(Topic ID: 83153)

Metallica CODE UPDATE is here!!! 1.5 is UP!!!

By Rarehero

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 809 posts
  • 201 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 25 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

picks.jpg
20140313_224619.jpg
eotl.jpg
hahahaohwow.jpg
foam1.jpg
image.jpg
MET score.JPG
1980788_10152007345416939_1204062861_n[1].jpg
Twoweeks.jpg
lumbergh.jpg
04aa70639a2711e0910f12313b10052d_small.jpg
image.jpg
surprised.gif
image-37.jpg
image-327.jpg
image-650.jpg

There are 809 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 17.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

SHIT YEAH!
See, no bleep! Wooo!

F*CK YEAH!

Post edited by moderator: profanity

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Stop hoping the game will become AC/DC. It never was and never will. Song choice is your neutral song. Song changes in game correspond to the mode/feature you're in....like every other game besides AC/DC.

Not hoping it will become ac/dc, but I too thought it would be cool if ones song choice impacted the game in some small way. Like super jets, improved mystery awards, double ramp letters for each ramp, increased combo value, etc. just adds another layer of strategy.

Update looks great though!

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

TONS of new insert and GI color lighting FX!

So looks like even though it wasn't specifically noted that there is an added benefit to the Prem/LE now. Good to know.

#104 5 years ago

So basically, I bought this game at the best possible time. I can't wait for TPF now!

#105 5 years ago

WOOHOO

#106 5 years ago

Cool animations for mode high scores!

image-600.jpg image-789.jpg image-716.jpg image-375.jpg image-474.jpg image-497.jpg image-327.jpg image-650.jpg image-37.jpg
#107 5 years ago

Oh my God, the new Lady Justice mode is sweet!!!

#108 5 years ago

Magnets on the cross and sparky seem to be throwing the ball back at you with some velocity. Really cool.

#109 5 years ago

I'm super happy that they put something out.

If the 17th update includes the songs, band member modes and any needed bug fixes then Ill be back on the stern bandwagon.

#110 5 years ago

Woo Hoo

#111 5 years ago

Wow, what a substantial update. Looking forward to playing this with the new code at Pinball Land this weekend. I wonder if the update will cause Aurich to like the hammer now...

#112 5 years ago

It's pretty clear that Stern has upped their game!

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Cool animations for mode high scores!

image-600.jpg 228 KB

image-716.jpg 276 KB

image-789.jpg 272 KB

image-474.jpg 306 KB

image-375.jpg 284 KB

image-497.jpg 282 KB

image-650.jpg 315 KB

image-327.jpg 300 KB

image-37.jpg 310 KB

So many different high scores to get now - this is like a brand new game!

#114 5 years ago

New Crank it Up mode is very cool!

This is like a totally new game now.

Magnets are definitely more active now. They throw the ball around. So far so good!

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I'm super happy that they put something out.

Trust me, this is a lot more than "something", even without the new songs or band member modes!

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

New Crank it Up mode is very cool!
This is like a totally new game now.
Magnets are definitely more active now. They throw the ball around. So far so good!

Good to hear!
Texting my kid now to crank the garage heat

#117 5 years ago

I think people that sold early will be pissed. Game is fing awesome.
Crank it Up modes are cool. You get to pick from the 4 and then ends when the song is complete.

#118 5 years ago

How to complete the song? Complete all targets or wait for the end ot the song?

#119 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I think people that sold early will be pissed

Fattrain sold his and it's getting picked up TODAY ....poor bastahd...I warned him not to sell until code was released.

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Oh my God, the new Lady Justice mode is sweet!!!

What's different about it besides the insert colors? This is "new shit overload" ...I couldn't soak it all in lol

#121 5 years ago

Looks like a very nice update. Glad to see this game finally get the code support it deserves. I'll have to give the code a try at Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum next week.

#122 5 years ago

He'll yaaaaaasaaaaaa

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The hammer sound effect is still the same....just louder. Better than before, but I still had hoped for more.

For me the key thing is the sound syncs with the action. Before the hammer would drop and the sound effect would come later. So you'd just hear the clicky-sounds of the mech. Now, the hammer falls and you hear the WHOMP sound effect right as it hits the ball...very cool IMO.

#124 5 years ago

Is the back post still up when you plunge a ball making the skill shot a no brainier?

#125 5 years ago
Quoted from GUMBO:

Is the back post still up when you plunge a ball making the skill shot a no brainier?

Granted, the release notes are huge, but there's like five lines of description of the skill shot in there. Something like the right lane is worth more, you can disable the post with the left flipper, if you make the skill shot with the post down, it doubles the value, and there are like three choices of super skill shot if you send it all the way around the back.

#126 5 years ago

ALL HAIL LORD LYMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#127 5 years ago

Man, so many additions I am having sensory overload! Can't keep track of them all.

Now to collect the Super Jackpot during Cross multi-ball, you have to knock the ball off the magnet. The magnet grabs the next to last shot needed for the Super and holds it for a certain amount of time for you to knock it off.

Game is way deeper now. Lots more to do with being able to select song/modes during Crank it Up and Justice for All.

Great update! And this is without the new songs or band member modes!

I'm loving the use of the magnets and how they throw the ball back at you. Makes the game more exciting and challenging. Probably slightly shorter ball times as a result, but I am definitely good with that.

Scoring is a lot different for sure. I already put up a score of over 150 million on my third game.

#128 5 years ago

anyone else notice the shot save doesn't light up anymore

#129 5 years ago

i also have a problem now that my sound kinda cuts in and out from being the right volume to so quiet i can barley hear it...not sure if its hardware or software related

#130 5 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

i also have a problem now that my sound kinda cuts in and out from being the right volume to so quiet i can barley hear it...not sure if its hardware or software related

Open your backbox again and make sure the top right connectors are plugued properly on the board, maybe they moved when you did the update. Happened to me before, sounds would go up and down and it was simply that.

#131 5 years ago

Unless I don't understand the code update, my hammer is acting up, ghost slamming and such.

#132 5 years ago

YES!!!! Can't wait to get home and get it loaded.

#133 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

It's pretty clear that Stern has upped their game!

I would say:
Pretty clear Lyman is still the best, and has been very busy!
-Stern is very lucky to have him.

#134 5 years ago
Quoted from notaflyingtoy:

I wonder if the update will cause Aurich to like the hammer now...

Let's not be too hasty!

The real question is do things like the color changing LEDs offset the hammer? And does it work better now? I see all the notes about fixes for it. Plus it sounds like they finally gave it a proper sound?

I'm gonna get some time in on Rarehero's and see how it all feels.

#135 5 years ago

I'm waiting for mine to update now.... Step 2/2 seems like it will never end, and I swear it slows down if I look at it..

Did everyone who gave Greg a hard time about being optimistic that 3/7 was the day apologize?

Seriously, thanks to Rare Hero and everyone else for keeping the update thread alive all these months! Update looks really good on paper..

#136 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Unless I don't understand the code update, my hammer is acting up, ghost slamming and such.

Weird. I only had 3 games but it was working perfectly...seemingly better. Do you have the revised magnet board?

#137 5 years ago

Thanks for all your work on this Lyman, but the basic stuff (that is supposed to have been the whole reason code was delayed in the first place) is important. Love the fact that the magnets are more animated now, however the fact that the hammer magnet is basically unresponsive UTTER SHIT.

I Turned the game off after one game, managed 50 hammer hits and scraped one coffin multiball, how the hell this is acceptable is beyond belief. Gone from a 7/10 coffin magnet (with new board) on 1.22 to 3/10 on 1.5, anyway the code will hopefully make mine easier to sell now.

Thanks in advance for all the inevitable thumbs downs

#138 5 years ago

i think today is kinda historical.. this update has been by far the largest update we ever witnessed for an stern game.. it also took the most time,. but hey the results are there.. lyman wasnt nose picking.. no not at all!

im dieing to play the newest update now.. but i have to wait 2 days for it.. aarghh its killing me.. anyone please shoot some 1.5 update pinball action.. im wondering how it looks like.. swinging balls due to magnets..crank me up modes..
and its not done yet.. as the 2 songs still need to get in..

Lyman is the king of pinball! thumbs up if u agree on that

#139 5 years ago

I think all of you who participated in the 3000+ post bitching thread probably owe Lyman an apology.

#140 5 years ago
Quoted from CptAwesomest:

"Stern Pinball has posted new Metallica code Version 1.5 for all models. This code contains numerous game play enhancements including “Crank It Up” modes and the “End Of The Line” wizard mode.
In addition Metallica held an online contest allowing fans to select 2 new songs which will be incorporated into our game. The contest was completed on Monday. We will start programming these songs into the game immediately and in a few weeks we will release another update that integrates these songs into the game."
From facebook

Kudos to Stern for more and more posts like this.

This is all they've ever needed to do to keep people from revolting imo. Just keep us informed as to what is going on with our $7k investment.

No code coming? Just say so.
Code coming? Throw out an ETA. If it comes and there's problems, say so.

Surprises are great at Christmas but for the other 364 days a year it would be nice to have an idea of days, weeks, months, years until things are or are not delivered.

#141 5 years ago

Is it really the largest change in an update? I recall the last Tron read me file being huge.......

#142 5 years ago

My favorite part so far and I haven't played alot is the extra pulse from the Sparky magnet that throws that ball everywhere.. awesome.

#143 5 years ago
Quoted from DutchTommy:

i think today is kinda historical.. this update has been by far the largest update we ever witnessed for an stern game..

Hmmm. I think one of those AC/DC updates was pretty epic too if I remember correctly.

#144 5 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

I think all of you who participated in the 3000+ post bitching thread probably owe Lyman an apology.

Not everyone in that thread was yelling at Lyman, in fact most weren't. I still maintain Lyman is not to blame and is doing the best that he, his company, and this niche pinball business will allow for.

No apologies are warranted from most people I interacted with in that thread imo - the fact still remains it took too long with no communication until about a month ago. It was unacceptable then, as it is now, but recently the communication and interaction with the public has been stepped up and Stern should be commended for that behavior.

#145 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What's different about it besides the insert colors? This is "new shit overload" ...I couldn't soak it all in lol

I'm starting to think that I was confused, and may have started Justice for All just prior to Crank it Up? I thought you could pick your mode when Justice started...but again, maybe I was in Crank it Up?

#146 5 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

Read the second post in this thread.

#147 5 years ago

This update is HUGE. Updating now. Thumbs up Lyman, I owe you a beer or 12.

This alone is awesome.

- Added a new stage to grave marker multiball. When the grave marker
is lit by making 5 shots (initially), shooting the grave marker awards
double jackpot and holds the ball 20-30 seconds (adjustable) for super
jackpot. Hitting the held ball with the other ball(s) in play awards
the super jackpot. While the timer is timing down, the four grave
marker shots (other than the grave marker itself) may be made for
points. These points add to the value of the super jackpot. Completing
all four shots while the timer is timing down increases the value of
the super jackpot multiplier by one. The super jackpot must be collected
to lock in the multiplier. The value of the multiplier is retained
throughout the course of the game.

#148 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Stop hoping the game will become AC/DC. It never was and never will. Song choice is your neutral song. Song changes in game correspond to the mode/feature you're in....like every other game besides AC/DC.

just askin.. jeez.

#149 5 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

i think stern owes us all an apology for putting up with this for so long. this has never been about bitching at lyman, he is not to blame for the 3000 post thread, stern is.

lyman deserves a raise.

#150 5 years ago

Damn. Can't wait to get home and download this thing. Between this and WOZ 2.0, I might not leave my game room this weekend.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
There are 809 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 17.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside