Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Don44
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    AD7D4708-1463-4D41-871C-2C61F21ABD2D (resized).jpeg
    5C7BA697-4364-4A0D-9F29-9229C280D8E5 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    9B604AED-CA3B-4791-A573-E12E8AB22789 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mjw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 5 years ago

I have a similar model that I bought at Ohio pinball show. Works .. Don't know much about it. Didn't even know it had a battery.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #10 5 years ago
    Quoted from eharan:

I have the same model with the exact same issue, turn power on and all I get is the dollar bill acceptor making noise and then the green light in the the DBA. Looks like there is no battery in the machine. Would like to try the pins trick to jump start it but have no idea what pins to touch. This is a picture of the inside of machine. Any idvice would’ve appreciated!
    [quoted image]

Did some research online and it appears when the security key battery dies on these machines they no longer function. Some guy posted a work around to get system working but way over. My head. That really sucks.

#12 5 years ago

Did more research and confirmed these units will not operate once security key battery dies due to encryption. There is a guy who posted free hack info on you tube to put encryption on hard drive for games with 2011 software only. He also sells the service on ebay for $125 for people without the skill to hack. Without this upgrade these machines will not work once the security key battery dies. Wish. Would have know this when I bought my unit.

#14 5 years ago

I'm going to bite the bullet and do the $125 hard drive upgrade. I only paid $300 for the unit so I'm not in too deep.

2 weeks later
    #15 5 years ago

New hard drive boots faster,more responsive and security key not connected with battery life. Did have a problem where machine constantly beeps and picture of magnifying glass. No boot. Fix was to reseat the two sticks of ram on right side of the motherboard. Got hard drive from arcade cabinets .com. Hope this helps somebody.

#16 5 years ago
    image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mjw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/megatouch-not-posting-please-help?tu=mjw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.