7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by pinster68
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Texas_Pinball_Festival_001.JPG
    Texas_Pinball_pt_3_019.JPG
    NellieOnly_color_3-8.jpg

#1 7 years ago

Greg and I want to say thanks to all who stopped by our Whizbang booth to chat and play WNBJM. It's really nice to meet new friends that are enthusiastic about pinball and we appreciate all the positive comments about the game. Everyone who played it had fun and that was our goal, just good simple fun.

Unfortunately, one of our Melony standees was kidnapped Saturday night (Sunday morning) sometime between 2 am and 8am. We thought she would be safe in our booth behind game. Fortunately, though, we had tiny cameras hidden on her and we are watching! Also her melons are rigged with an explosive dye that when touched will spray the perp with a melon colored dye!

Dennis (and Greg)

NellieOnly_color_3-8.jpg

#2 7 years ago

your game is super cool. How someone could take your standee is ridiculous. Bad karma for that dude who ever they are.

#3 7 years ago

Hope you nail their arse to the wall when you figure out who it was.

#4 7 years ago

Who ever it was, they won't be able to show it off or try to sell it anywhere without getting caught. Sorry to hear about stuff like this happening in our hobby. Thanks for getting the word out Dennis and Greg. I'll definately keep an eye out for this.

#5 7 years ago

"Hey dude, I have an idea."
    "What?"
    "Let's sneak in to the pinball expo to steal... a cardboard standee!"

#7 7 years ago

some people!
    at what is he going to do with it, hide it for the rest of his life?

#8 7 years ago

Maybe the dude who was passed out in the hallway wandered in and thought she was real.

#9 7 years ago

last girl at the party

#10 7 years ago

Dennis, there were two Melony stand ups at Expo, correct? I noticed one in Marco's booth on Saturday after the banquet unless it was yours and someone moved it there.....

#11 7 years ago

Ha! Good one Tommi-Gunn!

#12 7 years ago

MrBally, the one in Marco's booth was still there Sunday morning. Just the one in our booth was missing.

#13 7 years ago

Unreal...what the heck is wrong with people? Hope she gets found, Dennis.

On another note, my son and I stopped by the booth and played WNBJM Friday night, and had a blast. Unfortunately, his Mom wouldn't let me buy him a t-shirt. Thanks for a great game!

#14 7 years ago

sorry to hear about melony. someone will see it somewhere.anyone stupid enough to take her will end up posting her on facebook or you tube.

#15 7 years ago

We did have Melony standees for sale at the this show and previous shows so there are people that own her legitimately. But there is one dude that will always feel guilty for doing the wrong thing. Perhaps he was drunk and found her in his bed the next morning. If she's not too damaged, we'd like to have her back, no hard feelings.

#16 7 years ago

Sorry for your loss, guys. There's always a bad apple in a bunch of dudes hanging out between 2am and 8am! Perhaps someone is going to mod their Bride of Pinbot with her?

"Finally, a real looker!"

#17 7 years ago

I wouldn't be so sure about that. That might be the motivation behind the theft. Make sure you put her under a black light if you get her back.

#18 7 years ago

It's unfortunate that one bad apple (melon?) spoils it for the rest.

Regarding your Whoa Nellie! game; I truly hope that this game gets mass produced as I'd love to add one to my collection. The cabinet alone is worthy of a purchase & is a true piece of art. Lastly, thanks for signing my purchase at your booth; it is really appreciated and is currently being admired by all in my home.

Best of luck to both you & Greg!

#19 7 years ago

The "hard feelings" hit me a soon as I punched the send button!

Thanks for the support, Krusty!

#20 7 years ago

Sorry to hear.

Not everyone goes to Expo with good intent.

It is sad that things need to be watched and stuff gets stolen.

I feel sorry for those that work hard to make Expo better and suffer losses there.

LTG

2 weeks later
    #21 7 years ago

Unfortunately, one of our Melony standees was kidnapped Saturday night (Sunday morning) sometime between 2 am and 8am.

That is Terrible man ,, Was she made of wood ? I Hi-jacked a Texas Pinballl Festival 2012 sign ,
    They were @ Every Entrance tho .. ( Card board ) Lil Piece of memorabilia .. I wanted the Big AC/DC banner , but Andrew from Marco said they had those made .. Sorry 4 Ya Loss Dennis !!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/live-from-texas-acdc-by-b_r

Texas_Pinball_pt_3_019.JPG Texas_Pinball_Festival_001.JPG

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

That is Terrible man , Was she made of wood ?

Read quickly there and thought you were saying something about her giving you wood...

#23 7 years ago

Is this the thread where we post FS posts for Juicy melons Standies?

#24 7 years ago

Actually Dennis' Melony pic above is pretty high rez (click on it). I've been messing with my printer to get a nice copy for the shop.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 115.00
    Playfield - Other
    Great American Pinball
    $ 135.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    Lit Frames
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Pimp
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 235.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 29.04
    Playfield - Plastics
    F14 Tomcat Slingshots Out of stock
    Pinball-Mods.com
    Playfield - Protection
    Pinball Haus
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 395.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    M&M Mods
    $ 104.00
    Boards
    nvram.weebly.com
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 6.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside