ZipperFlipper_Left.jpg
20231125_102542 (resized).jpg
20231107_203750 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20230910_132411 (resized).jpg
There are 691 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 14.
#151 10 years ago

thanks hellfire if you ever in Newfoundland Canada I owe you a few beer for all your help lol........I have busy week but I will pick away at it in the evenings after work, I'LL keep ya posted

#152 10 years ago

can some one post some pics of the zipper flippers under neath I think it is wired wrong or wrong eos switch as well I know the craft on the right is not the right one which is prob why I burnt out my new coil so quick it was always on..... the crank/pawn would never open it grrrrr....... you need to go over these pins with a fine tooth comb when buying 2nd hand........... also the wire colors and location would help as well or readsings on what wire or tab on EOS and tab on coil
thanks

#153 10 years ago

Not sure if these will help ya or not. The first picture is of the one on the right and the second is the one on the left (standing in front of the machine with playfield raised). My machine has a little hacked wiring going on. Cant wait for the CPR repo playfield!!!

2014-02-17 15.47.53.jpg2014-02-17 15.47.53.jpg 2014-02-17 15.48.03.jpg2014-02-17 15.48.03.jpg
#154 10 years ago

Heres pics of mine and i changed out my zipper mech from my old pf to my replacement one so Im giving you pics from my003-950.JPG003-950.JPG extra zipper assembly so you can make sure yours is right.
Also I took pics of the lower flipper wiring as well.004-107.JPG004-107.JPG005-249.JPG005-249.JPG006.JPG006.JPG013.JPG013.JPG014.JPG014.JPG009-875.JPG009-875.JPG010-934.JPG010-934.JPG

#155 10 years ago

Thanks boys this should be very helpful.....I plugged the display in as the owner just had it unplug it lights up all 0s so the glass is good? Replace the chip?

#156 10 years ago

yes change the decoder chip but first i would swap to another spot to see if it works properly in another player posision and swap that display to the P3 position see if it works properly then or not. if the p3 acts the same with a different display you might need to change the ic that controls the data wire

#157 10 years ago

Btw i am 14,my dad owns the machines including medusa and he's trusting me to repair his mpu with acid damage (currently using a altek in medusa and swapping it for the original mpu once repaired if I don't goose it)
I have read up about it but don't wanna make a hash brown of it so I came to ask from the experts
(Q tips, white vinegar and pure alcohol I think that's correct)
Any help would be great

#158 10 years ago

Hellfire my bottom right flipper the black green and orange is reverse on the NO contacts everything else is the same on bottom flippers

Zipper as the samea as yours and mesZ inspected close the eos seems to have very little contact pad if any at all so have to wait on the new eos as I think that's the problem I hope and like I said I know the crank on one of the zippers is from a bottom flipper that needs to be changed so I hope the parts will be here Monday as I have the day off but the box of parts I have may take me two days I will do the board components first as you had some forgiveness in the playing field lol sorry for all the questions my first pin so I apprentice all the help

From what I can tell all the parts are oringial except one coil on zipper I replaced and one on the bottom unreal for 32 years old why I'm changing a lot of stuff caps as the dry out. Putting memory cap in and new ball coil sleeves and rubber as I think that will improve the game

#159 10 years ago
Quoted from blanner22:

Hellfire my bottom right flipper the black green and orange is reverse on the NO contacts everything else is the same on bottom flippers

No worries on the lower right secondary EOS secondary is right right dont matter which way they are connected as long as they both goto the same switch. same thing applies to the left red & green secondary wires the switches arent polarized.
My EOS switches arent the best either but they work fine with any luck they will last until i get around to restoring my medusa. I am kinda interested though i forgot about the second set of eos switches on the zippers kinda odd usualy bally upper flippers only have a single eos wonder what else its disconnecting. Its a HV switch not a LV switch so ill have to see what else its hooked up to.

#160 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

I have read up about it but don't wanna make a hash brown of it so I came to ask from the experts
(Q tips, white vinegar and pure alcohol I think that's correct)
Any help would be great

Scrape the traces clean with a round tip scalpel and use acid based prumbers flux and retin the traces with a saturated desoldering braid. the vinegar method is useful on alkalyne batteries but bally had lead acid batteries instead. if you want to neutralize it use a liquid antacid like pepto bismal. but i find ammonia cleaning then acid flux retinning works the best.

Here are 2 acid damaged boards im working on ive used this process with. 016-515.JPG016-515.JPG018-144.JPG018-144.JPG

#161 10 years ago

I got me 5 gorgons on my skill shot tonight. First time! Required a reeeeeally soft plunge (at least on my machine's plunger/spring/whatnot assembly).

Also had the top right flipper poop out on me yesterday. Inspection showed a piece of loose black electrical tape & 1 of the 3 coil wires dangling. Wow. Solder applied. Easiest fix ever. *phew*

-Jason

#162 10 years ago

the other eos switch is for the light under the flippers I think I read that somewhere, going to be very disappointed if the EOS switch don't work....

which lung do I ground to trigger the solenoid? which is the best ground to use?

#163 10 years ago

what is the Solenoid Expander for on bally pinball? and where can I get a switch matrix for medusa?

#164 10 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

I got me 5 gorgons on my skill shot tonight. First time! Required a reeeeeally soft plunge (at least on my machine's plunger/spring/whatnot assembly).
Also had the top right flipper poop out on me yesterday. Inspection showed a piece of loose black electrical tape & 1 of the 3 coil wires dangling. Wow. Solder applied. Easiest fix ever. *phew*
-Jason

I've had pretty good luck getting all 5 Gorgons ... and you're right - it requires a really soft plunge. There's times I think I went too soft, but then poof - ALL 5. Very challenging skill shot. But then it only matters if you make the most of those Gorgons by nailing the spinner as much as you can.

#165 10 years ago

I got 0 volts on TP 4 is that correct?

#166 10 years ago

On the power board sorry

#167 10 years ago

image-59.jpgimage-59.jpgimage-969.jpgimage-969.jpgShe's 98% working
But playable
Early morning score before breakfast
image-33.jpgimage-33.jpg

#168 10 years ago

Swap the displays 1 with 3 and 3-1 mesZ and hellfire so it's the display should I will order the chip and try that first

#169 10 years ago
Quoted from blanner22:

Swap the displays 1 with 3 and 3-1 mesZ and hellfire so it's the display should I will order the chip and try that first

Since the display is working but just reflecting zeros then I would, as hellfire stated, think it's the chip!

#170 10 years ago

On the repo front (news) another Medusa product has the possibility of being remade. Per http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-apron-remakes-what-titles-to-start-with-cast-your-vote a guy has inked a deal with PPP to reproduce Williams aprons. I had asked if this would lead to Bally aprons as well and he advised yes. Go to the link for more, if interested!

Regarding the CPR repo-ing the Medusa playfield, per their site they're no longer taking request as it is now filled. One step closer!

#171 10 years ago

What about TP4 on the power board? 0volts I'm think it's should be something there?

3 weeks later
#172 10 years ago

Just picked up a Medusa this weekend and was watching the TNT video that was posted earlier in this thread.
In the video he mentions that the upper flippers still allow the ball to pass between them when they're together, but mine close practically together and the ball can sit between them.
How far apart are they actually supposed to be when closed?

#173 10 years ago
Quoted from blanner22:

What about TP4 on the power board? 0volts I'm think it's should be something there?

How are you measuring it? TP4 is AC so you measure hot to common not to ground like you do for you DC measurement (which are all of the others on the board). When you turn the game on do you have GI?

#174 10 years ago
Quoted from MrDucks:

Just picked up a Medusa this weekend and was watching the TNT video that was posted earlier in this thread.
In the video he mentions that the upper flippers still allow the ball to pass between them when they're together, but mine close practically together and the ball can sit between them.
How far apart are they actually supposed to be when closed?

He is incorrect. The zippers close to not let a ball pass - that is why they are on a timer to reopen if you do not hit any drop targets or if you go through one of the side lanes

#175 10 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

He is incorrect. The zippers close to not let a ball pass - that is why they are on a timer to reopen if you do not hit any drop targets or if you go through one of the side lanes

When mine close the ball can still just barely slip through.

#176 10 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

When mine close the ball can still just barely slip through.

Something is wrong with your zipper mech. then it should not allow the ball through when the flippers are moved together unless you have the mini flippers activated to let it through.

1 month later
#177 10 years ago

Heads-up/early warning: I'm selling my Medusa ($1800/obo). Very nice all around & shopped. Near perfect back glass, minimal wear in the bonus area (much less than I've seen on most Medusas), perfect/unhacked/no-acid boards, new correct lighted flipper bats with white Superbands, some planking in the upper playfield and wear in the skill shot area, otherwise very nice. Plays fast and fun.

I'm not putting it in the Pinside Marketplace until I have all my photos together. Here's a few quick shots ... it's all I have for now.

BTW I'm only selling as I got one in near pristine shape last weekend. Paid considerably more. Though it is fun having two Medusas right now.

155418.jpg155418.jpg IMG_9004.jpgIMG_9004.jpg
#178 10 years ago

Played the above machine about a month ago. It plays faster than my Mylar covered Medusa and is def above average in the cosmetics dept. If I didn't have one already I would be all over this. Congrats on the new addition Brian!! Now just sell me your Centaur so I can get rid of the 2 I currently have coming in.

#179 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainFantastic:

Played the above machine about a month ago. It plays faster than my Mylar covered Medusa and is def above average in the cosmetics dept. If I didn't have one already I would be all over this. Congrats on the new addition Brian!! Now just sell me your Centaur so I can get rid of the 2 I currently have coming in.

Thanks Craig. Love them Bally pins. Now I just need to locate an Embryon and Fathom. Just pulled my Dolly Parton out of the attic and per her back into service ... no shame here - I actually really like it.

#180 10 years ago

I had my Medusa and fathom at the MGC last weekend if anyone got a chance to play them

036.JPG036.JPG004-919.JPG004-919.JPG008-853.JPG008-853.JPG

#181 10 years ago

Nice PinCardz on both those pins......

#182 10 years ago

Yep thanks Stu it was money well spent

#183 10 years ago

Hellfire, very nice machines. Can't wait till the artwork gets completed for Medusa and the playfield is done by CPR so I can restore mine!!!

3 months later
#184 9 years ago

Dear Sir or Madam-

I am writing to inform you that I regret to say that I must hereby tender my resignation to the Medusa Club.

I sincerely enjoyed my tenure here, & I don't want my decision to reflect upon any of you or on Medusa herself. Medusa treated me well, & I her. It's just that our relationship ran its course, & we mutually decided that it was in both of our best interests to split up.

She's gone to a better place, where she can receive the attention that she deserves. I'll remember her fondly..................unless Mr. Rusty Carriage Bolt Hat Man makes me forget all about her...........

Sincerely,
-Jason

TheLessOld.JPGTheLessOld.JPG

2 months later
#185 9 years ago

Time to resurrect this thread as I am waiting on a medusa arrival. It has mylar on the playfield which I will consider removing when I get a good look at it. Has anyone removed mylar from a medusa? if so hot or cold method? and which were the troublesome areas if any?

#186 9 years ago

heat gun on these old ballys is the only way, the cold method is to risky to try and is safer only on later machines. use goo gone to melt adhesive and clean residue off with naptha after.

Quoted from Kevlar:Time to resurrect this thread as I am waiting on a medusa arrival. It has mylar on the playfield which I will consider removing when I get a good look at it. Has anyone removed mylar from a medusa? if so hot or cold method? and which were the troublesome areas if any?

#187 9 years ago

Thanks Hellfire.

#188 9 years ago

I bought Blanners and have a second cab (no head) with a much, much better playfield. I need to get off my butt and plug the second PF in to see if the mechanics are a better, or same, starting point. Hoping it is at least on par, as a full PF swap does not look like fun.

IMG_1539.JPGIMG_1539.JPG

IMG_1131.JPGIMG_1131.JPG

2 months later
#189 9 years ago

Joining the club this week. Got a very nice one coming in that needs a little work.

1 month later
#190 9 years ago

I am having problems with my zipper flippers, can anyone help?

Here's the thread/info and video:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medusa-zipper-flipper-problems-help-please

1 month later
#191 9 years ago

Medusa CPR Playfield is now in CNC process per CPR website: http://www.classicplayfields.com/order.html

#192 9 years ago

yep, I can't wait!....I "think" Medusa is up next for CAD File / CNC.....but things change daily!

#193 9 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

yep, I can't wait!....I "think" Medusa is up next for CAD File / CNC.....but things change daily!

Excellent news!

#194 9 years ago

i cant wait either

#195 9 years ago

Has anyone heard any word about repro center flipper posts for Medusa? They're pretty much impossible to find now I believe.

#196 9 years ago

I'm assuming your referring to the Shield of the Gods Post?

If so, I sent an NOS one to Rick a few years back & he already Repro'd them. BAA doesn't show them in stock but Marco does: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-972-1

If this is what you are talking about.....

Medusa_Sheild of the Gods Kicker.jpgMedusa_Sheild of the Gods Kicker.jpg
#198 9 years ago

Per CPR via another post on Pinside:

"Medusa Project (playfield) is at the CAD file stage with the CAD file about 80% complete, should undergo test cuts this coming week and production cutting within a few weeks at most."

#199 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Has anyone heard any word about repro center flipper posts for Medusa? They're pretty much impossible to find now I believe.

Not impossible at all, actually. Bay Area Amusements had them in stock, I just ordered two spares for Fireball II.

#200 9 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

Not impossible at all, actually. Bay Area Amusements had them in stock, I just ordered two spares for Fireball II.

Yes, I was obviously misinformed.

Not for my Medusa, since I sadly don't own one, maybe some day. But I was able to pass the info to the owner who thought Rick hadn't remade them yet, so I appreciate it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 139.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Point, UT
$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

£ 195.00
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 691 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medusa-owners-club/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.