Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Manu2
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

My medusa back drops started acting flaky. I removed them - a couple bad solder joints and contacts out of alignment. I have to tweak those back targets every so often.

Here is my question and I never noticed it before. When the two green targets behind the drops are hit, the lights on the whole playfield do a little flash or at least dim for a millisecond. The center red target doesn't cause the lights to dim/flicker. It may have been there all along since I did the pf swap a couple of years back but just started noticing it after tweaking the back drops this time. I am using LEDs throughout the pf and bg.

Is this normal or do I likely have a wiring issue somewhere? I checked on line for videos of game play but could not find one that replicated what I am seeing.

thanks,

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from StratDoc:

Is this normal or do I likely have a wiring issue somewhere?

It's normal. When you hit those rear green "A" or "B" standup targets when they're already lit, all playfield lamps switch off for about a quarter of a second.

#3 4 years ago

Great! Thanks, I had really never noticed it before but was testing the drops before connecting them to the pf so the pf was up and it was really noticeable.

#4 4 years ago

I have certain events on my Medusa where the displays also blank out for a quarter of a second. It seemed unusual but I never looked into it though. Does the same ever happen on yours?

Typically happens when shooting the ball through the left or right side lanes to the upper playfield area. Also when counting down the seconds in extended play from memory??

#5 4 years ago

I have never noticed the displays blanking but will try to cause it based on the information you provided and post back.

#6 4 years ago

Actually the displays blanking might even happen on the same event that causes the two rear green standups to blank all lamps. I can't check it right now though

#7 4 years ago

I never got around to checking the display issue today. Keep having to tinker with the rear drops. I went ahead and ordered new 7 new switches. The ones I have for some reason don't want to make consistently good contact. Targets drop but sometimes don't register unless I manually push on the switch.

3 months later
#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

I have certain events on my Medusa where the displays also blank out for a quarter of a second. It seemed unusual but I never looked into it though. Does the same ever happen on yours?
Typically happens when shooting the ball through the left or right side lanes to the upper playfield area. Also when counting down the seconds in extended play from memory??

The same on mine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 69.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Shark

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Point, UT
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 139.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 22.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 195.00
$ 10.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medusa-question-standup-targest-behind-drops and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.