pasted_image (resized).png
0209211604 (resized).jpg
0207210907 (resized).jpg
0207210904_HDR (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

To keep this out of the main R&M club thread here are the updates on our Megaseed Tree support. This removes the support of the upper ramp being just the megaseed tree "planted" on the plastic below and bolts it to the playfield with a hex post supporting the ramp and the tree just being a decoration. We're looking in to a top which would hide the screw and complete the look but unsure if we will complete that since there exists something similar already.

Here is the look of our tree, we're working on making it quite detailed. It will be printed in a base of pink and I think we'll work on some shading to match the game. Oddly the game art seems to differ from the show art so open to any opinions on what people are interested in.

0207210904_HDR (resized).jpg0207210904_HDR (resized).jpg0207210907 (resized).jpg0207210907 (resized).jpg0209211604 (resized).jpg0209211604 (resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

Here's sort of where it sits right now. We have some tests going on for the branches/seeds and a few colors to test. Going to test some airbrushing to get the main trunk of the tree to have some shading like in the show. Still waiting on hardware to arrive anyhow so got a bit of time.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3 3 years ago

Doing some paint testing. Blur effect not on purpose.

#4 3 years ago

I think we're close. This is a raw tree and seeds so they would need to be painted. Two size seeds, testing what works best. Of course the whole top would be filled with seeds. Magnetic center cover. Here's your chance to comment.

#5 3 years ago

I think it looks great. Knowing that I will be getting this now that there is a breakage issue with the original, I wish I had not bought the Mod Couple top. Oh well, won't be the first time I've wasted money just to upgrade later. Great job!

#6 3 years ago

Not bad.... how many seeds will be on there total?

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I think it looks great. Knowing that I will be getting this now that there is a breakage issue with the original, I wish I had not bought the Mod Couple top. Oh well, won't be the first time I've wasted money just to upgrade later. Great job!

I have a box of old mods... of course many of our tests and concepts but then also other people. You can always list stuff for sale here.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Not bad.... how many seeds will be on there total?

Looking at that now. I think like 13 seems to be what looks right without overcrowding.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I think we're close. This is a raw tree and seeds so they would need to be painted. Two size seeds, testing what works best. Of course the whole top would be filled with seeds. Magnetic center cover. Here's your chance to comment. [quoted image]

I like it.
For me it's enough transformation to change a ramp column into a megaseedtree.

#10 3 years ago

That's a lotta seeds to adhere. I really hate that the game has blue "branches" and the show has purple. WHY!?

Anyhow, testing sizes and such. Feel free to give feedback, I have some changes to make. I think maybe too many seeds, too large and too long of branch.

#11 3 years ago

I'll go with just a tad too many perhaps - but it looks nice!

#12 3 years ago

I like it. How do I purchase it?

#13 3 years ago

I think it looks good, but I also think a few less seeds would look better. I count maybe 14 or 15 there? Maybe try 10 and see how that looks. Just a thought.

#14 3 years ago

Yeah, agreed, trying 10. I think they can be slightly smaller too. Thanks!

Quoted from Jigz:

I'll go with just a tad too many perhaps - but it looks nice!

Quoted from Calfdemon:

I think it looks good, but I also think a few less seeds would look better. I count maybe 14 or 15 there? Maybe try 10 and see how that looks. Just a thought.

Not yet available, soon. All the hardware arrived, now just to make it look right.

Quoted from Jecco74:

I like it. How do I purchase it?

#15 3 years ago

Would def order some, looks cool. I don’t do mods much either

#16 3 years ago

Keep me on the list too!

#17 3 years ago

I want one too when you're ready. Thanks!

#18 3 years ago

I like it a lot, well done.

#19 3 years ago

I think this is basically it. Need a few small technical adjustments. Ignore the single pink nut... lost one of my purple ones

We'll do a bit of airbrushing on this one and post a final pic and list it for sale shortly. Next week is a short week for us and we're working on WoZ Munchkinland Huts so probably can get them out until the following week.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I think this is basically it. Need a few small technical adjustments. Ignore the single pink nut... lost one of my purple ones
We'll do a bit of airbrushing on this one and post a final pic and list it for sale shortly. Next week is a short week for us and we're working on WoZ Munchkinland Huts so probably can get them out until the following week. [quoted image]

10 spread out looks much better. Great job!

#21 3 years ago

I think we have a winner.

#22 3 years ago

Have at it. All the readers here getting priority before I post this anywhere else. Looking at 2-3 weeks to produce as I assume we'll get an onslaught of orders and they are quite finicky to put together. LOTS of Megaseeds.

https://pinballmods.co/rick-and-morty-pinball-mods/megaseed-tree-ramp-support

BeautyShot (resized).jpgBeautyShot (resized).jpg

#23 3 years ago

Ordered! Thanks for making this upgrade!

#24 3 years ago

Did I read the instructions correctly that this involves drilling both the plastic and the playfield to install?

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Did I read the instructions correctly that this involves drilling both the plastic and the playfield to install?

That's how I read and understand it. You're transferring the mounting point from the plastic to the playfield via a long metal standoff. The standoff has to past through the plastic, so you have to drill the plastic, then it mounts to the playfield, where no prior mount existed. Sounds adventurous!!!

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

That's how I read and understand it. You're transferring the mounting point from the plastic to the playfield via a long metal standoff. The standoff has to past through the plastic, so you have to drill the plastic, then it mounts to the playfield, where no prior mount existed. Sounds adventurous!!!

Exactly. That's basically the point of the mod, so the ramp is supported by something solid. The plastic has the option of not being drilled (there are existing holes which could work for you). The playfield needs one 1/16" or something (I will post specific instructions) drilled for the metal post. This is under the plastic, hidden away. I'll do an install video so you can decide if it is something you want to do.

1 week later
#27 3 years ago

Here is the install video if you want to judge the drilling requirements. Shipping will be happening this week, just finishing up the first batch.

#28 3 years ago

Dumb question. I don't have my machine yet. I do have the pinball life wire form to replace the ramp. Will this mod still work with the wire form?

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Dumb question. I don't have my machine yet. I do have the pinball life wire form to replace the ramp. Will this mod still work with the wire form?

Yeah, they are not right next to each other. Both will work together with no issues as there is plenty of room.

4 months later
#30 2 years ago

Installed your Megaseed tree upgraded support yesterday. Mod looks great and works well. Instructions were easy to follow. My newly drilled hole centered evenly within the existing 3 holes (for the original tree) in the plastic, resulted in my pf hole to be too close to the center star post and RGB light. No alignment issues with the plastic ramp at all. Solution was reducing the supplied thin plastic post to nicely fit both pre-existing items. Wubba, lubba, dub, dub!

#31 2 years ago

Just ordered! can't wait tp get it installed!

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from slawnski:

Just ordered! can't wait tp get it installed!

Packing it up right now

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sleepy Hollow, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Colts Neck, NJ

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/megaseed-tree-upgraded-support-rick-amp-morty-by-pmc?hl=jenniebear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.