New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 176704)

merry merry no hobbit christmas

By udo

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by udo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpeg
IMG_4032 (resized).JPG

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

so i order my hobbit le in 9.26.2013. as we all thought the hobbit where build faster then the woz we where cheated. but after 3 years i saw finally hobbit delivered to ppl on the hobbit owners tread. as i live in the netherlands (amsterdam) i new it would take some while
when the hobbit containers arrive here.

i kept saying to my self ...as long the machine arrive before christmas its fine. but gues what? i dint! so after 3 years and 4 month
still no hobbit machine. i think theres no excuse for this! am about to say jjp can shuffle the hobbit in his @.
so.... will it be 2017? well to the already owners i like to say...enjoy playing with christmas. will be next year for me and others.

merry christmas

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from udo:

about to say jjp can shuffle the hobbit in his @.

Sorry you've had to wait so long but that quote gave me a chuckle

#3 3 years ago

Best wishes that you get your Hobbit soon, Udo! Are you really "Udo"? All my German school books as a kid, had the main characters "Ina and Udo", and never encountered one before this!

#4 3 years ago

Nothing we can do to fix it but we feel your pain.

#5 3 years ago

Sorry to hear. Have you contacted jjp for an update? I'm sure it will be soon.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Best wishes that you get your Hobbit soon, Udo! Are you really "Udo"

Hopefully this Udo!

Balls to the Wall!

rd

IMG_4032 (resized).JPG

#7 3 years ago

Now I feel guilty - I'm a Smaug SE owner that didn't have to wait for years...as I bought it from someone else who waited for years & sold it after owning it for a few months. I hope you get your soon - it's a stellar game!!! Hopefully the wait won't taint your experience....I've been there. Ordered my MMr in 2013 and got it in 2015...ordered Lebowski in 2014 and still waiting!

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from udo:

as we all thought the hobbit where build faster

Oh yeah, we ALL thought that. Lol.

My Condolences.

#9 3 years ago

That sucks. A lot of people including myself who didn't pre-order got a Hobbit from a dealer's stock months ago. Those that took the risk and ordered early should get their games first.

#10 3 years ago

I'm sorry to hear, that's brutal. I ordered on a Friday was playing the next Wednesday. The build date was in December.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

as I bought it from someone else who waited for years & sold it after owning it for a few months

I don't think that's a problem. People sell used games all the time ... not your fault for buying one.

But, same as WOZ people who funded the project from the start are still getting queue jumped by "new money".

JJP themselves sent out an email a month or so back saying "buy a WOZ or Hobbit and get delivery before Xmas!" Sorry, but when people like Udo have been waiting for 2 or 3 YEARS (!!) that's just wrong.

If Stern pulled that shit, the angry mob with flaming torches would already be standing outside their factory.

rd

#12 3 years ago

Except that in his case you don't know the circumstances and if you did, you would most likely not hold the same position that you do.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Except that in his case you don't know the circumstances and if you did, you would most likely not hold the same position that you do.

What are the circumstances?

#14 3 years ago

who's the local distributor?

#15 3 years ago

Look maybe I shouldn't have jumped in so I'm sorry. I would not speak for udo nor anyone else and I do feel his pain. It's like he said, he lives in the Netherlands and the distributor there has been shipped lots of his customer's games but he is still waiting on the rest. I'm not interested in speaking out of turn it's just that there are extenuating circumstances. I apologize for butting in but I have a big problem with the flaming torches thing -- it's as if someone at JJP woke up and said "let's put everyone ahead of udo today" or something which was clearly not the case. My bad for chiming in.

#16 3 years ago

it's as if someone at JJP woke up and said "let's put everyone ahead of udo today" or something which was clearly not the case.

Actually, it kinda is. 3 years and 4 months?? Come on.

Not trying to flame you at all and I love both my JJP games but both myself and a friend ordered NIB Smaug Golds and had them 4 days later. That was in November 2016. There is no excuse, even based on where he lives for this to happen.

#17 3 years ago

Okay, no more. I feel for udo, I do, and I don't wish to hijack his thread. Again, I'm sorry. Everyone can have their own opinion I was miffed by the tone of some of the responses. I can tell you that there is another thread floating around here called Hobbit Update and there was a person whom I do not know and have no issues with who tried using solid math to guesstimate how long it would take JJP to build what he figured were a thousand or so more Hobbit games that were owed to customers. I simply chimed in with some facts - namely, that pretty much all of the pre-ordered games are built (with a few exceptions as noted here), that JJP is building Black Arrows (a model that could not have been ordered prior to Expo because it didn't exist) and LEs and mainly they are filling out distributor stock and such as well as filling recent orders and so on. No animous on my part at all. Here we have udo who is still waiting after all this time and I am not trying to detract from that whatsoever. Again, I apologize, my bad. Just trying to help.

#18 3 years ago

That sucks....you should have your pin by now! Hope you get it sorted soon.

I've had money down on Thunderbirds since '14. Project was delayed for legitimate reasons, pin will be delivered in '17. I took the risk with this, have had to wait a bit longer than planned, all cool. but at least Mike is shipping pins to all pre order customers first, which is how it should be with all companies.

#19 3 years ago

Thanks for the respoms . I know a friend who oder the hobbit le before me and dont have as well yet so we have to wait and see when it do shows up. Hope it will come soon. Gr udo

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from udo:

so i order my hobbit le in 9.26.2013. as we all thought the hobbit where build faster then the woz we where cheated. but after 3 years i saw finally hobbit delivered to ppl on the hobbit owners tread. as i live in the netherlands (amsterdam) i new it would take some while
when the hobbit containers arrive here.
i kept saying to my self ...as long the machine arrive before christmas its fine. but gues what? i dint! so after 3 years and 4 month
still no hobbit machine. i think theres no excuse for this! am about to say jjp can shuffle the hobbit in his @.
so.... will it be 2017? well to the already owners i like to say...enjoy playing with christmas. will be next year for me and others.
merry christmas

Very interesting being your LE was ordered well before the standards and now LE black arrow editions.
Seems standards are available now from retailers.

Seems like Woz all over again.

#21 3 years ago

Merry Christmas my friend. I am sorry your Hobbit hasn't arrived yet.

LTG : )

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from udo:

so after 3 years and 4 month still no hobbit machine. i think theres no excuse for this!

I'm afraid I would have to agree. I waited patiently on the list for WOZ at the time and understood given it was the company's first machine. The Hobbit trilogy has pretty much come and gone and JJP is off promoting the new Dialed In.
Hard to understand why you don't have a machine after 3+ years.

When you do receive it, I hope it's as fun as the day I received WOZ. It was a special moment for sure.

1 month later
#23 3 years ago

Here an update on this toppic that i started. We are half way febr. And still no sign off hobbit. Just 2 weeks away and it will be 3,5 year ago that we orded. Me and others starting to worry about the money we invest 3,5 years ago. The most ennoying thing is that we ( me and my friend) dint recive a mail in since we orded and pay. No update about the hobbit at all only what we can see on this side. So nothing really to do then wait longer and see whats happen. On the bride side... i dont even remember how he played lol

#24 3 years ago

I have a big problem with the flaming torches thing -- it's as if someone at JJP woke up and said "let's put everyone ahead of udo today" or something which was clearly not the case. My bad for chiming in.

It's exactly that. I bought a hobbit straight in stock at a distributor. How is it possible for me to own one that was in stock if someone at jjp didn't decide to go ahead and push out Udo's prepaid order so a distributor could have them sitting in stock? They're so incredibly easy to get my local friend has bought 4 so far and traded them to route ops for great trades.

#25 3 years ago

When did you contact jjp last? I believe most have been able to get a response back in a very timely manner from jjp. That will answer all your questions and concerns. Just my 2 cents.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

When did you contact jjp last? I believe most have been able to get a response back in a very timely manner from jjp. That will answer all your questions and concerns. Just my 2 cents.

Agreed, call JJP and get an answer.

#27 3 years ago

Go shopping for HUO LOTR

#28 3 years ago

I havent contact jjp. I never hear from THE distributor. And he only had in december THE first shipment he said. But id o think iTS an good idea to contact jjp support and Lets see wacht they have to say. Thanks for THE comments.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from udo:

Here an update on this toppic that i started. We are half way febr. And still no sign off hobbit. Just 2 weeks away and it will be 3,5 year ago that we orded. Me and others starting to worry about the money we invest 3,5 years ago. The most ennoying thing is that we ( me and my friend) dint recive a mail in since we orded and pay. No update about the hobbit at all only what we can see on this side. So nothing really to do then wait longer and see whats happen. On the bride side... i dont even remember how he played lol

to be honest - its a crap machine anyway, cancel your order, get the money back and buy TWD or GB.

#30 3 years ago

JJP has always given me responses in a fairly timely manner but they have NEVER been pro-active about anything. Any time I have ever had an order or a ticket or anything with them... if I don't do all the legwork it doesn't get done.

I'd call them OP.

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

to be honest - its a crap machine anyway, cancel your order, get the money back and buy TWD or GB.

That was a very constructive, thoughtful response to someone who has been waiting 3,5 years for his machine.

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from karl:

That was a very constructive, thoughtful response to someone who has been waiting 3,5 years for his machine.

Its harsh, but its true. At this point Jack should upgrade him to a dialed in for free.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

GB is a dumpster filled with dog vomit. I cancelled my GB and got a Hobbit - and it's one of the best games I've ever played!

#34 3 years ago

Call JJP directly. Hobbit is a fantastic game.

#35 3 years ago

"Im going on a adventure"....Hobbit is the most immersive pinball game EVER made! If you havent played one in a home with the lights out and the sound around level 26 you HAVENT played the Hobbit in its glory. Im not really a JJP fan, owned a WOZ and disliked the theme/gameplay and dislike DI completely but the Hobbit is f'in great!

#36 3 years ago

Sounds more like your distributor is playing with you than jjp.

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

If you havent played one in a home with the lights out and the sound around level 26 you HAVENT played the Hobbit in its glory.

26!? Mine's at 37 with a subwoofer attached!!! I've dialed down the voice and fx volumes in the settings, as everything sounds mixed better that way. That way you can crank up the main volume a bit more and the music sounds more robust and incredible.

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

26!? Mine's at 37 with a subwoofer attached!!! I've dialed down the voice and fx volumes in the settings, as everything sounds mixed better that way. That way you can crank up the main volume a bit more and the music sounds more robust and incredible.

Wow really. Could you PM me or post picture of your audio settings. I have a subwoofer hooked up to but its alittle much when Smaug talks probably because of my audio settings.

#39 3 years ago

Call them, something isn't right

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Its harsh, but its true. At this point Jack should upgrade him to a dialed in for free.

He ordered from a distributor not directly from Jersey Jack. If the distributor is silent, that is not a JJP problem.

My advice to original poster is: Keep sending mails or phone your Distributor. Don't give up!

This thread is not a contest about what game is the best one. With that said, after one month with Ghostbusters premium I was so sick of it that I almost destroyed it. This has never happened to me before with any game. Disappointed with NIB games, yes. Physically ill because of it, no. So I am really hoping that Hobbit is a better choice for me, otherwise I am in deep trouble

Btw, I have also been waiting 3,5 years for mine, but it is supposed to be sent from my distributor tomorrow

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Wow really. Could you PM me or post picture of your audio settings. I have a subwoofer hooked up to but its alittle much when Smaug talks probably because of my audio settings.

Yup, no prob. I'll get it to you later. The default voices/fx are way too loud and you sacrifice the music by putting the volume at a comfortable level. Rebalancing it makes this game sound incredible.

#42 3 years ago

Plenty of other distributors have had many hobbits. You should have gotten it by now. Demand an answer or get a refund and go to any other distributor with hobbits on hand. You have to deal directly with your distributor as pinside rants won't help. Hobbit is worth getting in home. Twd and GB are great games to, no need to bash any of these titles. Hobbit truly is a different experience though. Good luck.

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from udo:

So, are you saying the distributor may be screwing you? He is the one you pre-paid for the game, not JJP...correct? Why not ask for a refund at this point?

This pre-pay crap has got to end doesn't it? I am tired of seeing people get stiffed.

#44 3 years ago

Are you based in Europe? I thought I was reading something bout a distributor there having some problems. Seemed like the distributor though not JJP.

#45 3 years ago

Hi UDO

I am also waiting of my 08/2013 ordered TH. Meanwhile I got the pin from a friend of mine but we are still waiting for my machine so that he has also a TH.
I bought via netherlands distributor. Last week I had contact with Jen and she told me that the second container for this distributor is on its way. So hopefully our TH are on board ... everything will become good !

Why dont buy a TH from a dealer with a stock ?
Easy ... actual the machine costs in Europe around 9 K EURO. We ordered in 2013 to a slightly different price ... no reason to spend more money than contracted.

Cheers
Tom

#46 3 years ago

Good to hear that we not the only one thats bin waiting this long. From what iv heard off ppl who ask the money back dint got back any respons. Lets hope the machine get deliverd at last. I surely lets you guys know. Thanks again for your comments. Gr udo

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Here you go! I recommend anyone with a Hobbit try my audio settings and see what you think. Voices even with music instead of louder. Fanfare and FX lower. Believe me, you still
Hear everything crystal clear - but the beautiful music takes center stage and you can turn it up without the voices and FX becoming so shrill. The red numbers are the ones I changed.

image (resized).jpeg

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Best wishes that you get your Hobbit soon, Udo! Are you really "Udo"? All my German school books as a kid, had the main characters "Ina and Udo", and never encountered one before this!

Maybe because he is Dutch not German....

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Here you go! I recommend anyone with a Hobbit try my audio settings and see what you think. Voices even with music instead of louder. Fanfare and FX lower. Believe me, you still
Hear everything crystal clear - but the beautiful music takes center stage and you can turn it up without the voices and FX becoming so shrill. The red numbers are the ones I changed.

Thanks! I'll give it a go and let you know what i think/hear. What does turning off the Maximum volume effect do?

EDIT: Sounds great Rare, thanks! Going to have to turn sub power down alittle and no way i can play at 36 its to loud for me, 32 is good in my small room. Did a quick test game and killed Smaug and shut it off before it sucked me into a hour game.

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Thanks! I'll give it a go and let you know what i think/hear. What does turning off the Maximum volume effect do?

I believe that's the volume boost that happens when you're in Multiballs. Even with it off, I feel like it's still happening during the Arkenstone modes. Those still get crazy loud... I'm OK with that though, I just didn't like it happening during all the multiballs.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Osaka
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside