• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Timerider
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Hi,
My machine had been working, it still does all the lights flash and scores get recorded. However, I cannot get the balls to pop up when the button is pushed to start. I also only see one ball when I open the door of the machine. Where could the other ball be and how can I get them. I have attached a picture of the door?
I am not really mechanical but am willing to try. If I cannot fix this myself, does anyone know of someone near Columbus, Ohio that fixes pinball machines? I have another one that isn't working but did.
Thanks
Beth
[email protected]

#2 4 years ago

Take lockdown bar off, slide glass of and set some where safe. Lift playfield up and see where balls roll out of or make noise.

If stuck under a plastic or something. Free them. If they don't kick out of something. Then it's time to pull fuses and check with a meter to see if you blew one.

LTG : )

#3 4 years ago

Medusa is a single-ball game. (only one is installed)
So I would assume you're seeing the ball sitting in the outhole. And it's not kicking the ball over to the shooter lane, at start of game???
1) Dirty/misaligned switch in outhole.
2) Bad coil for outlane.
3) Bad transistor that powers the outlane coil (or it's controlling IC).

If you don't already have the manual, go get it at www.ipdb.org and follow the test diagnostics to test the switch and the coil.

You should be able to clean/adjust is a switch maybe. Coils & board work is more involved. But you should have plenty of pinball folks in your area that can help too.

Good luck.

#4 4 years ago

Medusa only has one ball

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from jj44114:

Medusa only has one ball

Then check fuses first.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Then check fuses first.

Ahh.. yeah, good catch. I was kinda of thinking the other coils were firing (if the ball was manually tossed around the playfield).
Again... test mode would indicate if no coils were firing; and therefore check fuse(s)?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 195.00
$ 90.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Shark

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Point, UT
$ 139.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medusa-the-button-that-pushes-the-ball-up-broken and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.