Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by BigAl56
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

The 4th digit from the right is the only one working on my 6 digit display.

Swapped out a 7 digit and it was fine, so it's not the signal or harness. Also put that display on a 7 digit harness, and still just the one digit working.

Considering swapping out the 14543 as I can't see any one component that may impact the other 5 digits and find it hard to believe something in each of those circuits has gone but not in that one circuit.

Reflowed entire display, too.

Suggestions? TIA

#3 3 years ago

Thanks, but it was this - never would have considered this, glad I found it!

Removed the two transistors for #4 and the rest fired up. Moved the two transistors from #6 (not used in Medusa) to #4 now all good!

https://web.archive.org/web/20161201081113/http://stevekulpa.net/pinball/bally_disp6r.htm

"One digit is very bright, and the rest are out

I which I could remember the name of the guy that told me this, but I can't - sorry. Anyways, if you have one digit that's very bright and all the rest are out, simply replace the digit driver and level shifter transistors for that digit. Turns out sometimes a short transistor will draw so much current that there's not enough left to drive the remaining digits, and so they all go blank. Just use the chart above to determine which transistors to replace. "

#4 3 years ago

The 100k digit enable circuit resistors are notorious for failing causing digits to go out. Big Daddy has a kit that comes with new 1/2w resistors that may fix the problem.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 139.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 22.50
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Point, UT
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Shark

£ 195.00
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medusa-six-digit-display-only-one-digit-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.