(Topic ID: 83153)

Metallica CODE UPDATE is here!!! 1.5 is UP!!!

By Rarehero

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 809 posts
  • 201 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 25 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

picks.jpg
20140313_224619.jpg
eotl.jpg
hahahaohwow.jpg
foam1.jpg
image.jpg
MET score.JPG
1980788_10152007345416939_1204062861_n[1].jpg
Twoweeks.jpg
lumbergh.jpg
04aa70639a2711e0910f12313b10052d_small.jpg
image.jpg
surprised.gif
image-37.jpg
image-327.jpg
image-650.jpg

There are 809 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 17.
#251 5 years ago

awesome update. Seems to be so much more going on I can't keep up with it. Love my pro but now may need to upgrade as I don't ever want this game to leave!

And crank it up is crazy, and kicked my butt twice! I'm done for the night!

#252 5 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Ok, this game is effing awesome now. Started Crank It Up and played Battery. Hit the scoop and chose CONTINUE. Drained .0012 seconds later.
But I have no clue how I started Crank It Up. Someone explain this to me like I am a 6 year old.

Hit each of the main shots (Coffin, Cross, Snake, Sparky) 15 times to light each insert and then Crank It Up will be ready. Easy enough (to explain) for a 6 year old.

#253 5 years ago

Frickin awesome. Posting way better scores since update. Long way but wow. Just amazing.

#254 5 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Ok, this game is effing awesome now. Started Crank It Up and played Battery. Hit the scoop and chose CONTINUE. Drained .0012 seconds later.
But I have no clue how I started Crank It Up. Someone explain this to me like I am a 6 year old.

OMG same thing happened to me, scoop shot it into the sling(which never happens) it hit the other sling and was slung straight to the outlane?? WTF

To start it seems like this
15 hits to grave, sparky, snake, coffin inserts will go solid.

it seems that if you start a multi ball you can get it by getting the jackpot. I started grave and hit the grave marker and got that lit.

#255 5 years ago

I just finished my new game room yesterday.......man now finaly have that code update on Met. Life is good. I know what i'm doing all week end.

#256 5 years ago

Does anyone know what the coffin lock detect captive ball hit where you can select 2000 - 5000 ms?? This was in there before too, doesn't seem to help

What they need is a option where if the ball does not lock all hits count towards the next lock.

#257 5 years ago

Crank It up modes are pretty cool, but I think a ball saver should be added since they are kinda hard to start and seems like a drain is right around the corner after you start them. I need to play some of them a bit more since I wasn't really sure what the heck I was supposed to be doing on a few of them. Might lower the hits to light C.I.U. to get a better understanding of the modes for a bit.

#258 5 years ago

I think I'll keep my METLE on the old codeā€¦...

Seriously, I can't wait to do the update! Unfortunately, I have to work until Sunday!! Someone post an LE/PREM vid so I can see what I am missing!!!!

#259 5 years ago

Wow! The game is totally kicking my butt. Awesome update. Keep them coming...

#260 5 years ago

Wow the new modes, amazing. I knew this and Acdc would be the ones and they are!!!!

#261 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Ok, this update is incredible!
Has anyone seen what happens in the crank it up modes?
There is now a huge risk/reward strategy to this game, very similar to that in AC/DC! When you are in one of the Crank it Up modes and you hit the shots and hit the ball back into the scoop when lit, you get the choice:
"<----Collect <bonus amount> or-----> Continue
Hitting continue allows you to try and build up the bonus even more, with the risk that if you drain you missed out on the jackpot that you could have collected.
This adds an entirely new dimension to the game, with way more risk/reward and resulting adrenaline!
Thank you Lyman!!!

Got to Crank It Up on my second game. First ball, 176M (+extra ball), finished my next 3 balls poorly ending with 194M. Not really sure how I started CIU, but it was silly fun. Love, love, loving this update. Amazing how much code affects your experience isn't it?

#262 5 years ago

15 hits to sparky lights the electric chair insert. 15 hits to the captive ball lights the coffin insert. 15 hits to the drop targets lights the grave market insert. 15 lit snake insert shots lights the snake insert. Then when all 4 are lit crank it up is lit at scoop. You have to complete the first round of shots in a crank it up mode before the scoop is lit for jackpot where you can cash it in or go on to round two to build it up more.

#263 5 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

Got to Crank It Up on my second game. First ball, 176M (+extra ball), finished my next 3 balls poorly ending with 194M. Not really sure how I started CIU, but it was silly fun. Love, love, loving this update. Amazing how much code affects your experience isn't it?

Indeed. The Crank it Up modes are a real game changer. Literally.

#264 5 years ago

So since everybody is blowing each other on here I guess it's time to bring Metallica home!

As good as Ac/dc? Yes or no.

#265 5 years ago

60 shots to get a crank it up mode?
Sounds like a lot of work!

#266 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So since everybody is blowing each other on here I guess it's time to bring Metallica home!

Probably still a notch below it, but the addition of the Crank it Up modes has closed the gap considerably. If you like Metallica's music, it's a no-brainer in my opinion.

Now that the magnets throw the ball at you, it's a bit harder than it was and the ball times are a bit shorter, but it's still probably not quite as brutal as AC/DC can be.

Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

It's not.

#267 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So since everybody is blowing each other on here

This is Pinside, not the WOZ owner forum.

#268 5 years ago

You r funny Curly

Ok Rob, a notch below greatness is good enough for me. I'm in!

#269 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This game is now way better then ACDC

#270 5 years ago

Personally, I'm disappointed with this update. Yes, it's better than it was. But it does not feel like a new game or anything that major. The crank it up modes are great but you may not even see them every game. The band member modes are still unimplemented. The game still doesn't have any of the strategy typical in Lyman coded games. I know the changelog list is long. But the game does not feel al that different to me. It's still not blasting through the multiballs. I think acdc is way better code wise.

#271 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ok Rob, a notch below greatness is good enough for me. I'm in!

Yeah but's it's still Metallica. Can't do it. Glad to see Stern delivered for you guys.

#272 5 years ago

Hey I've got a Refinery Pro with mirror blades, shaker. extra double spot added, sling and out lane protectors and speaker lights I'd let go for 9k. Flawless condition too.

#273 5 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Personally, I'm very disappointed with this update. Yes, it's better than it was. But it does not feel like a new game or anything that major.

I respect this post. One pinsider did not automatically fall on his knees and blow another with a code update.

Really that disappointed? Seems like a lot more is going on.

#274 5 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

The band member modes are still unimplemented.

Pretty sure there's enough new code here to help people wait the couple weeks for that.

#275 5 years ago

Still a few update to come but it's already as fun as ACDC...Love them both,Mr Lyman is on Fire!!!

MetallicA is Maybe a bit better to me i like mode more then going for points.

My 2 cents

#276 5 years ago

New code is awesome in my books. I almost finished Fade to Black Crank It Up mode but missed the Mystery Hole to collect the jackpot. I actually almost finished the song as well which would have ended the mode to. I can't wait to play through the other CIP modes. Fantastic addition to the game.

One thing I'm noticing is before when you completed all the necessary shots to complete a mode and light the main lights at the bottom so you knew you where progressing through to the End of Line I could easily tell which modes I still needed. Now since when you hit 15 of say the Electric Chair the light down at the bottom goes solid it confuses me on if I completed the entire mode for End of Line or just the 15 I need for Crank It Up. Maybe I'm just missing something but seems hard to keep track of with so much going on.

#277 5 years ago

For the life of me I don't understand why games are released not finished.

#278 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Pretty sure there's enough new code here to help people wait the couple weeks for that.

If its really only a couple more weeks then sure. What evidence is there that it won't be a few more months? The game is pretty fun. And the crank it up modes did make it so you're not just repeating the same old thing. But am I the only one that doesn't see any real strategy in this game? If I am, can some of you point it out to me? The way I see it is you basically start a mb or two, do your best and repeat.

Other Lyman games have lots of strategy that I feel is lacking here. For example, MM has huge strategy in getting the madness modes started without starting the first one too early. Or in using mb to safely destroy castles. Acdc has massive scoring strategies on when to take jackpots, using mb to progress on to encore etc. Spiderman has great stacking and strategies as to getting the white spider modes started before a mutiball starts. I don't feel Metallica really has any of this.

And all the new code really is stuff that happens later in the game. It's not unreasonable to expect to play a couple games and never notice any of the significant new features.

Quoted from badbilly27:

I respect this post. One pinsider did not automatically fall on his knees and blow another with a code update.

I guess "very disappointed" is a bit strong. How about "somewhat disappointed".

Anyway, if another update really is just around the corner then I am ok with things and will wait it out. I expected something game changing though like when Lyman introduced VIP pass. I don't feel we got anything like that.

#279 5 years ago

Is it just me or Pinball browser c'ant open the new code?
Says Unknown firmware

#280 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Sue us for being excited about a huge code update thats been 6 months in the works.

#281 5 years ago

The only shot you physically have to hit 15 times is the captive ball. If you have a snake, cross, or sparky insert lit on ANY of the ramps/ loops/ cross that you shoot it too counts towards the 15 needed.

#282 5 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Sue us for being excited about a huge code update thats been 6 months in the works.

And still is in the work

#283 5 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Personally, I'm very disappointed with this update. Yes, it's better than it was. But it does not feel like a new game or anything that major. The crank it up modes are great but you may not even see them every game. The band member modes are still unimplemented. The game still doesn't have any of the strategy typical in Lyman coded games. I know the changelog list is long. But the game does not feel al that different to me. It's still not blasting through the multiballs. I think acdc is way better code wise.

You'd feel different if you had a Prem/LE. The color changing insert and GI FX, new Hammer and Cross stuff definitely make it feel brand new.

#284 5 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Personally, I'm very disappointed with this update. Yes, it's better than it was. But it does not feel like a new game or anything that major. The crank it up modes are great but you may not even see them every game. The band member modes are still unimplemented. The game still doesn't have any of the strategy typical in Lyman coded games. I know the changelog list is long. But the game does not feel al that different to me. It's still not blasting through the multiballs. I think acdc is way better code wise.

You're joking right? I only got to play a prem for an hour or so but I was able to get lady justice, fuel, and a crank it up mode. Everything stacks with everything and in a smooth transition type way. There is plenty room on the board now for strategies and elements. Yea, the band member modes aren't in...which means Lyman isn't rushing out just 'any' type of code and more awesomeness is yet to come to this game.

#285 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You'd feel different if you had a Prem/LE. The color changing insert and GI FX, new Hammer and Cross stuff definitely make it feel brand new.

That's pretty cool then. I'll go update my friends LE and see how things look there. I'm glad some of those features are panning out for LE owners. I hope the next drop adds the dimension of rules strategy that Lyman usually provides in his games. Then I'll be happy.

#286 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Is there any feeling of monotony getting to Crank it Up?

#287 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You're joking right? I only got to play a prem for an hour or so but I was able to get lady justice, fuel, and a crank it up mode. Everything stacks with everything and in a smooth transition type way. There is plenty room on the board now for strategies and elements. Yea, the band member modes aren't in...which means Lyman isn't rushing out just 'any' type of code and more awesomeness is yet to come to this game.

I believe lady justice and fuel already existed though. So you got crank it up which is really cool no doubt. But the crank it up modes are somewhat difficult to get to and I doubt you see crank it up every game. That means the changes are at least somewhat subtle in that you may have a few games where you notice nothing different. Compare this to the big acdc drop last year when you skill shot VIP pass and have some super awesome strategic ways to use it like having your mb restart as you drain your last ball.

I'm not saying I know everything about the new rules. You're pretty good with rules. What types of strategy do you see here?

#288 5 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Is there any feeling of monotony getting to Crank it Up?

Nope. It kinda takes care of itself, esp during a multiball.

#289 5 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

But the crank it up modes are somewhat difficult to get to and I doubt you see crank it up every game.

Try lighting as many inserts as you can before starting any multiball. This is a quick path to CIU since almost every shot you hit in multiball will count towards your CIU progress.

#290 5 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I'm not saying I know everything about the new rules.

Maybe it would be a good idea to play it for a few days to see what's all in the new code as far as stacking strategies & new modes before complaining that there isnt much to the update???

#291 5 years ago

Sparky meter progress animations had me cracking up.Glad I made the trade for my pro last month

#292 5 years ago

Getting to "crank it up" isn't hard especially during multiball it's actually easy but finishing it is more difficult.

#293 5 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

If its really only a couple more weeks then sure. What evidence is there that it won't be a few more months?

Well think about it. A few more songs would probably help with the band modes, they probably count on them existing so as to not reuse other modes' songs. We already know that they're coming in a few weeks, Stern announced it today:

We will start programming these songs into the game immediately and in a few weeks we will release another update that integrates these songs into the game.

"integrates these songs" - I'd feel confident Lyman doesn't need a few weeks to add them to the jukebox. So I think it's reasonable to think there's more coming in a few weeks, and they just didn't want to make people keep waiting. Originally they implied the songs would be in by today remember? That didn't work out, so they dropped a major code update to tide people over.

I think we need to give Stern credit here. We bitched, and they listened. There has been more communication lately. X-Men, the game that people thought would rot got not just one update, but several bug fixes to afterwards. Metallica drops, it's not done, but Stern gives us a timeline for when to expect more.

We can be mad about the past, or we can recognize the improvements. I'm personally hoping to see some Star Trek love soon.

#294 5 years ago

I am happy with the code. For me, the game plays alot more random with the use of the sparky magnet, the days of drop catch x10 are over, its not so safe of a shot anymore. The new animations and sounds, and magnets and modes implicated has improved this title greatly and the bonus part of it all is that its NOT done yet. My guess is were seeing the rough cut of finished product to stop the bitching and allow Lyman some time to finish the product like HE wanted it.

I for one am happy with what Lyman has created with the code.

FWIW.... I own a pro BY CHOICE. Ive only owned the game 4 months, and quite frankly, i was still getting my entertainment value out of it before the update. I really hope LE owners get the same satisfaction out of this update as i did.

X-Men code, Metallica code, 2 weeks apart.... Thank You Stern

#295 5 years ago

Am I the only one who is still having issues with the hammer? It seems like the magnet still has a very tuff time catching the ball when the lock is lit. I can't seem to get it to lock with a direct hit from the left flipper. instead, I have to get the ball to slowly go over the magnet with an indirect shot from the left flipper or from the right flipper after bouncing it off the snake. Also, I am STILL getting the ball caught on the magnet and then having the ball bang it against the bottom of the playfield when the game is searching for the ball. I've written stern about 5 times over the past two months asking for a new board. Finally they just gave up and said "it will be fixed on the next update, marketing will let you know when it is available"....shockingly still not fixed.

#296 5 years ago

has anybody messed with the slingshot settings yet? did it fix the problems some were having?

#297 5 years ago

Figures the code drops and I am out of town for 10 days lol. I am updating now, and will play a bit, but I have an early flight!

#298 5 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Maybe it would be a good idea to play it for a few days to see what's all in the new code as far as stacking strategies & new modes before complaining that there isnt much to the update???

I never said there wasn't much to the update. In fact, I even pointed out that the changelog was long. What I said was I was disappointed in the update and am not finding there to be strategy typical with Lyman rulesets. It shouldn't take "a few days" to feel like the game is a lot different or not. I was able to tell after plunging the ball that acdc was dramatically changed on its big update last year. Woz update is completely different. This one feels rather minor for 7 months of waiting. I'm not here complaining about it or bashing stern. I'm simply saying that while it is better than it was, it falls short of my expectations. However, I was not aware that another update is due out in a couple weeks. Based on that, I will reserve my judgement for that.

Quoted from sk8ball:

Try lighting as many inserts as you can before starting any multiball. This is a quick path to CIU since almost every shot you hit in multiball will count towards your CIU progress.

Can anyone expand on this strategy? How do you light inserts and which inserts do you mean to light?

#299 5 years ago

From the perspective of someone who did a code update for the first time, it is pretty cool to see a game you've been playing for a while now suddenly upgraded. It's a brand new game.

Crank It Up was cool and so were the animations with it. The mystery scoop is now worth shooting at for multiple reasons now.

Still undecided about the magnet tossing. That was something that steered me away from IM. But I'll get used to it.

Overall Lyman, awesome update. I knew patience was a virtue.

#300 5 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I never said there wasn't much to the update. In fact, I even pointed out that the changelog was long. What I said was I was disappointed in the update and am not finding there to be strategy typical with Lyman rulesets. It shouldn't take "a few days" to feel like the game is a lot different or not. I was able to tell after plunging the ball that acdc was dramatically changed on its big update last year. Woz update is completely different. This one feels rather minor for 7 months of waiting. I'm not here complaining about it or bashing stern. I'm simply saying that while it is better than it was, it falls short of my expectations. However, I was not aware that another update is due out in a couple weeks. Based on that, I will reserve my judgement for that.

Can anyone expand on this strategy? How do you light inserts and which inserts do you mean to light?

Im curious how many modes or levels of Crank it up have you been through? Have you collected the supers on the MB's? I love what he did on the grave marker MB where you have to knock the ball loose. Ive only been able to play a few games but the plan is to make a gameplay video with someone way better then me so I can sit back & see whats going on.

Maybe after you have had a chance to play your way through some of the new stuff you can give a more fair evaluation of the new code?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 809 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 17.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside