(Topic ID: 83153)

Metallica CODE UPDATE is here!!! 1.5 is UP!!!

By Rarehero

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 809 posts
  • 201 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 25 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

picks.jpg
20140313_224619.jpg
eotl.jpg
hahahaohwow.jpg
foam1.jpg
image.jpg
MET score.JPG
1980788_10152007345416939_1204062861_n[1].jpg
Twoweeks.jpg
lumbergh.jpg
04aa70639a2711e0910f12313b10052d_small.jpg
image.jpg
surprised.gif
image-37.jpg
image-327.jpg
image-650.jpg

There are 809 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 17.
#51 5 years ago

Holy shit...
That read me looks like a post from HouseOfPins. Except this one is worth reading

#52 5 years ago

can someone report if song choice impacts gameplay...

#53 5 years ago

There went my afternoon nap! Downloading now!

#54 5 years ago

Still no band member modes?

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Never seen such a huge one

thats what she said.jpg
#56 5 years ago

Thank you Lord! Stern, I am back to loving you again...

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I stand by that.

I thought Stern stated on facebook that Avengers will not get any updates.

#59 5 years ago

Ritchie also said X-Men was done with updates...then bam!

Quoted from DCFAN:

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Well that would be good news, I read it the opposite, that it was done for non family mode.

That's how I understood it as well, so I backed up my original callouts and would get ready to task them out for swapping.

#61 5 years ago

STERN ROCKS !

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

Pretty sure something that huge would be noted in those rather detailed release notes. I doubt Metallica is going to suddenly morph into AC/DC.

#63 5 years ago

1.41 = 70mb
1.5 = 88mb

I gotta think there some serious animation added. Even if the new songs are there that still a lot of shit!

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It states that anything considered questionable has been bleeped ...safe to assume family mode. Words like f*ck and sh*t were bleeped but words like bastard weren't ...so now anything you wouldn't want the kiddies to hear is bleeped. Anyway, I'll verify in a few minutes when this update is done but this is f*cking Metallica, why would it be censored in Adult mode? Family Guy isn't censored in Adult. Sopranos isn't censored in Adult.

Exactly. That is my entire point! Would be really disappointing if the bleeped all of them in the non family mode.

#65 5 years ago

Panzerfreak will be excited when hears this! He loves updates!

Oops, wrong game.

#66 5 years ago

Finally! A legitimate reason to wipe out my wife's Grand Champion score.

Sorry honey...but I had to update it with new code!

#67 5 years ago

This is what is called "The Stockholm Syndrom" ..
Everyone now loves Stern for something that should have been done from the beginning.
If i would be in the possesion of a Metallica Pinball, i wouldnt say"thank you" to stern for something they are expected to deliver.
But.. so i am now considering buying one.

#68 5 years ago

MET LE - 15k by christmas.

#69 5 years ago

Six months to deliver an update! And when it's finally done, everyone completely forgets how long it took. That's brand loyalty.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

Six months to deliver an update! And when it's finally done, everyone completely forgets how long it took. That's brand loyalty.

We are just excited!

#71 5 years ago

Updating the code, I am...image-827.jpg

#72 5 years ago

I had carpal tunnel surgery Wednesday on my left hand, but was able to put 2 quick games on it before the pain became too much to bear.
The grave marker lighting when it's ready to start is awesome as well as it holding the ball for a super jackpot.
love the new sparky action when you hit him with the magnet pulsing and tossing the ball around a bit.
polished. that's the word I'd use to describe it.
Just wish my hand wasn't throbbing to play more.

Way to go Stern.

#73 5 years ago

Never updated a stern before...just download to a USB, plug it in to MET and turn it on?

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

At least we had a game to play while we waited for code !!

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

Never updated a stern before...just download to a USB, plug it in to MET and turn it on?

Nope but almost that easy http://sternpinball.com/IntroSAM.html

#76 5 years ago

Downloading as I type.

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

You need to switch a jumper, its really easy. but heres a vid

#78 5 years ago

As the Lyrics say "Nothing else matters!"

#79 5 years ago

no mention of the new songs. must mean more to come?

#80 5 years ago

OK here are my quick impressions so far after 3 games!

TONS of new insert and GI color lighting FX!

-Yellow inserts for Super Skill Shot
-Light Blue inserts for "chosen shot"
-Red inserts for combos (was like this before)
-Lighter red for Lady Justice
-GI Dims when you hit the Hammer captive ball
-Red & White GI during Fuel (gives the game an orangey glow)
-Lots of new flasher FX

Hammer is grabbing the ball really well - and the SLAM sound syncs perfectly with the hammer's action

Yes Rob, there is SWEARING lol (I heard "That little bastard just gave you a shitload of points")

Lots of Mystery fun!

I started a few Crank It Ups but I drained before I could do much of anything...still cool tho. I started Fade To Black and there were some roaming pulsing light FX

Grave Marker is now tons more awesome. The rising effect syncs with the DMD, new flasher FX...and it grabs and holds the ball for Super Jackpot. Kinda like ST's Vengeance Start...you have to hit the magnetized ball with your other ball. AWESOME

TONS more magnet action! My Sparky & Grave magnets never really flung much at all...now they're fling-city! The Grave one acted like a kickback a few times! Whipped it out really fast!

Update rocks so far...but gotta go to work lol...enjoy guys!

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

No, they said it's "not planned" but they will listen to suggestions. Not a hard "no". Read between the lines.

#82 5 years ago

Cant believe i missed this post an hour ago while scanning thru......... the read me sounds epic, uploading the code now.

#83 5 years ago

Argh, I wish the boards had USB 3 on them, now I have to wait for it to install. Halfway done though!

Sounds like a pretty bitchin' update from the release notes.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

Stop hoping the game will become AC/DC. It never was and never will. Song choice is your neutral song. Song changes in game correspond to the mode/feature you're in....like every other game besides AC/DC.

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

-Lots of new flasher FX
Hammer is grabbing the ball really well - and the SLAM sound syncs perfectly with the hammer's action
Yes Rob, there is SWEARING lol (I heard "That little bastard just gave you a shitload of points")
Lots of Mystery fun!
I started a few Crank It Ups but I drained before I could do much of anything...still cool tho. I started Fade To Black and there were some roaming pulsing light FX
Grave Marker is now tons more awesome. The rising effect syncs with the DMD, new flasher FX...and it grabs and holds the ball for Super Jackpot. Kinda like ST's Vengeance Start...you have to hit the magnetized ball with your other ball. AWESOME
TONS more magnet action! My Sparky & Grave magnets never really flung much at all...now they're fling-city! The Grave one acted like a kickback a few times! Whipped it out really fast!

Are there band member modes yet?

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Are there band member modes yet?

Doesn't seem to be...I think those will come with the new song update. Just a few weeks! Lets enjoy all the Crank It Ups and other cool shit! WOOO!

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

Argh, I wish the boards had USB 3 on them, now I have to wait for it to install. Halfway done though!
Sounds like a pretty bitchin' update from the release notes.

Probably wouldn't matter.....the CPU is not exactly a speed demon. USB 2 is overkill for it anyway....

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It states that anything considered questionable has been bleeped ...safe to assume family mode. Words like f*ck and sh*t were bleeped but words like bastard weren't ...so now anything you wouldn't want the kiddies to hear is bleeped. Anyway, I'll verify in a few minutes when this update is done but this is f*cking Metallica, why would it be censored in Adult mode? Family Guy isn't censored in Adult. Sopranos isn't censored in Adult.

Good news: I confirmed what you say here is accurate. In other words, playing with Adult Content = Yes, I heard "Sh*t" without it being bleeped.

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

- Added an adjustment to control the slingshot power.

YYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#90 5 years ago

Are the 2 new songs on there?

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from damionrowe:

Not yet...those will be in the update the week of the 17th as announced.

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from damionrowe:

No, but we knew they wouldn't be.

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not yet...those will be in the update the week of the 17th as announced.

Go to work!

#94 5 years ago

I haven't seen anyone mention if the two new songs, Blackened and Ride the Lightning are in this update, Anyone?

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Good news: I confirmed what you say here is accurate. In other words, playing with Adult Content = Yes, I heard "Sh*t" without it being bleeped.

SHIT YEAH!

See, no bleep! Wooo!

#96 5 years ago

"Stern Pinball has posted new Metallica code Version 1.5 for all models. This code contains numerous game play enhancements including “Crank It Up” modes and the “End Of The Line” wizard mode.

In addition Metallica held an online contest allowing fans to select 2 new songs which will be incorporated into our game. The contest was completed on Monday. We will start programming these songs into the game immediately and in a few weeks we will release another update that integrates these songs into the game."

From facebook

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from CptAwesomest:

In addition Metallica held an online contest allowing fans to select 2 new songs which will be incorporated into our game. The contest was completed on Monday. We will start programming these songs into the game immediately and in a few weeks we will release another update that integrates these songs into the game."
From facebook

Bam!!!!!

#99 5 years ago

Great, Now can I stop seeing this thread at the top of my forum list?

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

-Lots of new flasher FX
Lots of Mystery fun!

Sorry, missed this earlier Greg as I was too excited to post my findings about the swearing too!

There are a lot of additions regarding the color changing inserts too, with colors I hadn't seen before. Lots of new speech too.

Agree Grave Marker is way better now! Very cool. The hammer sound effect is still the same....just louder. Better than before, but I still had hoped for more.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 809 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 17.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside