6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Venom_249
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stratdoc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I finally have found time to start working on a Medusa project.

The first thing I did was unplug all connections and check the voltage board and it checked out fine. I then plugged in the solenoid driver board and the high voltage fuse blew. I did a complete rebuild of the high voltage section and connected the voltage board to the solenoid board and the high voltage fuse did not blow and the voltages on the board were correct and stable.

I reconnected all the boards and the displays and powered on the game. The varistor in the cabinet blew. I can get another 130vac varistor but am concerned as to why it would blow with all the boards connected. No fuses on the voltage or solenoid boards blew. Just the varistor.

#3 6 years ago

I will get one and post back. Also did not realize it at the time but it also caused my fuse box breaker to trip.

1 week later
#4 6 years ago

Replaced the varistor and everything on the power side is fine. Game boots, no blown fuses, and goes into attract mode.

The displays are acting strange. It is not so much a flicker as it is garbled numbers running across the displays. I reflowed the solder joints on a couple of the displays but no change.

Also, I cannot get any solenoids to fire even when touching a ground wire to the transistor.

#6 6 years ago

Thanks. I should have known.

Replaced the blown fuse and powered it and fuse blew again. Short somewhere.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Point, UT
$ 199.95
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

£ 195.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 139.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Shark

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stratdoc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medusa-project?tu=stratdoc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.