Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by dothedoo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

So, I have a medusa doing some strange stuff with the drop targets, and I have narrowed it down to 2 coils. Someone previously had replaced the outhole and saucer coils with general purpose AE26-1200 coils, when they are supposed to be the 3 lug, 2 diode coils. The saucer calls for an AT-26-1200 and the outhole calls for an AT-27-1300.

My question is, would it be ok to put a 26-1200 in the outhole? From what I gather it would be a little more power, but marcos is the only place I can find the 27-1300 coils, and frankly, I don't care to order from them being in Canada.

#2 6 years ago

Best answer is no. Replace with correct coil. A 1 diode coil will cause strange behavior with other coils and will severely stress the driver circuitry on the SDB.

If a 26-1200 is all you have then you need to add a diode between the power lug and the power wire facing in the opposite direction of the diode on the coil. On the 26-1200, the power wire is connected to the lug at the banded end of the diode. Remove the power wire and add the 2nd diode so the banded end connects to the same lug and then connect the power wire (probably two wires tied together) to the non-banded end. The non-banded end should not be connected to any of the lugs so you will probably have to staple it to the playfield.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 139.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 69.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Shark

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Point, UT
$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

£ 195.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medusa-coil-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.