(Topic ID: 262671)

Medusa (German) flipper switch cap - Why?

By mkdud

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by slochar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

schem wiring 2 (resized).JPG
schem wiring 1 (resized).JPG
DSC04277 (resized).JPG
#1 4 years ago

My Medusa was previously in Germany. It still has the DM coin mechs and all the German instruction cards, German manual supplements, etc. I was curious as to why there would be a .01 uf 500v mylar cap accross the right flipper EOS switches, and why this is for Germany only? Thanks, mk

DSC04277 (resized).JPGDSC04277 (resized).JPGschem wiring 1 (resized).JPGschem wiring 1 (resized).JPGschem wiring 2 (resized).JPGschem wiring 2 (resized).JPG
#2 4 years ago

Spark suppression. Probably required by German codes.

#3 4 years ago

Caps like that are there to snub arcing. Maybe a requirement for EU games back in the day.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Skidave:

Caps like that are there to snub arcing. Maybe a requirement for EU games back in the day.

ok, I didn't know anything about this. I wonder why this is on the right side EOS stack only?

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from mkdud:

ok, I didn't know anything about this. I wonder why this is on the right side EOS stack only?

Near the plunger so an arc 'could' put a shock on the plunger if the player were touching it.

Of course, that's if the cap is on the flipper buttons..... doesn't really make sense on the mech itself if that's where its mounted.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 69.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Shark

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

£ 195.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Point, UT
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 139.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 90.00
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medusa-german-flipper-switch-cap-why- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.