(Topic ID: 331479)

Merry Go Round factory error?

By EMsInKC

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Match predictor (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaMoib.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from MarkG:

I believe it was to make the 0-9 unit harder to track and calculate the match at the end of the game. It was a way to better "randomize" the match. I think my Rack A Ball does the same thing.
    /Mark

I stumbled across this last week, on Bank-A-Ball, while trying to fix the bell for 5 point scoring. Saw the difference between the point scoring and bell ringing on the schematic and with a test lamp. Turns out my issue was too much travel on the clapper - it rested on the bell when the coil was energized.

But... then I checked out a few other machines’ schematics around the BaB timeframe and found a suprising variety of techniques to do, what John Osborne calls, “Match Mixing”. Of the six machines I looked at, there were five different techniques used… from point filtering to injecting additional signals such as a pulse from the 50 point relay and from the game feature circuits. Some machines drive the 0-9 unit with the 10 point relay instead of the 1 point relay...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaMoib.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/merry-go-round-factory-error?tu=DaMoib and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.