View topic image gallery

IMG_20170928_194141627 (resized).jpg
Megatouch (resized).jpg
006 (resized).JPG
004 (resized).JPG
jvl (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
s-l225 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pomc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 6 years ago

Here's a tip, disconnect the small but LOUD cooling fans inside the cabinet. Damn things are so loud in a home environment and I never had a lick or trouble after disconnecting them.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The biggest failures in these units are the motherboards and hard drives.... and you are taking away their cooling. And what kills PF hardware better than anything else? Heat

Like I said, never had a problem and owned several units for many years. I also wasn’t running my Megatouch games nonstop on location. Do whatever you want, but I preferred a quiet system.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Also, has anyone upgraded their Hard drive to SSD and is the performance/speed gain worth it?

Adding memory will noticeably improve performance. Not sure a HD swap would be worth the effort though. Just make sure you have the memory maxxed out on the motherboard - that old RAM is dirt cheap.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pomc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/megatouch?tu=pomc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.