Topic Stats

• 547 posts
  • 102 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by pinballshark
  • Topic is favorited by 38 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 214 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Malachai (resized).jpg
IMG_5603 (resized).JPG
IMG_5601 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20180607_142318576_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20180607_142301793_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_2042 (resized).JPG
32903481_10160481726250014_1134868988262612992_n (resized).jpg
9783C658-94FE-46D6-9983-A0E621ABFF02 (resized).jpeg
74F371A3-D6FF-4450-8E35-C5CDEB011C52 (resized).jpeg
9D7EC3DF-66B8-494B-92A6-E2210123E1F6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0989 (resized).jpg
IMG_0995 (resized).jpg
IMG_0984 (resized).jpg
IMG_1013 (resized).jpg
IMG_1043 (resized).jpg

There are 547 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.
#201 4 years ago

hey hellfire, how's did that centaur rebuild turn out? thread died a year ago, was just looking for some centaur mods and rebuilds. the work you had done on it was incredible. putting a cleared touched-up playfield in mine now.

ballys.jpg
3 weeks later
#202 4 years ago

There use to be a site that someone put up most of the rules that pertain to Medusa. Anyone have the URL? I am looking for anyone that may know all of the rules for Medusa!!! Thanks!

#203 4 years ago

Picked one up setting in a barn for $500. It had a alltek MPU in it, nice playfield and backglass. Cabinet is heavily faded and a lot of rust on metal parts. Have lots of work to do on it someday.

#204 4 years ago

I joined the club last weekend! I "plan" to try and remove the mylar from the playfield. It looks like someone added it without cleaning the playfield and it's lifting from all of the dirt underneath it...

IMG_3277 - Version 2.JPG

I'm missing one pop bumper saucer/cap. Would anyone here happen to have a spare that they no longer need?

IMG_3279.JPG

Thanks,

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

#205 4 years ago

I just put out a wanted ad to join the club. Thoughts on value for a project example needing some TLC?

#206 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I just put out a wanted ad to join the club. Thoughts on value for a project example needing some TLC?

$1000-$1600?

#207 4 years ago

So those that are waiting for the CPR Medusa playfield, I notice yesterday that the status has changed to from "CNC PROGRAMMING" to "CNC CUTTING NOW". So it's moving along!

#208 4 years ago

yep

#210 4 years ago

I'm in the club sort of... My uncle has one that I am responsible for

#211 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Anyone in here want to leave the club?

Not me !!

#212 4 years ago

Starting my playfield tear down tonight!

IMG_3411.jpg
#213 4 years ago

I guess I have dual membership to the club!

IMG_4475[1].JPG
#214 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

IMG_4475[1].JPG (Click image to enlarge)

TigerLaw may be contacting you shortly!

#215 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Thinking tigerlaw will only let you have single membership due to Pinside rules but he will prolly help you hes a mod afterall lol.

#216 4 years ago

I'm almost done with my playfield rebuild and need to know if anyone replaced the three stand up targets on the rear of the playfield before? I need to replace mine, but not sure how to get to them (remove drop target assembly?) and what targets to replace them with. From reading I know that the translucent targets are no longer available. So, which did you replace yours with?

Thanks!

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

image.jpg

#217 4 years ago

The drop target assembly needs to be dropped it comes out rather easy and while you have that out you might as well reach back and replace the lights behind them with leds they are a pain to get at otherwise BAA and Marco sell targets that match the closest but they wont cast the light like the originals did.

#218 4 years ago

Has anyone ever tried the transparent targets that Marco has? They have
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-20499-9
and
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-5035-04

Not sure if the rectangular target would work since it's "3D".

These aren't the originals but close!

#219 4 years ago

All done with my mylar removal/shop out!

IMG_3550.JPG
IMG_3549.JPG

#220 4 years ago

love the flipper bats, the green eyes and blue tongue !

#221 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

love the flipper bats, the green eyes and blue tongue !

Thanks! The game turned out a lot better than I had hoped. I put red super bands on the red translucent flipper bats and the end result is amazing.

#222 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Quoted from MrBellMan:

TigerLaw may be contacting you shortly!

LOL, PM sent.

#223 4 years ago

I've decided the HEP restore for a Medusa is a bit out of my price range at the moment (as badly as I want a HEP restored game, just isn't happening right now).

That said, I still want a top of the line restored Medusa. I am now looking for someone who has already had a Medusa restored (recently) and wants out of the club. Will modify my market place ad; leads appreciated.

Thanks, TL

#224 4 years ago

Need some help.... I have what I assume is a setting issue, but can't seem to fight it out; when I start a game, instead of the single center drop target, I get the two on either side (second level I guess). Switch on board set wrong? Thanks guys

image-431.jpg
#225 4 years ago

When you power on the game, does it reset to the single or double?

#226 4 years ago

Double every time. Checked switches, nothing out of the norm, game plays perfect, but starts on level 2 of drop targets

#227 4 years ago

Hmmm... Are you using an Altek board or original MPU? If Altek, I'm stumped. If MPU I would think software or the MPU is jacked up. Maybe try another MPU or game chip.

2 weeks later
#228 4 years ago

Do all targets come up, knock 7, all and then reset all, then knock down 5 and stay? Will the center target stay standing ever? Do you have a video of the start up?

#229 4 years ago

Question for the Medusa owners out there. I'm fixing a friends Medusa and discovered that our backglass' are slightly different...

My backglass shows Medusa with nipples and and some definition in the crotch area:
RBIMG_3824.JPG

My friend's backglass does not:
RCIMG_3821.JPG

Were there multiple versions PG/R Rated???

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

#230 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Were there multiple versions PG/R Rated???

That was the original design, but it was changed before production. There were a few samples made, but more likely yours is the CPR repro, which added the pre-censored art back in.

#231 4 years ago

Mine looks pretty aged. If I was a betting man, I'd bet mine is a Bally original.

Is there a sure way to tell?

#232 4 years ago
Quoted from teletub:

Need some help.... I have what I assume is a setting issue, but can't seem to fight it out; when I start a game, instead of the single center drop target, I get the two on either side (second level I guess). Switch on board set wrong? Thanks guys

I'm fixing a game for someone right now and have the same issue. Upon start of the game, two drops in the up position. Did you ever figure out what it was? I'm wondering if it's a setting???

#233 4 years ago

Yes Rob, Two different glasses were made. The "nipple glass" came out first and was deemed too racy so the non nipple version was made. The nipple glass is more sought after as it is rarer. Medusa's pelvic region was also tamed down to reveal less "camel toe". I have heard people call the nipple glass the prototype glass but I am not sure is the case as there seem to be so many out there.

#234 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Mine looks pretty aged. If I was a betting man, I'd bet mine is a Bally original.
Is there a sure way to tell?

Post a close up the designer signature. Easy to spot the repro art in that part.

#235 4 years ago

Question for folks that got the CPR plastics... Are yours rather opaque? I got mine early on and didn't realize until I tried them out later that hardly any light at all shines through from the GI. I was curious if this was a first run thing or if they were all this way? I ended switching back to my not so great production set because I like to play with the room lights low and I couldn't see the art on the plastics at all. I would be willing to buy another set if they lit up properly. Other CPR plastics I've noticed/purchased aren't like this at all which is why I'm confused.

#236 4 years ago

Here is my backglass. It looks much better from the front!

IMG_3845.jpg IMG_3847.jpg IMG_3848.jpg IMG_3849.jpg
#237 4 years ago

an easy way to tell the difference is the Light Blocking Ink color...OEM is Silver, where CPR uses a more Dark Bronze for the Light Blocking.

#238 4 years ago

So mine is original? Sweet!

#239 4 years ago

Nice! I don't know how many of those are out there, but I didn't think they were common.

#240 4 years ago

Any of you guys looking to sell a Medusa, please pm me. Id like to hunt down a nice example for my collection.

Mike

#241 4 years ago
Quoted from BumperMcBaulhogh:

Question for folks that got the CPR plastics... Are yours rather opaque? I got mine early on and didn't realize until I tried them out later that hardly any light at all shines through from the GI. I was curious if this was a first run thing or if they were all this way? I ended switching back to my not so great production set because I like to play with the room lights low and I couldn't see the art on the plastics at all. I would be willing to buy another set if they lit up properly. Other CPR plastics I've noticed/purchased aren't like this at all which is why I'm confused.

Did you remove the protective layers on both sides of the plastics ? My Nine Ball CPR plastics look really great with the GI.

1 week later
#242 4 years ago

Yes I did take the protective layers off. I wish that was the issue. I put all the plastics on, the turned down the lights and then was wondering what was up. When I compared old plastics to the new I realized that no light was making it through the new plastics. They are all pretty darn dark and incandescent GI hardly shines through. Maybe LED will? I would rather not LED that game. My other CPR plastics don't have this problem. I was at a show one time where a vendor had various CPR sets and I held them up to the light (both with the protective layers still on) and it was a night and day difference between Medusa and other titles. I came on here hoping it was just a certain early run or something that has this issue.

#243 4 years ago

Are they the mirrored plastics?

#244 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I still want a top of the line restored Medusa. I am now looking for someone who has already had a Medusa restored (recently) and wants out of the club. Will modify my market place ad; leads appreciated.

Just as an update: I am still not in the club, but still want in. Really not excited about grabbing a project Medusa, was hoping to get a restored one, but this game doesn't seem to be hitting the market place or anywhere. Perhaps I will take a project after all.

#245 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Are they the mirrored plastics?

No they're not. Will be interested once I restore my Medusa as I do have a new set of CPR plastics.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

but this game doesn't seem to be hitting the market

Yeah you don't see these come up too often. Seems this era of Bally (Fathom, Centaur, Medusa to name a few) people tend to hang onto!! GL with your search!

#247 4 years ago

I think that one was posted for sale here too. Little high priced, unknown seller, and shipping on top of that is what steered me away from it.

#248 4 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

denver.craigslist.org link

Not a bad deal if it's in good condition.. Playfield looks nice as far as I can tell.

#249 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Not a bad deal if it's in good condition.. Playfield looks nice as far as I can tell.

I'd check it out if it was local.

#250 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think that one was posted for sale here too. Little high priced, unknown seller, and shipping on top of that is what steered me away from it.

Yep, I would only buy that one if it is was local. The guy being unknown in the community had me spooked.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Montréal, QC
$ 17.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 139.00
$ 90.00
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
There are 547 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside