ZipperFlipper_Left.jpg
20231125_102542 (resized).jpg
20231107_203750 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20230910_132411 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neurokinetik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#199 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Has anyone heard any word about repro center flipper posts for Medusa? They're pretty much impossible to find now I believe.

Not impossible at all, actually. Bay Area Amusements had them in stock, I just ordered two spares for Fireball II.

1 year later
#364 7 years ago

The Bro Do You Even Pinball crew was at my place to stream Medusa this week. This is the game I bought from Drano recently.

I also found this rule sheet tonight, while looking for the old Visual Pinball version I made back in 2002 (this was the first attempt at a conversion of Medusa at the time). I did the Visual Pinball version never having even seen the real game, let alone played it, and working off flyer images. I never 100% finished it. Surprisingly, it actually still plays in the latest version of Visual Pinball that I have (9.91), despite having been made for version 5. Zipper flippers and the Shield of the Gods kicker post are functional, the only major missing features are the center displays (they are static, not tied to anything) and the light bar at the back (didn't even know that was on the table until I saw a real one many years later).

No idea where I found this rule sheet, but it was in my zip file with the table.

Colossus Bonus feature
- completing 1,2,3 target sequence or the four drop targets on the right side of the playfield, score and advances the lit Colossus bonus value. The scores range from 30k to 150k, and Special.

Medusa Bonus feature
- When the ball drains, the lit bonus score is added to the player's total score. 2X, 3X and 5X multipliers multiply the bonus by 2X, 3x and 5x, natch.
- Left lane shots advance bonus multiplier. 2X, 3x, 5x. After 5X, all subsequent left lane shots score 50k.
- Medusa bonus is advanced by hitting right side targets, left side targets, left lane, right lane, and outlane rollovers. - Three advances are awarded for each gorgon star that is lit.

Olympus Bonus feature
- When top drop target sequence is completed, player scores the lit advance value on the Olympus light feature.
- A-B targets double the lit advance value.
- Flashing lights on the Olyplus light feature represent the Olympus bonus values:
150k and extended play
200k and special
- Olympus bonus is collected at the saucer when lit.

Right Lane
- A Right lane shot to the upper playfield scores and advances the lit value. 10k-50k, special.

Subtract bonus feature
- The top center standup target subtracts one light from the Olympus bonus feature.
- The center target lights after the player has reached the first Olympus threshold.

Center Post feature
- At the start of a game, the player is awarded 5 shots with the "Shield of the gods" post.
- Making left or right lane shots awards an extra post shot.
- Each unused shot is worth 10k at the end of the game.

Extra Ball feature
- Center two numbers on the playfield display award an extra ball when a player has flashing identical numbers.
- Left number is stopped by completing 1,2,3 target sequence.
- Right number is stopped by completing right drop target bank.
- Unlike numbers are restarted by a left or right lane shot.

Last Ball Extended Play feature
- Qualify for extended play by reaching third threshold on Olympus light feature.
- If collected, player receives a guaranteed last ball for the amount of time units shown on the playfield display.
- During extended play, no outhole bonuses are collected until all time units have run out.
- Time units are awarded as follows:
Making 1,2,3 sequence: 10 time units
Completing right drop target bank: 5 time units
Saucer shot: 1 time unit
A & B arrows when lit: 1 time unit

Zipper flippers
- When each top target is knocked down, the top flippers close and start a timer.
- The flippers open when the timer reaches zero or the ball leaves the upper playfield.

Plunger Shot feature
- Each lit rollover star awards the following values
3 Medusa bonus advances
10k points
500 points spinner values

MedusaVP_(resized).jpgMedusaVP_(resized).jpg

1 month later
#381 7 years ago
Quoted from Archytas:

The previous owner disconnected the tilt bob but he's given me all the parts, would someone mind taking a photo of how their tilt bob is in and wired in so I can put it back correctly?

Blurry but you can see the wire colors if needed.

IMG_1906_(resized).JPGIMG_1906_(resized).JPG

7 months later
#408 7 years ago
Quoted from 5280wzrd:

You must time your shot with just the right velocity to cause the ball to roll over each star (gorgon) just as they light up. It is very hard shot to get them all every time.

Yes. It is not just a timing thing, but you also have to learn exactly how hard to plunge in order to get it. It took me quite a few games to get it for the first time, but since then, I get it fairly often.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

£ 195.00
$ 139.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Point, UT
$ 69.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Shark

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neurokinetik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medusa-owners-club?tu=neurokinetik and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.