As a non-owner who is slightly contemplating, markmon comments help.

Enjoy the game. So happy Stern delivered for you guys.

#342 5 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

That's funny. Mine did too, and I admittedly did LOL.

#343 5 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Anyway, if another update really is just around the corner then I am ok with things and will wait it out. I expected something game changing though like when Lyman introduced VIP pass. I don't feel we got anything like that.

Seriously?

Quoted from markmon:

How do you light inserts and which inserts do you mean to light?

Oh, makes sense now...

#344 5 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

Same here.. I just starred at it and said " no Fu$&%&G way!

#345 5 years ago

Regarding the hammer/magnet does anyone know if everything should be left on default? In a prior readme release there was a recommendation to switch a setting but perhaps that was only if there was an old board?

I don't see the recommendation in the new release notes.

I am seeing more phantom hits now than in the previous code version and I have the new board. So I am wondering do I need to switch something in the feature adjustments like was suggested before.

#346 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Regarding the hammer/magnet does anyone know if everything should be left on default? In a prior readme release there was a recommendation to switch a setting but perhaps that was only if there was an old board?
I am seeing more phantom hits now than in the previous code version and I have the new board. So I am wondering do I need to switch something in the feature adjustments like was suggested before.

Per the version 1.2 read me:

- Added adjustments and code to work around certain magnet boards that
have trouble detecting the presence of the ball while the ball is being
held (magnet being duty-cycled). Set game adj. #73 (ABORT HAMMER/LOCK
SW. ACTIVITY) to NO (default is YES) to restore the behavior as it was
in V1.16.

I haven't tried this yet but I plan to today. I had about three phantom hammer drops while playing last night and it wasn't that bad before the update. All in all though, the new code is truly amazing. The lighting effects are spectacular, the added speech and dmd animations are great, and there is just so much to shoot for now. I love Crank it Up mode. Didn't make it to End of the Line yet, but in my second game I put up 214m. I'm not sure why but the game seems easier now. I was nailing the snake's mouth a lot more and the new modes make it easier to rack up points. Lot of depth now. Good stuff.

#347 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

The setting does not seem to exist in the new code, but you only needed to turn it off if you didn't have the new board . I assume they think everyone has a new board now?

I got one phantom hit , otherwise it's pretty much same as before . Testing with glass off it's pretty damn good at grabbing it, but I guess I can't fling it as fast as a flipper

All in all magnet could still stand to be a lot better.

#348 5 years ago
Quoted from Bearded_Warrior:

Per the version 1.2 read me:
- Added adjustments and code to work around certain magnet boards that
have trouble detecting the presence of the ball while the ball is being
held (magnet being duty-cycled). Set game adj. #73 (ABORT HAMMER/LOCK
SW. ACTIVITY) to NO (default is YES) to restore the behavior as it was
in V1.16.
I haven't tried this yet but I plan to today. I had about three phantom hammer drops while playing last night and it wasn't that bad before the update. All in all though, the new code is truly amazing. The lighting effects are spectacular, the added speech and dmd animations are great, and there is just so much to shoot for now. I love Crank it Up mode. Didn't make it to End of the Line yet, but in my second game I put up 214m. I'm not sure why but the game seems easier now. I was nailing the snake's mouth a lot more and the new modes make it easier to rack up points. Lot of depth now. Good stuff.

That is the section I was referring to. But it was not clear to me if that only applied back then but is not applicable now. There are some other adjustments related to the magnet and I am not sure what the correct combinations are if one is altered without the others.

And yes I am digging the new code even with the hiccups.

#349 5 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

The setting does not seem to exist in the new code, but you only needed to turn it off if you didn't have the new board . I assume they think everyone has a new board now?
I got one phantom hit , otherwise it's pretty much same as before . Testing with glass off it's pretty damn good at grabbing it, but I guess I can't fling it as fast as a flipper
All in all magnet could still stand to be a lot better.

The less intentional the shot, the easier it is for the magnet to grab the ball. Sometimes the ball grazes the area, the magnet does not grab and then after the ball is past the area the magnet and hammer drop.

#350 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Interesting. Mine ended up at 20 as well, and you're the 3rd person I've seen to post their setting. All have been 20.

Funny, I put mine down to 20 as well, but since then I have gradually increased it up to 52 since I felt they weren't fast enough. Good thing is, I have had no air balls since new code, even at 52 (highest setting is 62).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, WI
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
There are 809 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 17.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside