• Latest reply 11 years ago by jpinb
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

medusa_2_trans.jpg
#1 11 years ago

I got my Medusa yesterday, While digging around in the cabinet I noticed this bally has a second transformer it is an isolation transformer mounted in the back of the cabinet.
Is this an OEM option or an add on? It is a 120v in and 120v output isolation transformer had power cord in and outlet on the bottom which the machines original power cord is plugged into inside the cabinet. Its not a step up or step down trans.
Realy kinda curious if this is original or post production add on the transformer is screwed directly to the back cabinet board and not bolted through the outside of the cabinet.

medusa_2_trans.jpgmedusa_2_trans.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Not factory. Does the original transformer work? Maybe the 120v windings are bad on the original?

#3 11 years ago

Yeah its obvious the machine is all wired original the original power supply is plugged in exactly like it would if it didnt have the transformer so the power supply transformer is 100% working.
At first i was thinking have been an original 220v machine and had a conversion step up transformer but its just for isolation.
Ive never seen this before figured Ide throw it out there to see if this was some factory mod or if it was someones attempt to perhaps correct a ground fault issue

1 week later
#4 11 years ago

I had a evil kinevil with same xformer in it. May have been used to stablize low voltage conditions. I removed it no problems.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 195.00
$ 139.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 90.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Point, UT
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Shark

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medusa-2nd-tranformer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.