8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

targets.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdogfunk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 8 years ago

Thanks for the link to the translucent targets! Mine are all non-translucent replacements. I have a Medusa problem as well. My lamps under the flippers went out (I think at the same time as 4 lamps in the upper left PF GI behind the saucer which I also can't solve) and I've been trying to correct the problem with no luck. I watched a video on youtube and it looks like the flipper lamps are GI, but switch off when the flipper buttons are pressed. I have scoured the schematics and I cannot find any mention of the flipper lamps on the lamp driver or aux driver board pages. Does anyone have any info on the switching flipper lamps and where they connect further upstream?

My 4 GI lamp issue may be a bad ground, but I can't get back under it to even check. Flipper lamps have been out for months and I've been scratching my head over it for the last week trying to get it working again.

Thanks!

Ryan

#14 8 years ago

Thank you, that was exactly the problem! A wire was off on that switch and now BOTH the flipper lamps and upper left pf GI are working again. At last!!! Man, that feels good to finally have that fixed!!

3 weeks later
#20 8 years ago

Ok Medusa folks, I am having some sudden problems with my Medusa. I had recently fixed the switched flipper lights/GI from a broken wire, but that popped loose again due to a less than stellar soldering job, which I have since fixed properly and is working fine. While I was under there, I discovered that the shield of the gods plunger assembly bracket was loose and the upper right slingshot was so loose, it was being held on with threads of one of the three screws!! I tracked down one of the two missing screws inside the cabinet and could not find the other (even using a mirror and magnet looking under the power board and under the wood slats), so I used a spare screw I had and tightened everything back up and all was well.

I noticed a couple of feature lamps out and I powered down and wiggled the connector on the lamp driver board and that brought them back to life. Everything seemed normal at this point, so I put the game back in place and went on to fix another game.

Then last night, a friend and I went down to play a couple of games, the game booted and we had 2 players set and he launches ball 1 and starts in the upper playfield and as soon as the zipper flippers closed in, the flippers stopped working (trapping the ball right at the zipper flippers) and the pf display started showing random garbled numbers. I quickly powered down and waited a second and tried again, but this time, the GI was on, and I heard one chirp from the game, but then nothing happened. It would not finish the boot sequence. I decided to leave it alone for the night and mess with it when I got home from work.

Tonight, I fired up the game and it booted fine! But then all of a sudden the flippers stopped again mid game. I powered down and checked all fuses and they tested fine out of the game. I powered on and then the MPU would not boot and the MPU LED was on solid. I powered down, waited a min and tried again and it booted fine! Now it always boots, BUT the front left pop bumper won't fire and the out hole switch is not activating when a ball drains. Once in awhile, it will discover the ball and advance to the next ball in play, but at this point, it's not working normally and I'm not sure where to look next.

What would cause a pop bumper to just stop working (I checked the switch gap and with the game on and pf propped up, I could not get the pop to fire when fiddling with the switch. Same with the out hole switch. I cleaned it with 91% alcohol on a business card and it won't activate like it should.

I'm stumped!

Thank you for any guidance!!

Ryan

#23 8 years ago

Well, the pop bumper and out hole kicker work in test mode, but then not in game play. So, I reseated all of the MPU connectors and it seems to have solved the problem! Good to go for now.

Thank you!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
£ 195.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Point, UT
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 139.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Shark

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdogfunk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medusa-questions?tu=gdogfunk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.