11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by hlaj78
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DarkWizard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 6 years ago

Sorry for the thread Necromancy here. I just picked up a 2005.5 (I believe, I am not 100% sure anymore since it wont boot)
    I am having the exact same issue as the OP.

Full story : When I got it from my brother-in-law it would load up ok, but then freeze whenever you hit the touch screen. After a while it would unfreeze, and the demo would start again, but whenever you touched it it just froze.

I hooked up a keyboard and looked at the bios, I didn't change anything other than updating the date, I also had a serial mouse that I plugged in to try and get somewhere else in the menu. So I updated the date to today and rebooted. At one point it said it was making some changes for the touchscreen (I assume because of the serial mouse instead of the proper touch screen) so I restarted and plugged the normal touch screen cable for the mouse part in. Now all it does is keep going through all the checks which are "ok" it gets to some login prompt which then promptly says "REBOOTING TO PERFORM SYSTEM MAINTENANCE..." before restarting. And it just keeps looping now, it wont even get into the menu.

#9 6 years ago

With some internet searching and advice from a seller on ebay. Setting jumpers 4 and 7 on the IO board to "reset" the hard drive data actually worked. My Megatouch Force 2005.5 is now working perfectly. Now I just have to decide if I want to upgrade it to 2011 software, which would cost me about $200 for a disk and the security key. I am not sure what all is different if it's worth the money to upgrade or not.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DarkWizard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/megatouch-2007-help?tu=DarkWizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.