Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by NJGecko
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

This just started, and honestly I haven't even popped open the machine to look, but figure it can't hurt to ask around beforehand...

So the back two drops in my Met stopped resetting the other day. When a new game starts, all three targets reset, but the front is the only one that actually locks up. The back two just pop up and go right back down. The machine tries to reset them two or three times, but they just won't lock in the up position.

Any thoughts on what I should poke at?

#3 9 years ago

I had the same problem...targets 2 and 3 kept dropping on solid hits to target 1 or just wouldn't reset properly. This is because the little ledge on the target that holds the target up isn't resting as fully as it should on the metal assembly frame after it's resets. If you don't understand, you'll see what I mean when you remove the assembly. My directions make it sound way worse than it actually is.

You will need to pull the drop target assembly off the underside of the playfield (4 screws and 2 plugs). It's a pretty simple assembly but has a bunch of small parts. You'll notice two rods going thru the targets that run the width of the assembly (1 upper and 1 lower) and that each drop target has 2 washers/spacers on the front side of each target on the upper rod. One thin washer and 1 thick. You will need to remove the upper rod by removing some e-clips and a screw. Then remove the thin washer on the top, front side of the target giving you problems and reassemble. You won't have to remove the bottom rod but may need to remove the lower e-clip on target 1 to make things easier if you choose to remove the thin washer on target 1.

Make note of how the washers, springs and e-clips are ordered in relation to each target. The top should be in this order from the front of the assembly to the back: thin washer (this is the one to remove), thick washer, target, thin washer, spring, thick washer and e-clip. The bottom is thin washer, thick washer, target and then e-clip.

When reassembling, you may find it easier to put the screw for the upper rod into the assembly first, place the washer(s) over that screw and align the rod with the screw and tighten slightly to hold it together.

This will solve your problems. I removed the thin washer front the top, front side of each target and the game played flawlessly all night, dropping only on true hit.

#4 9 years ago

Thanks for the detailed post.
The last T of of my TNT drops does this a lot.
Kind of a pain because it will pop up and down and score points sometimes and even auto launch the ball and not let me choose my song.

2 weeks later
#5 9 years ago

Interesting...this started happening on my WoF. I think this may be a fix but what explains why this would start to happen? Washers don't wear...

#6 9 years ago

I had this problem too, but for me it was just the back target that would drop. I took the mech off a couple times and honestly I was afraid to take apart the clips and washers and springs etc. Seemed like a nightmare. I was able to fix the issue by adjusting/bending the mech so that each target sat on the ledge straight and with just enough but not too much on the edge. It took a lot of trial and error. It is easy to make it have the opposite problem... they always reset, but hits wont make them drop.... so very minor adjustments. You can actually see the ledge and how much of each target is sitting on it if u look from the top down with a flashlight.

Good luck

#7 9 years ago

On mine it was also just the back target. And it is also an intermittent problem.

1 week later
#8 9 years ago

The fix was actually really easy. I pulled it apart and the screws holding the shaft in across all targets had worked loose. Put it back and good as new!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.50
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-2-out-of-3-drops-wont-reset and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.