View topic image gallery

IMG_4811.JPG
IMG_4205.JPG
indoor-pub-and-bistro-tables.jpg
Mermaid-Ebay-Bidding.jpg
Treaty.jpg
Backglass.jpg
image-1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waltrr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

image-1.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I have a Hi Diver, Miss Annabelle and also the Universe and all 3 have similar backglass animation.
Also made an offer on the Mermaid but.... not enough. One day my playfield will find a home.
I'm in no rush.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Speaking of Resto Hardware, looks like they have a very nice Universe at the special price of $3395, but compared to what you get for 9k with this Mermaid it does seem like a bargain.
https://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod4810022&categoryId=cat5090025

Wow very nice machine!!

1 week later
#79 8 years ago

Nope, wasn't me....
I tried but my pockets weren't deep enough

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Sometimes when one sells at a healthy number like this another one shows up shortly after. You can hope anyway.

So true
And now my new Mermaid playfield heads back to the closet and hopefully for not as long as it's been in there already

#87 8 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Looks to me like the 2nd highest bidder was a human keyboard bidding and the winner was a Snipe Service doing the bidding in the final seconds (8100 and 9000 bid).
Sad to admit it but it looks like the seller knew his price point at $9K.

I thought the same thing and guessing the new owner is on Pinside too.
Congrats!!

Edited actually after a second thought, if the buyer put $10,000 in his sniper, it would have sold at the reserve of 9,
Sorry, I'm a bit shocked and wasn't thinking correctly, I was bidding on that dang thing too

#132 8 years ago
Quoted from Boatcat:

so it appears to me all the hobbyists remember that 1 auction

I don't think so.
15 or so years ago I watched a Mermaid Back box, painted brown, without the backglass, but with the animation sell for $3500.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waltrr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mermaid-up-for-bids-on-pinside?tu=waltrr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.