5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Gexchange
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

#1 5 years ago

I have had my Megatouch RX for many years with no issues. Yesterday we went to play for the first time in months and the games play fine but there is no sound. I turned the sound all the way up in the setup menu but still no sound. I also plugged headphones into the jack on the board inside and no sound through there either.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Regards
Ed

#2 5 years ago

You have a bad I/O board. Dave at the Megatouch store has them cheap enough. Kinda sucks. Good thing is your touchscreen is good. We have a pile of RXs in the shop that need that touchscreen. It’s around $500.

#3 5 years ago

Thanks...I will reach out to him and see if he has that board. I checked his website and there is only one I/O board there and not sure if it is the one for an RX.

Regards
Ed

#4 5 years ago

So Try a dip switch 4 and 7 reset and a 6 and 8 reset. Let me know if you need instructions on how to do this

this will return it to factory defaults and clear anything.. Ive seen this fix this problem, other thing ive seen fix the issue is to reload the software. If that's bad, I don't think I/O I think Motherboard.

JJ

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

So Try a dip switch 4 and 7 reset and a 6 and 8 reset. Let me know if you need instructions on how to do this
this will return it to factory defaults and clear anything.. Ive seen this fix this problem, other thing ive seen fix the issue is to reload the software. If that's bad, I don't think I/O I think Motherboard.
JJ

I considered the 2 switch reset, but if I recall, it never seemed to right many wrongs on the Ion platform as much as it corrected on the Force stuff.

The software reinstall is probably a good try before you order an I/O board. Surprisingly, the RX motherboards were pretty reliable. Much better than the Auroras and other Ions. I wish we had never bought those RXs. That’s when Merits stopped earning. 15 years ago we had 100 on the route. Today I have 3!

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

I considered the 2 switch reset, but if I recall, it never seemed to right many wrongs on the Ion platform as much as it corrected on the Force stuff.
The software reinstall is probably a good try before you order an I/O board. Surprisingly, the RX motherboards were pretty reliable. Much better than the Auroras and other Ions. I wish we had never bought those RXs. That’s when Merits stopped earning. 15 years ago we had 100 on the route. Today I have 3!

Ive had great luck with the 2 switch resets on Aurora's and a few on RX's I own quite a few Aurora's plus we were a stocking dealer / Warranty server center for them back in the day

#7 5 years ago

If I say the earth isn’t flat, are you going to try to contradict me?

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

If I say the earth isn’t flat, are you going to try to contradict me?

Sorry Didn't mean to be a dick. I owe you 2 beers if a see you at a show!

JJ

2 weeks later
#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

So Try a dip switch 4 and 7 reset and a 6 and 8 reset.

That solved my issue. Thanks JJ! It was the 4 and 7 reset that did it.

Thanks again!
Ed

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

That solved my issue. Thanks JJ! It was the 4 and 7 reset that did it.
Thanks again!
Ed

No problem! Let me know if you got any other issues

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/megatouch-rx-no-sound?hl=ryanbrooks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.