(Topic ID: 302207)

Memphis TN

By jandrea95

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

03934FE7-15D3-4956-B0CB-28B71EA50D12 (resized).jpeg
    316B133E-6515-4910-AEB0-5924C3204D8A (resized).jpeg
    #1 2 years ago

Hey guys/gals, heading to Memphis for a few days and was curious if there were any decent barcades close by to check out?

Thanks much

#2 2 years ago

One place to check out is Growlers:
    1911 Poplar Ave, Memphis, TN 38104
    You can check out the details on the location on the Pinside map at the link below:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/13669-growlers-memphis-tn

#3 2 years ago

Check out Nerd Alert while in town. No pins and its BYOB, but a good arcade ran by great folks.

Nerd Alert
    1061 Cooper St
    Memphis, TN 38104
    https://www.facebook.com/nerdalertmemphis/

2 months later
    #4 2 years ago

Whew! Memphis might be the hardest place to find a decent pinball place to play…

I’m in town to watch my daughter’s high school dance team perform at last night’s Liberty Bowl…they had team sightseeing all day today so I had lots of time to play some pinball!

I used pinside map to identify locations. Most haven’t been updated in years. So I decide I’m going to the one with the most games, Growlers. I walk into Growlers and it’s under construction. The guys there tell me that they took the pinballs out and put them in a renovated Sears building called Crosstown Concourse.

I arrive at Crosstown Concourse, and can’t find an arcade or any pinballs anywhere. So I stop at the security desk and ask the security guards. They say there is one, and points me in the direction. Low an behold, it’s an Elvis! Backbox lights out, no sound. But flipped good! I played one game and left.

Back in the car, I identify Garbaldi’s Pizza near the University as having games. I arrive just after lunch and the place looks empty. I walk in and view six pinballs sitting next to two arcades in the back! At the same time, the lady worker tells me the dining room is closed because of covid. Delivery or takeout only. I use their restroom and leave, coming to the conclusion that pinball will not be a part of this trip.

This was my first time to Memphis, and I enjoyed my time here. The bowl game was great (congrats Texas Tech!) and my daughter is having a blast with her friends. The people were great everywhere I went!
    Commissary BBQ’s pulled pork and ribs for the win!

03934FE7-15D3-4956-B0CB-28B71EA50D12 (resized).jpeg03934FE7-15D3-4956-B0CB-28B71EA50D12 (resized).jpeg316B133E-6515-4910-AEB0-5924C3204D8A (resized).jpeg316B133E-6515-4910-AEB0-5924C3204D8A (resized).jpeg
    #5 2 years ago

Memphis is in a bit of a transition period for location pinball. Growlers was the best spot for the past couple of years, but dyopp21 has recently moved his games to a new location. It’s a new bar called the Flip Side just across the street from Crosstown Concourse.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/all-praise-be-to-the-yoppsicle-/page/4#post-6653165

Come back and check it out when it opens next month!

#6 2 years ago

I’ve been to Memphis quite a bit, and…yes…there’s a serious shortage of pinball there. In a related issue, why isn’t there an Elvis pin at Graceland? I remember there was one there when Stern first released the game in 2004, but I don’t think there’s been one there for a long time. And since Graceland does a lot to bring other exhibits tangentially related to Elvis to their entertainment complex wouldn’t it be a good idea to host the traveling Rock n Roll and Pinball exhibit that was showcased at the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/memphis-tn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.