Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by DorkVonWaterfall
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F1E00B23-7C7B-4BDF-A085-39E31779E20F (resized).jpeg
    C8A42185-9169-4CB3-82EC-F543610E8017 (resized).jpeg
    00CFCD35-9A21-431D-B279-A5F2DCF3F0A2 (resized).jpeg

#1 8 months ago

I know waxes have been discussed on numerous occasions although I wanted to check and see if anyone is using Meguiar's Gold Class Carnauba Paste Wax.
    Looking for any feedback or concerns as I need to purchase some new wax and noticed that it was on sale at my local auto parts store.

#2 8 months ago

Everybody has their favorites, as you’ll soon read, but I’ve used it for the last decade on hundreds of machines. Zero complaints. I like the stuff.

#3 8 months ago
    Quoted from MrArt2u:

Everybody has their favorites, as you’ll soon read, but I’ve used it for the last decade on hundreds of machines. Zero complaints. I like the stuff.

Fantastic. Thanks for such a quick response.

#4 8 months ago

Shines like glass!!!!

00CFCD35-9A21-431D-B279-A5F2DCF3F0A2 (resized).jpegC8A42185-9169-4CB3-82EC-F543610E8017 (resized).jpeg
    #5 8 months ago

Another vote in favour of it - great product. Works well on cars too!

#6 8 months ago

I have used it and it does leave a nice finish. I have switched though to Mother's Gold Carnuaba but like someone else said we all like what we like!

#7 8 months ago

Been using the paste version since my first machine in 2013.

#8 8 months ago

Awesome stuff !!! I have bought several different waxes and I like the way this one shines and buffs off . Plus I like the smell of it , but I’m a car guy

#9 8 months ago

I've been doing paint work for auto dealers for over twenty years. That's the wax I've been using for the last ten. I use it on all my games also.

#10 8 months ago

Thanks for everyone’s feedback. I have now brought some and can’t wait to start using it.

#11 8 months ago

I use it, works great. Use the same stuff on my cars

I use the paste, not the liquid.

#12 8 months ago

I use it on my cars, but not my machine. I’m stupid and use Zaino wax system for the pinball machine. Takes a lot more time, but for me it doesn’t leave any residue and lasts longer.

#13 8 months ago
    Quoted from Pressure:

Zaino wax system

Never heard of that one but I'll look it up. I've used a lot of different ones over the years and honestly some work better on em's than on modern pins and visa versa or so it seems to me.

#14 8 months ago

I just used that same Meguire’s on my wintertime lawn mower cleanup.

F1E00B23-7C7B-4BDF-A085-39E31779E20F (resized).jpeg
    #15 8 months ago

Good for playfield protectors too?

#16 8 months ago
    Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall:

Good for playfield protectors too?

NO

#17 8 months ago

Using liquid waxes instead of paste is more prevalent than I would have thought on pinball machines. You are using a product that has much higher concentrations of petroleum distillates that can harm/cloud playfields and plastics. Stick with the carnauba paste in the plastic tub or can.

1 week later

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside