ZipperFlipper_Left.jpg
20231125_102542 (resized).jpg
20231107_203750 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20230910_132411 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#91 10 years ago

Not taking "orders", we are taking Requests......

Quoted from pinster68:

Fantastic news Medusa fans ... CPR is taking orders for playfields!

#94 10 years ago

Me either!....I can't wait to restore my Medusa with a new CPR Playfield!....Jim Heck does an awesome job on the artwork (Jim also did the Flash Gordon PF Artwork) so I can't wait to see his artwork for Medusa....

Quoted from Hellfire:

I can happily say i dont have to restore my playfield now

3 months later
#181 10 years ago

Nice PinCardz on both those pins......

10 months later
#192 9 years ago

yep, I can't wait!....I "think" Medusa is up next for CAD File / CNC.....but things change daily!

#196 9 years ago

I'm assuming your referring to the Shield of the Gods Post?

If so, I sent an NOS one to Rick a few years back & he already Repro'd them. BAA doesn't show them in stock but Marco does: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-972-1

If this is what you are talking about.....

Medusa_Sheild of the Gods Kicker.jpgMedusa_Sheild of the Gods Kicker.jpg
1 month later
#208 9 years ago

yep

1 month later
#237 8 years ago

an easy way to tell the difference is the Light Blocking Ink color...OEM is Silver, where CPR uses a more Dark Bronze for the Light Blocking.

2 weeks later
1 month later
#270 8 years ago
#278 8 years ago

Interesting statement because we have been sold out for over a year.....

Quoted from TigerLaw:

I would contribute to the effort and buy one as art if they would blow them out for $100 each or something.

#279 8 years ago

and I have already said multiple times now that we are going to do another run of these with New Artwork ( which we already have ) and our New Production process for CMYK glasses ( which is A LOT Different than Spot Color glasses ), but I have No Time-Frame at this point....

#284 8 years ago

NO, Incorrect.

Quoted from Aurich:

I'm guessing Stu just means they have the original films now.

NO.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Was this alternative artwork concepts from Bally or something?

We have since Changed many aspects of our Production Process to correct the problem, a perfect example of a CPR Backglass using the New Production Process is the EATPM Backglass we did 6 months ago. EATPM was the first CMYK Process Color ( Not "Spot Color" ) project where I created a New Formula for Converting RGB to CMYK AND Color Correcting the Scan for Film Output that is Optimized for our specific CPR Silk-Screening Process......

When I did the color correction of the Original Cruse Scanned Image for Medusa ( RGB Converted to CMYK, Adjusted, and Color Matched ) I adjusted the Image to the "Production Process" ( Screen-Printing ) that was being used by CPR a couple years back when this title was made. Later we discovered that the Screen-Print process was actually Over-Saturating the Ink onto the Glass ( making Cow-Patty Blobs INSTEAD of Nice Clean Sharp Dots ) which made the image look "heavy" on the color and it ultimately "looked" like the Colors were wrong, which they were Not. The Colors were correct, it was simply an Illusion due to the Over-Saturation of the Ink on the glass. The Cow-Patty's were "smooching together" instead of being "separated" from one-another, thus causing a 'middle color' of Muck that never should have been there. This is what caused the image to look Heavy in Color. This was also the problem with the Flash Gordon "Flesh Color" looking too Red ( the Magenta was not Nice Clean Dots they were Cow-Patty's all smooched together causing the Red to be much more pronounced and thus making everything look Red instead of Flesh color). This same issue is why the Paragon, Centaur & Star Trek Backglasses came out the way they did......

I was NOT Happy with any of these and that is why Kevin & I put so much Effort & did so much Experimenting with Different Production Process until we figured out the Perfect Formula for Artwork Color Conversions, Artwork Color Correction, Film Line Screens and DPI, Screen Mesh Sizes, Ink Consistency, Screen Pressure, Screen Print Speed, Etc......The results of our R&D Efforts paid off with the EATPM Backglass, it looks Awesome! And this new process is what we will be following on All new CMYK projects from here on out.

#288 8 years ago

You 'are' aware that the original EATPM was a Translite done in Photographic Continuous Tone Color Process ( like a Kodak Picture Print ) right?

So we had to take a Continuous Tone Image and make it Pixelized, Now compound that with the High Limitations of Screen Printing at a Resolution that will actually allow Ink through the tiny Fabric Mesh to produce an image, and you get EATPM.

So Aurich, No matter how bad you bash CPR's work the Fact is this:
We provide the Best Product Possible with the Technology available to us at the time. If it doesn't meet your standards/approvals, then simply don't buy it. But there is no reason for you to bash our products in a public forum this way, all it does is hurt the sales of CPR, and with enough of that shit going on right now I'm surprised that we even still make parts for pinball. Continuing shitty comments & negativity like this is going to put CPR out of business > Then what the hell will people do for parts? Come to you? LMAO, Let's see "you" do better in a reproduction of the EATPM Backglass ( Glass NOT a Translite that you get from Kinkos ).

End Rant.

Quoted from Aurich:

The EATPM glass was an RGB to CMYK conversion, so maybe not the best example, but I was pretty disappointed by how blown out it was.

#290 8 years ago

I am NOT a "spokesperson" for CPR...I'm a Partner and the Art Director, nothing more. I get singled out as a 'spokesperson' all the time because I'm the only one of the 3 of us Partners that regularly visits the forums, but I am NOT a 'spokesperson' for CPR, I am NOT Customer Service either, that would be Kevin.

Ok, so you, the Consummate Pinball Professional, believe that you are Qualified ( professionally ) to do "Reviews" of other peoples products? LOL You have the "right" to post your "Personal Opinions", as does anybody, but really, who are you trying to fool, all you do is nit-pic about everything you can find during a "Where's Waldo" session. You may not like what we do, as I'm sure others don't like our products as well, but that's ok, we still sell our products to those people that actually NEED them and are Gratefull to CPR for making these products....Even WITHOUT your Crapy "REVIEWS" that nobody seriously cares about. If they did care about those 'reviews' we wouldn't sell out of everything....So why even do reviews, Do you really think that people can't look at the Same Picture you look at and make a judgement call for themselves about whether or not to purchase it???? I think you do these 'reviews' just so you have someone to talk with on the forums.....

More tape??? Do you have any idea of how many people would come down on you if I "stopped posting CPR stuff" and named you as the reason why?

Quoted from Aurich:

expect that any time someone says anything you don't agree with you flip the hell out and turn into the worst company spokesman possible. Maybe put another layer of tape on your Avatar or something, you do more damage for CPR than anything anyone else says.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Point, UT
$ 10.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

£ 195.00
$ 139.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 22.50
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medusa-owners-club?tu=stu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.