(Topic ID: 83153)

Metallica CODE UPDATE is here!!! 1.5 is UP!!!

By Rarehero

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 809 posts
  • 201 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

picks.jpg
20140313_224619.jpg
eotl.jpg
hahahaohwow.jpg
foam1.jpg
image.jpg
MET score.JPG
1980788_10152007345416939_1204062861_n[1].jpg
Twoweeks.jpg
lumbergh.jpg
04aa70639a2711e0910f12313b10052d_small.jpg
image.jpg
surprised.gif
image-37.jpg
image-327.jpg
image-650.jpg
There are 809 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 17.
#151 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm starting to think that I was confused, and may have started Justice for All just prior to Crank it Up? I thought you could pick your mode when Justice started...but again, maybe I was in Crank it Up?

Just got crank it up - gives you 4 choices but I drained before I got far! So yes, to your question.

#152 10 years ago

now we need some metallica pinball 1.5 footage!!

Lyman deserves an big F*K*NG JACK*LYMAN*POT

i didnt even played the game as of yet with the new code.. but the change list speaks for itself! and yes ACDC updates were kinda epic too.. but this game created the most buzz for the update.. hence the 3500+ posts MET thread!

if u sold ur MET game lately u have reason to cry

#153 10 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

I think all of you who participated in the 3000+ post bitching thread probably owe Lyman an apology.

I can't remember if I bitched or not....
Have you been waiting ? I'm pretty sure I bought traded and sold 10 machines while waiting.
MET didn't go anywhere because I had faith

#154 10 years ago
Quoted from mufcmufc:

Thanks for all your work on this Lyman, but the basic stuff (that is supposed to have been the whole reason code was delayed in the first place) is important. Love the fact that the magnets are more animated now, however the fact that the hammer magnet is basically unresponsive UTTER SHIT.
I Turned the game off after one game, managed 50 hammer hits and scraped one coffin multiball, how the hell this is acceptable is beyond belief. Gone from a 7/10 coffin magnet (with new board) on 1.22 to 3/10 on 1.5, anyway the code will hopefully make mine easier to sell now.
Thanks in advance for all the inevitable thumbs downs

Mine is working better Nick and there is a setting in the code to allow locks during modes.

My locked played up a few weeks back and would hardly catch it. A quick reseating of the connectors on the new magnetic board sorted it. Worth a look?

#156 10 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

I think all of you who participated in the 3000+ post bitching thread probably owe Lyman an apology.

Glad i waited and didnt bitch about one thing............ now extremely happy.

#157 10 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

Damn. Can't wait to get home and download this thing. Between this and WOZ 2.0, I might not leave my game room this weekend.

I'm with you! My nephew is coming over this weekend and we have a lot of rules to learn between OWZLE & METLE...

#158 10 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I'm with you! My nephew is coming over this weekend and we have a lot of rules to learn between OWZLE & METLE...

...oops... WOZLE

#159 10 years ago

Next week has finally arrived! Congrats, everybody!

#160 10 years ago

Added "Crank It Up" modes. These include:
- "Battery" - (beat up sparky)
- "Fade To Black" - (shots/switches advance through thresholds that turn
the playfield darker)
- "For Whom The Bell Tolls" - (progressive shots)
- "Enter Sandman" - (shots change/hide, nightmare)
(need more speech!)

#161 10 years ago

This update is pretty incredible. The small touches are even cool.

#162 10 years ago

I am definitely going to have to buy one now… Great looking update.

#163 10 years ago

I have a sweet Pinball Refinery custom premium being put together for me this coming week and now this! Can't wait!

#165 10 years ago

OMG, how did I miss that video? That was hilarious!

#166 10 years ago
Quoted from PinJer:

I am definitely going to have to buy one now… Great looking update.

Here is a LE at a great price.

http://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/10687

#167 10 years ago
Quoted from GUMBO:

I can't remember if I bitched or not....
Have you been waiting ? I'm pretty sure I bought traded and sold 10 machines while waiting.
MET didn't go anywhere because I had faith

No. I don't blindly buy NIB games I've never played, or games that aren't done. Every game in my collection I have because I played them a lot and really liked them as they were.

Hell, who am I fooling, I really don't buy games anymore at all! No money and no more space!

Sounds like one hell of an update though. I'll have to go play it again sometime and see how it is compared to the last time I played it.

#168 10 years ago

Now all the pinwhiners can stfu.

#169 10 years ago

Awesome it's a long weekend here in Australia so perfect time for the code to drop!

Aaaaaaaaand, my weekends gone.

#170 10 years ago

And I stand by my guess that we are still getting a new song with the 2 winners......

#171 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

His faith in Lyman never wavered!

Some of us DO have private conversations with Lyman
But quoting or publicly stating particular info will get you shut down quickly.

Did some pinwhiners actually believe that Met would be left unfinished ?
Lyman always finishes what he starts. It really is sad to see this group going the path of RGP.
I've really scaled back my posting because I'm tired of all the negativity and its just not worth my effort.
I commend Greg Rarehero for posting. He's got more time.

#172 10 years ago

Some game play of the v1.5 update, my 8 year old kicking my ass. Sorry about poor footage but it gives you an idea of some of the new animations, lighting effects and sounds. However enter the sandman is still a bit too low and "thunder" from the grave targets, but the update is AWESOME!!

#173 10 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

Holy longest update list I've ever seen !

Your MOPLE is getting picked up from my house as we speak

Code has NOT been updated so update it when it arrives at your house first thing!

#174 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Lyman always finishes what he starts. It really is sad to see this group going the path of RGP.

Well in all fairness this update did take a pretty long time to drop. It's not that people don't love Lyman it's that they want better code for the pins they pay a lot of money for. I being among those that have waited a long time to get an adequate update for a pin can definitely understand why some would get a bit frustrated about it.

That said, I'm glad to see Stern is starting to put more of an emphasis on making sure their games get adequate code support. This along with the XM update really helped ease my concerns on buying from Stern and made me a bigger fan of theirs. Keep up the good work Stern us pinball addicts love our updates!

#175 10 years ago

Now we need a "Hitler wants to know who sold his Metallica the day before code dropped" video.

And by "his" I mean "Hitler's" Metallica machine.

Post edited by Pinstym: Clarification

#176 10 years ago

Lyman does great work, but I doubt he was the only one working on this update. So, thanks to the ENTIRE TEAM that made this update happen. If it weren't for you guys, we would all be stuck playing pinball on an xbox.

#177 10 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Lyman does great work, but I doubt he was the only one working on this update.

Nope...Met's his baby.

#178 10 years ago

No BS. Its a top 10 pin now. I should of kept my extra NIB LE.

So much deeper now! The Crank it Up Modes are challenging and add a whole new level to gameplay. Its like a pin inside a pin. Grave MB Superjackpot is sick.

All Magnets are stronger and better calibrated. Sparky really zings the ball now. (Consider mylar in that area.)

I really look forward to this a tournament.

#179 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Now we need a "Hitler wants to know who sold his Metallica the day before code dropped" video.

This would be me...

surprised.gifsurprised.gif

#180 10 years ago

Time for everyone to erase their high scores. Previous scores are no longer valid.

#181 10 years ago

SPOILER ALERT- skip over this if you don't want to know about END OF THE LINE

The WIZARD MODE is now in, END OF THE LINE. It now has a bank of four songs collected at the scoop for ''crank it up'' which is much like Ac/Dc, in that you build your song jackpot by hitting certain flashing shots on the playfield. Each one is very different, with the objective the same. There are some nice animations and sounds during these modes. To cash it out, you will see flashing shots you have to hit behind each of the 4 multiball shots (cross, snake, coffin and sparky) to re-light the scoop to either cash out or continue the same song. You have to play the multiballs to light crank it up to begin with. To light it once, I believe it's two or three different multiballs? I'm not 100%sure, but I know it gets harder as you do it again and again.

You can not pick the same song twice, it takes it away on your next trip to scoop when crank it up is lit. You can not change songs. Like AC/DC you lose your jackpot progession when you lose your ball, should you fail to cash it out.

So to do all four songs in crank it up to get to end of the line, takes some work. The good thing is you just have to get to each song, and not complete them or anything for progression to EOTL. That scoop is a bitch to hit, i'll tell ya. I did cash out a 44 million jackpot during Sandman, it was awesome.

On your final trip to CRANK IT UP, End of the Line will be your only choice. From there, it is some crazy animations of a car driving out of control and over a cliff, multiball, and BIG points. There does not appear to be a completion to this final mode, but the progression in this mode pays points of up to 10 and 20 million per shot, and pretty much everything is lit. Obviously, it plays the song too.

#182 10 years ago

well for all the people bitching it was no wonder. that update seems like more than some complete games! i hope its as good as every one expects! congrats guys.

#183 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

This would be me...

Boy, I feel your pain.

#184 10 years ago

First nib i wouLd like to spend 5k euro for the pro.

Awesome pin! But.... I am not yet there wallet wise. But this is a winner.

#185 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Your MOPLE is getting picked up from my house as we speak
Code has NOT been updated so update it when it arrives at your house first thing!

Thanks Bud, it's gonna be in good hands !

#186 10 years ago

Cool to hear the MET is finally getting the lift it deserves. Sounds like it could be added to the wish list at some point after all, once they put out the hot chick version.

#187 10 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

Thanks Bud, it's gonna be in good hands !

Damn, I bet it will be. Talk about perfect timing. Got any stock tips??

#188 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I've really scaled back my posting because I'm tired of all the negativity and its just not worth my effort.

so you are whining about the whiners whining?

and yes i was a whiner but at least i'm not whining now.

#189 10 years ago

Epic update! Game modes are incredible. Crank it up is killer. Lyman did a great job ! Well worth the wait.

#190 10 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Damn, I bet it will be. Talk about perfect timing. Got any stock tips??

XXII, Oncs, mcig, spihf. U can thank me in 2 years when your a millionaire !
Thanks again on my new mople Fattrain !

image.jpgimage.jpg
#191 10 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

once they put out the hot chick version

lollllll.

#192 10 years ago

I knew a guy that went into a coma shortly after purchasing METLE. I got a call from his family that he just woke up.

#193 10 years ago

Crank it up mode is amazing, each mode feels like a new pinball game.
I love how the cross rising syncs with the dots on DMD, the hammer crashing down is not quite a synced as the dots, but at least has a boom sound now.
Better use of the colour changing lights now.
Have still got quite a bit to learn, will keep me busy until the band modes are implemented.
The game is not that easy with crank it up modes, perfect for a home environment.
I don't think my machine will be leaving for a long time.
Thanks Lyman, awesome work, look forward to next update.

#194 10 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Some game play of the v1.5 update, my 8 year old kicking my ass. Sorry about poor footage but it gives you an idea of some of the new animations, lighting effects and sounds. However enter the sandman is still a bit too low and "thunder" from the grave targets, but the update is AWESOME!!
» YouTube video

Thanks! I appreciate the video! The new added modes and how you can choose them is really cool. I have to update mine!

#195 10 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

XXII, Oncs, mcig, spihf. U can thank me in 2 years when your a Millionaire !
Thanks again on my new mople Fattrain !

The only thing I would have done differently would have been to get a METLE instead.

#196 10 years ago

Now that you whiney-butts got YOUR update, how 'bout round 3 for Star Trek? .........guessing 12 thumbs down............

#197 10 years ago
Quoted from smokey_789:

Now that you whiney-butts got YOUR update, how 'bout round 3 for Star Trek? .........guessing 12 thumbs down............

Lemme help you with that... +1.

#198 10 years ago

Just imagine if this code was there 9 months ago like it should have been. For the guys who hung in there... Enjoy the hell out of it!

#199 10 years ago

Funny noone has mentioned the mystery. When Is the last time you saw that many things in the mystery. It's like Lyman said " I got you f@k$ ing mystery right here. End of story. That's was good for a laugh.

#200 10 years ago
Quoted from Duff:

Funny noone has mentioned the mystery. When Is the last time you saw that many things in the mystery. It's like Lyman said " I got you f@k$ ing mystery right here. End of story. That's was good for a laugh.

I was wondering about that lol....seriously, 4 levels of depth? Like here, let me shoot the orbits a few more times into those deadly pop bumpers to try and get more lanes for a better mystery reward LOL.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 29.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 809 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-code-15-is-up/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.