1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by 3pinballs
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

457DBD1D-6990-427F-9351-DE92139A6D00 (resized).jpeg

#1 1 year ago

I hope I have listed this question in the correct section.

I was wondering if anyone has used Meguiars gold class carnauba plus wax when waxing their playfield. I had some in the garage although thought I would check before using it.

457DBD1D-6990-427F-9351-DE92139A6D00 (resized).jpeg
    #3 1 year ago

Looked up the MSDS for this product.
    Main ingredient is Petroleum Distillate 30% to 60%, 3rd on list is Dimeethylsiloxane which is a form of Silicone Oil. Doesn't state that there is even Carnauba in that product, unless the % of Carnauba is a trade secret.

#4 1 year ago

That's the exact stuff I have used for years on my cars and my playfields. Works great on both!

#5 1 year ago

I actually just put this on my NIB Aerosmith LE and it seems to be fine. The playfield is nice and slick. But yeah I'm wondering if It's the best stuff for a pinball machine or not. I may start using the Blitzwax that so many on pinside seem to use.

#6 1 year ago

Thanks for all the great feedback and research. Don’t think I will risk using this and will buy something that is used by others. I don’t want to stuff up my playfield so abit cautious.

#7 1 year ago

I’ve been using this wax for the last 7 or 8 years. On hundreds of playfields. Absolutely no ill effects to speak of. I’m very happy with the results.

People mention it has too much silicone. The only concern I have with silicone is how hard it is to remove if I wanted to clear coat a playfield. You have to be thorough with the naphtha or wax and grease remover. No big deal, I do the same thing when I paint a car or motorcycle.

#8 1 year ago

I use Meguiars stuff as well.

If it’s good enough for my car, it’s good enough for my pinball machines.

rd

#9 1 year ago

This is the same brand I use on all refurbished machines with no visible harm that I have seen.

Use it sparingly though only for the reason that too much applied leads to it being picked up by the ball and accumulating in the grooves of star posts which is an absolute pain to clean them off in situ.

#10 1 year ago

If it has silicone, don’t use it on playfields that may need to be restored. The silicon will cause adhesion issues with the new finish, like fish eye. There are better pure carnuba alternatives. I use P21S.

#11 1 year ago

I use this as well on vehicle and playfields. One or two coats is all you need, any more and you pull the wax off.

#12 1 year ago

I use 1 Grand Blitz Carnuba from Pinball Life and it's great.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 10.50
    Playfield - Protection
    The MOD Couple
    $ 218.00
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 85.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 12.95
    $ 179.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 99.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 12.50
    $ 10.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside