New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 254656)

Sale - 99 cent Casters

By Manimal

11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by GPS
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Annotation 2019-11-01 160819 (resized).png
    Menards (resized).JPG

#1 11 months ago

Menards has a 3 day sale going for in-stock items. I have several of these casters that I use to move pins around the shop, and they have them at $4.99 with a $4 rebate. I realize the rebate is a coupon for future purchases, but essentially the casters are 99 cents. If you needed a bunch, now is the time to buy them.
    Menards (resized).JPG

#2 11 months ago

Thought more folks would use these than me....

#3 11 months ago

Some people might not know what a Menards is.

Annotation 2019-11-01 160819 (resized).png
    #4 11 months ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

Thought more folks would use these than me....

I have 3 or 4 broken ones just like that from Harbor Freight! They can't support the weight of a pinball machine (for very long...). The HF ones are rated at 132 pounds, which is really borderline if you hit a bump or anything. The caster just falls apart, and you have to lift up that end of the machine to kick the remains of it out. <=== Personal experience! LOL
    They tend to disintegrate at the most inopportune times, leaving you with the machine wobbling on the other very overloaded casters. I have seen much heavier-duty looking versions of these, but they are $10-12 each. Probably worth it to buy the better ones!

#5 11 months ago
    Quoted from DCP:

I have 3 or 4 broken ones just like that from Harbor Freight! They can't support the weight of a pinball machine (for very long...). The HF ones are rated at 132 pounds, which is really borderline if you hit a bump or anything. The caster just falls apart, and you have to lift up that end of the machine to kick the remains of it out. &lt;=== Personal experience! LOL
    They tend to disintegrate at the most inopportune times, leaving you with the machine wobbling on the other very overloaded casters. I have seen much heavier-duty looking versions of these, but they are $10-12 each. Probably worth it to buy the better ones!

I had some of the Harbor Freight ones as well....they are quite a bit different. I have had a couple of sets of these for some time now, and I drag them all over my shop and haven't had an issue. I never looked at the weight rating, but I am sure it is more than 130 pounds.

Edit: Website says rated for 200lbs ea. But moot at this point, I believe the sale is over.

#6 11 months ago

I never remember to do my rebate. They count on folks like me forgetting about it.

#7 11 months ago

these do not support pins and legs slide off. ive tried them with lighter ss games as well. they just don't work.

#8 11 months ago

At the risk of being argumentative, I have used these for years to move pins around my basement. Now in all fairness the flooring is laminate and I am not moving them far but I have never had any failures or even near failures. Well I take that back!! I did use them to try and move a full 1” thick slate pool table at a clients home once and they had trouble. No trouble with pins. Thanks for the heads up. I have had a couple other pin type folks notice my casters and make the comment “great idea, never thought of that”. So great idea op!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,000.00
    Pinball Machine
    Arizona Pinball
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 1,099.00
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    $ 28.00
    Lighting - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    $ 7,295.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 53.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 28.95
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 19.95
    $ 94.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinfarmer Mods
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 229.99
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 199.99

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside