ZipperFlipper_Left.jpg
20231125_102542 (resized).jpg
20231107_203750 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20230910_132411 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinplayer01.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#428 6 years ago

Hello fellow Medusa owners, I recently acquired a Medusa and launched straight into restoring it. Meaning I immediately started to dismantle it for this purpose.

One of the things I discovered is when I removed the light bar (the light panel at the very top of the playfield), it seems to be missing some of the lights. Can anyone confirm if my suspicion is correct, see the image, there are 4 lights that appear to be missing (2 each on the very ends of the array).

Also, is the light removable from its base? I know you can twist the light out of the main panel, but is the light itself removable from its base (by base, I mean the black piece that you actually twist to get the light out from the panel)? I suspect this is a 555 wedge light, but did not want to pull on it just in case they are not removable. Thanks.

Medusa Light Bar (resized).jpgMedusa Light Bar (resized).jpg

#433 6 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

pinplayer01. You can use #555 or #259 lamps
----- for that particular assembly. The black sockets are twist
----- and pull. Yes, you are missing four of the twist
----- sockets for this/that assembly.

Hi, thanks for your response. From your post, it seems then that the lamp is removable from the black twist socket - please confirm. Lastly, as I am missing these, is there anywhere that sells the black twist socket? If I can't find any, then I suppose I would need to mock up something for these missing 4 lamps. Thanks.

#437 6 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

yes just twist them and they come out! As for where to buy them ..... most pinball places have them like
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/24-8767
http://www.pbresource.com/sockets.html#555
You may want to look closer to home as shipping will cost more than the parts! Like this place (but currently out of stock)
http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/24-8767.html

Excellent, thank you meSz for the references, much appreciated!

2 weeks later
#458 6 years ago

Hi, looking for a decent, original set of Medusa playfield plastics. Please PM me.

#462 6 years ago

A question about the 3 translucent standup targets that sit behind the top drop targets. I have recently acquired a Medusa, and these 3 targets were not the translucent ones, but your usual run of the mill standup targets. Here is a close up image of the middle target of the 3 targets.

I have purchased the translucent standup targets from Bob Langelius (as referenced in this thread), and am now trying to work out how to adapt the current setup with the correct setup. Browsing through this thread it would seem that it has been setup with what I will call the metal backstop strip (as per the arrow in the image, and as per the image in post #388), and setup without this strip (as per the images in posts #26, #66, #263, and #431). I would think that setting it up without the strip would allow more light to pass through from behind. But also, without the strip, there may be more risk of breaking the target if it is hit hard? How was this originally setup, with or without this strip?

From the first image in posts #61, it would seem that the original from Bally did not have this strip. Any comments/guidance much appreciated, thanks.

Medusa Targets (resized).jpgMedusa Targets (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Point, UT
$ 139.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Shark

$ 90.00
$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

£ 195.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinplayer01.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medusa-owners-club?tu=pinplayer01 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.