(Topic ID: 78524)

Message From Steve Ritchie: Barry Oursler Needs Your Help!

By kingndi

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Whysnow
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Barry Oursler has made huge contributions to pinball. His games such as Pinbot, Space Shuttle, Dr. Who, Comet and many, many others have been bringing joy to pinball lovers everywhere.

Barry and his wife Donna are BOTH very ill. Dealing with bone marrow cancer and kidney failure has them fighting for their lives, and their medical bills are huge.

Please do your best to help Barry and Donna get past this tough time in their lives. You can also help by copying this message to other threads.

Any donation will be appreciated. Please go to the link below.

Thanks,

Steve Ritchie

http://www.gofundme.com/6fgkt0

#3 10 years ago

Thanks Tmezel

#4 10 years ago

I'm in. Thanks for alerting us Steve. Lets hope for a speedy recovery.

#5 10 years ago

sorry to hear the bad news. will help.

#6 10 years ago

Contribution made. Best wishes to them both.

#7 10 years ago

Donation and prayers sent.

#8 10 years ago

My wife and I have been enjoying ACDC this weekend thanks to you and Lyman.
    Happy to help you and your friends Steve.

#9 10 years ago

Thoughts, prayers and a donation sent. All the best to Barry and Donna during this difficult time.

#10 10 years ago

Donation sent. Prayers for their family

#11 10 years ago

Steve - thx for letting us know - Donation sent and my thoughts and prayers to Donna and Barry. Chris

#12 10 years ago

Made a donation in the name of the 904 Pinball Zine community, get well soon!

#13 10 years ago

Barry, if you are reading these threads...I think it is safe to say that most of the people here are having their thoughts and prayers go out to you. Money sent, and I hope all goes well! And Thank You for your contribution to Pinball! I have many of your games in my collection...

#14 10 years ago

Bump for a good cause.

Just made my donation. Every little bit helps.

#15 10 years ago

Another bump and donation. Best wishes

#16 10 years ago

donation sent! Best wishes Barry!

#17 10 years ago

Donation and Bump. Good luck Barry!

#18 10 years ago

Barry is a very nice guy and he made some really great games. Even though I'm very low on funds I still kicked in what I could.

#20 10 years ago

Bump.

#21 10 years ago

Goal reached! Thanks to everyone for their help. This community is amazing.

#22 10 years ago

Don't stop just because the goal was reached. Keep it going! I donated!

#23 10 years ago

Thanks Steve Ritchie.

#24 10 years ago

Happy to help.

#25 10 years ago

Donation sent. Thanks Steve

#26 10 years ago

Bump

#27 10 years ago

I spoke with Barry last night about his situation and the incredible success this fundraiser turned out to be. We even did a little interview, which you can read on www.pinball-magazine.com.

#28 10 years ago

thank you for posting,
    Donation sent. Hopefully people will bump this thread from month to month; as a reminder.
    I plan on donating again and again if necessary. I can not say anything more that has already been said.

Scott
    Detroit Pinball

#29 10 years ago

Why tell everybody you send a payment? Just help if you can, no need to tell everybody you did.

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Why tell everybody you send a payment? Just help if you can, no need to tell everybody you did.

I think it is a nice way to bump a donation thread and also people are influenced by others in their lives that they respect.

For example, one may subconsciously say, "hmmm Dave donated and he is a good guy, I should donate also"

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/message-from-steve-ritchie-barry-oursler-needs-your-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.