(Topic ID: 242509)

Megatouch Force 2006 won't start up

By Ridgeman58

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Hi All,
    I have a Megatouch Force 2006 that has an intermittent problem. Occasionally when I turn on the machine i get a 1 long, 2 short beeps then constant beeps with nothing on the display. Sometimes when I reseat the SIM card it works. Other times when I unplug and replug the video connectors it works.

I can't find beep codes specific to the game.

Can anyone out there point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,
    Scott

#2 4 years ago

Search Mike Keryeski. I think I found him on eBay. He was a wealth of information and help when my 2006 went down.
    If you haven't already, test the battery. If it's bad, this could be your problem There are procedures you can Google online on how to jump start the game once the battery is dead.

#3 4 years ago

Have you checked to see if your mother board is fully seated. They can be tricky as I had a similar problem and it turned out my MB was not properly seated.

#4 4 years ago

I think I recently replaced the battery. I'll check it though.

Thanks for the input!

Scott

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Have you checked to see if your mother board is fully seated. They can be tricky as I had a similar problem and it turned out my MB was not properly seated.

I did not know it had to be "seated". Is that in a connector? I'll check that out as well.

Thanks!

#6 4 years ago

The mother board is a plug-in card with edge connections similar to pins. Do not take it out or put it in with the power on.

1 month later
    #7 4 years ago

check for bulging caps on the mother board too. if you see them, they need to be replaced.

#8 4 years ago

Caps look good

Thanks

#9 4 years ago

RWH - My MB does not have edge connectors. Instead it has headers for ribbon cable. I re-seated them once and it worked, but the last time I tried it, it didn't work. The ribbon cable runs under the MB. I think I will buzz out the cable to make sure there are no broken conductors.

Thanks

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/megatouch-force-2006-won-t-start-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.