Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20180525_184154293 (resized).jpg
IMG_2994 (resized).JPG
IMG_2996 (resized).JPG
IMG_2976 (resized).JPG
IMG_2977 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slghokie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Picked up a Top Card, overall good condition. But the left flipper rubber melted onto the playfield. Anyone have experience removing...should I use heat or chemicals (alcohol, goof off, naptha, etc)? Any experience?

IMG_2977 (resized).JPGIMG_2977 (resized).JPG

IMG_2976 (resized).JPGIMG_2976 (resized).JPG

#3 6 years ago

Thanks Pinhead52! Did it this weekend and it came off. sadly still left a red stain, but the rest of the playfield is awesome so I can live with that.

#10 6 years ago

Will have to try the magic eraser trick and see if that gets the remaining red spot off

#13 6 years ago

Well, I took a little alcohol and ME to it and got the red tint out. Tried not to go too crazy. Either way you can tell something happened there. Looks good enough for me after novus and wax. Thanks for everyone's help. Before and after below....

IMG_2996 (resized).JPGIMG_2996 (resized).JPG

IMG_2994 (resized).JPGIMG_2994 (resized).JPG

#14 6 years ago

Yeah P2k/Alan. Folks I got it from said they pulled it off a carport. I expect the sun hit the glass at that spot for decent amount of time and caused the melt. Luckily it was not out there long enough to do any other major damage. Definitely the best playfield i have.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slghokie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/melted-flipper-rubber?tu=slghokie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.