View topic image gallery

IMG_20170928_194141627 (resized).jpg
Megatouch (resized).jpg
006 (resized).JPG
004 (resized).JPG
jvl (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
s-l225 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 6 years ago

I just picked up a Megatouch ION from Kingpin games (Thanks Chris!) and I'm really enjoying it so far! It is loud though and I would like to upgrade to quieter fans. What are you guys recommending for fans on this model?-would you mind sharing part numbers or other info? The loudest is the one above the heatsync on the CPU but I may as well replace all of the fans with quieter units.

Also, has anyone upgraded their Hard drive to SSD and is the performance/speed gain worth it?

thanks!

I included a pic of the inside of my Megatouch for reference

Megatouch (resized).jpgMegatouch (resized).jpg

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Adding memory will noticeably improve performance. Not sure a HD swap would be worth the effort though. Just make sure you have the memory maxxed out on the motherboard - that old RAM is dirt cheap.

Thank you! I do have 512mb of Memory which I read was the max that the system supports. I also ordered some quieter fans to help improve with the decibel level.

Has anyone ever had problems with games freezing up? Whenever I launch either of the Beer Pong games it starts loading and then freezes.-I have to reboot before I can do anything again. I disabled those games in the menu for now. I've also had a few instances where the system wouldn't boot with a D-Sub error which means it's not sending an output to the LCD monitor. If I re-seat the RAM and some of the connectors it seems to solve it. Hopefully it doesn't become a bigger issue in the future. Anyone else experience either of these issues and have any suggestions? thanks!

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

50mmx10mmx10mm

Thanks! That is the right size for 2 of the 3 fans. I think the CPU cooler fan is a 60mm.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

Its probably something with the motherboard if it freezes up and will only get worse. I don't know how to troubleshoot that but I could refer you to somebody who fixes them. I would let the guy know who you recently purchased it from.

Hopefully that's not the case but if it is I know Kingpin Games will take care of me! Chris is a great distributor and his support is second to none. I know he's got a bunch of Megatouch's in stock (as well as hundred of other games) so if you are looking for something like this for your arcade give him a call. I'm really happy with the Megatouch. It's the perfect game for the home bar in my game room. My 3 year old is also having a ton of fun on it!

IMG_20170928_194141627 (resized).jpgIMG_20170928_194141627 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/megatouch?tu=mikes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.