(Topic ID: 83153)

Metallica CODE UPDATE is here!!! 1.5 is UP!!!

By Rarehero

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 809 posts
  • 201 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

picks.jpg
20140313_224619.jpg
eotl.jpg
hahahaohwow.jpg
foam1.jpg
image.jpg
MET score.JPG
1980788_10152007345416939_1204062861_n[1].jpg
Twoweeks.jpg
lumbergh.jpg
04aa70639a2711e0910f12313b10052d_small.jpg
image.jpg
surprised.gif
image-37.jpg
image-327.jpg
image-650.jpg
There are 809 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 17.
#201 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Just imagine if this code was there 9 months ago like it should have been

Yep. At least I would have got to play a more finished game before I sent it packing. But I know where there is another. It's gone and no regrets. Tron LE has taken it's place. Not sure if that one's finished yet, but I am definitely going to find out!

#202 10 years ago
Quoted from Duff:

Funny noone has mentioned the mystery. When Is the last time you saw that many things in the mystery. It's like Lyman said " I got you f@k$ ing mystery right here. End of story. That's was good for a laugh.

I think Hitler got to him.....

#203 10 years ago

The sparky magnet is cool now, the whole game just seems to have a quicker pace now although its probably just all the newer sound effects etc adding to the feeling.

I swear my machine is louder now, anyone noticed this? how do you turn the actual SFX down, not just the music or speech?

#204 10 years ago

Amazing,
thanks Lyman

#205 10 years ago

Wow Game is feeling so freakin strong! Love it!

Thanks Mr Lyman!

#206 10 years ago

#207 10 years ago

I've put a couple of hours onto it. Made a few adjustments in the menus, now I'm quite happy. Big improvement.

#208 10 years ago

Congrats MET owners!!

I was wrong. I heard the band felt that a code update was like Napster - sharing things for free - so they held it up with lawyers at Stern and were preparing a press conference to condemn online sharing of code updates.

I kid. Cool to see such a long update.

#209 10 years ago

So I just turned the music up more in the menu and it is HEAPS louder than I could get it to go before. I was actually quite unhappy with the lack of volume before but now its real loud and not even the whole way up! why is this? there has been no change here has there?

#210 10 years ago

Crank it up mode is EPIC lights dim choose a song woooo whoooo

#211 10 years ago

Wow...feels like I'm playing a Bally/Williams. I can't think of anything ground breaking to say that this will increase sales of this game because it will. What I do know is, it's the most fun I've ever had out of the 25+ pinballs I have owned in the past.

#212 10 years ago

Woo-Hoo. Just got off work and saw this thread.

Time to update. Hopefully; "All good things to those who wait(ed)."

#213 10 years ago

So are there "band member" modes in the new code?

#214 10 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

So are there "band member" modes in the new code?

No not yet, but there is another update in 2 weeks

#215 10 years ago
Quoted from Azatotht:

No not yet, but there is another update in 2 weeks

Well, to be fair, they stated "a few weeks".

#216 10 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Wow Game is feeling so freakin strong! Love it!
Thanks Mr Lyman!

Magnets are stronger and the game is bet more brutal. Sparky whips the ball back. Takes 10 hits for Sparky MB. Lyman finds the games easy shots ,that Tournament players take advatage of, and makes it more balanced.

Where are the two new songs?

#217 10 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Where are the two new songs?

Next update, some time around 3/17 was projected.

#218 10 years ago

great update. machine seems tougher to play for me, which i like.

#219 10 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Some game play of the v1.5 update, my 8 year old kicking my ass. Sorry about poor footage but it gives you an idea of some of the new animations, lighting effects and sounds. However enter the sandman is still a bit too low and "thunder" from the grave targets, but the update is AWESOME!!
» YouTube video

Taking the time to record & post video is epic.

#220 10 years ago

No Karl Urban custom speech??

Sounds like a great update. Good Friday comes early.

#221 10 years ago

Installed new code. Had worst 5 games oif my life. May not have even seen any of the updates! Walked away....lol

#222 10 years ago

My game seems tougher too, loving everything. Sick sick game. Crank it up is perfect, like he read my mind. Lol at all the mystery score levels! Looking forward to band modes and new songs. Been a long wait but I'm very happy.

#223 10 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

I think all of you who participated in the 3000+ post bitching thread probably owe Lyman an apology.

F no. You are nuts. GAME SHOULD HAVE HAD THIS TYPE OF CODE MONTHS AGO. WE LOST 3 months on hammer issues alone that should not happen.

Code is great, but not all is forgiven and I hope Stern spends more time testing before release. Still ticked STLE has a lot on it lights wise that just doesn't work.

On release anything on the play field should be in the game

#224 10 years ago

Ok, this update is incredible!

Has anyone seen what happens in the crank it up modes?

There is now a huge risk/reward strategy to this game, very similar to that in AC/DC! When you are in one of the Crank it Up modes and you hit the shots and hit the ball back into the scoop when lit, you get the choice:

"<----Collect <bonus amount> or-----> Continue

Hitting continue allows you to try and build up the bonus even more, with the risk that if you drain you missed out on the jackpot that you could have collected.

This adds an entirely new dimension to the game, with way more risk/reward and resulting adrenaline!

Thank you Lyman!!!

#225 10 years ago

Happy everyone finally got their code. Know it was a long wait, but seems well worth it.

#226 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Ok, this update is incredible!
Has anyone seen what happens in the crank it up modes?

Waaah I've been at work all day! lol

#227 10 years ago

How do you start a crank it up mode guys ?

#228 10 years ago

start each of the 4 multiballs - large inserts in the middle of the playfield

#229 10 years ago

Love that you can stack coffin multiball now with the option enabled.

#230 10 years ago

You really have to start all 4 mballs to get to crank it up?

#231 10 years ago

No. 15 "hits" of each item.

#232 10 years ago

Love that you can stack coffin multiball now with the option enabled.

What do you mean? The default setting allows you to stack any other multiball if you already have coffin started. Are you saying there's a setting to change this to allow more freedom in stacking?

#233 10 years ago

Great update, awesome game! Thanks Mr. Lyman!

#234 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

- Added items left to light "Crank It Up" (modes) to instant info.

#235 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

What do you mean? The default setting allows you to stack any other multiball if you already have coffin started. Are you saying there's a setting to change this to allow more freedom in stacking?

Go into your settings /adjustment / game and option #13 By default it's off. **Coffin lock MB stacks with other Multiballs.**

#237 10 years ago

Go into your settings /adjustment / game and option #13 By default it's off. **Coffin lock MB stacks with other Multiballs.**

Pro? #13 on LE/Premium is Snake lock. Also the default setting on LE is already to allow Coffin mb to stack with others as long as you started it first. Does this setting allow it to stack the other way too?

#238 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

No!

#239 10 years ago

Oh shit, yes I have the Pro. Now I'm confused, basically it says "Coffin locks MB/ stack with other MB" by default this was set to no.

#240 10 years ago

I sold my Spider Man to get Metallica LE. After all these months finaly I am happy about this trade. This game now is deep and fun!

#241 10 years ago

Oh shit, yes I have the Pro. Now I'm confused, basically it says "Coffin locks MB/ stack with other MB" by default this was set to no.

That's really odd! You know... after reading the patch notes, I'm pretty sure that is supposed to be off by default.

edit: Nevermind, I thought it mentioned no longer allowing stacking of multiballs in the notes, but it was just in relation to other modes. I wonder if there's a setting to change that as well. I really like the idea of stacking modes.

#242 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Nope, it's harder than that. The default settings to light crank it up are gd brutal, imo. I ended up just setting the number of hits lower for now. I'm unsure if these are supposed to be mini wizard type modes or just normal modes (ie - will there be band member modes that are started off the targets? that would be fairly easy to get those going). For now I'd like to actually be able to play them during an average game without playing like i'm in a hardcore tournament.

The lack of ballsaver on the crank it up modes can be frustrating if your scoop does a wild eject.

#243 10 years ago

Loving this game. Fantastic update!

#244 10 years ago

Are you guys finding the coffin lock to be any more reliable? Mine still seems to not grab the ball more often than not Thats my only complaint and a real shame!

#245 10 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Are you guys finding the coffin lock to be any more reliable? Mine still seems to not grab the ball more often than not Thats my only complaint and a real shame!

It's a bit better for me, but still not great. I've also had the magnet release the ball and drain straight down the middle once... that f'ing sucked!

#246 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

It's a bit better for me, but still not great. I've also had the magnet release the ball and drain straight down the middle once... that f'ing sucked!

When it catches it always works perfect for me...oddly it seems to catch when I hit sparky a lot? Weird

#247 10 years ago

Super stoked, just got home from work and my lady already has Metallica updated. Thanks for the code Lyman.

#248 10 years ago
Quoted from haunted1:

Super stoked, just got home from work and my lady already has Metallica updated.

Awesome Lady!

#249 10 years ago

Yeah a ball save for crank is a must

#250 10 years ago

Ok, this game is effing awesome now. Started Crank It Up and played Battery. Hit the scoop and chose CONTINUE. Drained .0012 seconds later.

But I have no clue how I started Crank It Up. Someone explain this to me like I am a 6 year old.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 809 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-code-15-is-up/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.