IMG20231223200403.jpg
IMG20231223192842.jpg
IMG20231223191434.jpg
B98F73B0-94EA-43D5-8406-C20B6756CA75 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4256 (resized).jpeg
20231123_161854 (resized).jpg
20231123_131212 (resized).jpg
20231123_131228 (resized).jpg
There are 1,070 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 22.
#51 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

-UPDATE-
The reveal will be on June 30th (on the SDTM Youtube channel). The list will open in the thread here at 8:30PM EST (June 30th).
As noted above, Zach wasn't given fair warning to meet that deadline, but he went above (to infinity?) and beyond to make it happen (currently in the editing stages).
I'm as excited as everyone else to see the reveal video I'm always impressed with the effort Zach puts into his content.
--------------
***Pricing is planned to be $650 + shipping***. A set currently takes ~16 hours to make (not counting print time). I'll be hoping to have full time help on these to make ~5 a week if possible (also hoping to reduce production time as the process becomes more familiar/streamlined for us). I started training Marissa on painting these last week (still tied up with Elvira).
No piece of this set is a bare 3-D printed part, and a chunk of the time that goes into the set is toward masking any 3-D printed appearance, and several paint stages for the detailed parts.

ah crap... that's 2:30AM for me By the time I wake up, all slots will likely be taken...

#52 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

ah crap... that's 2:30AM for me By the time I wake up, all slots will likely be taken...

While being further down the list will affect how quickly I get to that set, as there's no hard limit, nobody that's currently interested in a set would miss out if they have time to wait. I have yet to decide if I'll cap the list in batches. Elvira had a huge list with nearly 100% retention down the line, and I sense STh is a game most won't sell. I also won't send second messages this time around if I don't get a response (though would bump anyone up that got skipped if they got back to me later on).

As with many previous sets, these should be available for 2-3 years before being discontinued.

As for the time I chose, I thought 8:30PM EST would give the most people a fair shot, figuring it lines up when many on the west coast may get home from work. Unfortunately there's no perfect time when considering all locations.

Next release may be tackled differently if this doesn't work well.

#53 1 year ago

Are there Winona Ryder pop bumpers in the kit?

I'm sure she's worn a low cut black dress at some point in her life and......... right?

#54 1 year ago

Wow... as much as I wanted this mod - its our family's favorite pin by far, and bolted according to my wife.. I got ZERO support from her at $650 plus ship. Theres no doubt its probably awesome as are many of your mods, but unfortunately we're out. I will certainly continue to support u and wish you nothing but success on this project. Ill have to sit back and be jealous of everyone.. lol.

#55 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Wow... as much as I wanted this mod - its our family's favorite pin by far, and bolted according to my wife.. I got ZERO support from her at $650 plus ship. Theres no doubt its probably awesome as are many of your mods, but unfortunately we're out. I will certainly continue to support u and wish you nothing but success on this project. Ill have to sit back and be jealous of everyone.. lol.

I understand.

For what amounts to plastic and lights, they are indeed expensive, but the value is there for the work/time that goes into the set.

Realistically, the pricing doesn't consider the months of development without an income for that work, and I'll have to sell a chunk before I reach a baseline.

Even the AMH set that was $875 wasn't ultimately profitable after the unexpected amount of time they took and expenses (though I've seen the set add nearly $3k value to a game sale)...but I knew that one was a passion project going in, and justified it off the Elvira set doing so well.

Financially, it would be a far better decision for me to stick to small mods that have a higher margin, and are far easier to design with less to consider, but I believe the pinball community appreciates that I tackle some more ambitious projects as an option, and I hope to continue to improve going forward if there's support for it.

Ultimately, I can only imagine that the majority of people that have a secure job that affords them pinball machines, would be very fearful if they left that job to pursue pinball mods. It's certainly been an emotionally and mentally challenging roller coaster at times, but it's what I enjoy doing, despite the concern that a failure would leave myself and my hired help without an income, which would force me back to smaller mods in an attempt to recover.

#56 1 year ago

Great Work on the clear and concise info and totally respect the costs of your mods - I refer to your mods as atmospheric mods adding that world under glass feel. I am sure on reveal alot of people will be wowed and support you.

I look forward to the reveal.

Quoted from Medisinyl:

Ultimately, I can only imagine that the majority of people that have a secure job that affords them pinball machines, would be very fearful if they left that job to pursue pinball mods. It's certainly been an emotionally and mentally challenging roller coaster at times, but it's what I enjoy doing, despite the concern that a failure would leave myself and my hired help without an income, which would force me back to smaller mods in an attempt to recover.

I totally understand your position - I lost a good full time job last year so rely on mods just to scrap by - it isn't easy and hope to one day be doing better. Keep up the hard work.

All the best

#57 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I understand.
For what amounts to plastic and lights, they are indeed expensive, but the value is there for the work/time that goes into the set.
Realistically, the pricing doesn't consider the months of development without an income for that work, and I'll have to sell a chunk before I reach a baseline.
Even the AMH set that was $875 wasn't ultimately profitable after the unexpected amount of time they took and expenses (though I've seen the set add nearly $3k value to a game sale)...but I knew that one was a passion project going in, and justified it off the Elvira set doing so well.
Financially, it would be a far better decision for me to stick to small mods that have a higher margin, and are far easier to design with less to consider, but I believe the pinball community appreciates that I tackle some more ambitious projects as an option, and I hope to continue to improve going forward if there's support for it.

I can only approve of your position. There are way too many mods which are average at best (FDM printing with no post processing for ex, basic painting) so it's quite refreshing to see high quality mods.

Quoted from Medisinyl:

While being further down the list will affect how quickly I get to that set, as there's no hard limit, nobody that's currently interested in a set would miss out if they have time to wait. I have yet to decide if I'll cap the list in batches. Elvira had a huge list with nearly 100% retention down the line, and I sense STh is a game most won't sell. I also won't send second messages this time around if I don't get a response (though would bump anyone up that got skipped if they got back to me later on).
As with many previous sets, these should be available for 2-3 years before being discontinued.
As for the time I chose, I thought 8:30PM EST would give the most people a fair shot, figuring it lines up when many on the west coast may get home from work. Unfortunately there's no perfect time when considering all locations.
Next release may be tackled differently if this doesn't work well.

Good to know the list will not be capped. And I understand the need to set a time, which is not easy given the locations involved.

Regards

#58 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

... as there's no hard limit, nobody that's currently interested in a set would miss out if they have time to wait.
...I also won't send second messages this time around if I don't get a response (though would bump anyone up that got skipped if they got back to me later on).
...As with many previous sets, these should be available for 2-3 years before being discontinued.

Great approach! The whole 'limited' release thing just fuels the flipper market and really doesn't help the artist. These are already custom. Build to fill orders or for the period of time that you are comfortable with. Is there anyone here who will pass on a mod because it isn't 'limited'? It doesn't appear to be the case based on the interest and it really doesn't matter regardless.

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

Great Work on the clear and concise info and totally respect the costs of your mods - I refer to your mods as atmospheric mods adding that world under glass feel. I am sure on reveal alot of people will be wowed and support you.
I look forward to the reveal.

I totally understand your position - I lost a good full time job last year so rely on mods just to scrap by - it isn't easy and hope to one day be doing better. Keep up the hard work.
All the best

I appreciate your response, and will gladly accept "atmospheric mods" (I haven't always hit that mark IMO, but mods with real feeling is the goal).

Sorry to learn about the job, but you're clearly very skilled from what I've seen (and I'm envious of your CAD skills ). It's easy to presume we're all doing well on Pinside from behind a screen, but I have immense empathy for everyone, and I hope we're all progressing positively in some way. Sometimes hardships are a necessary evil toward positive growth, even if not apparent at first.

--------------------------------------

As for cost, it's within the realm or lower than past mods of mine for the time involved, so it won't be a surprise for most. The full RZ set (developed between 2017-2019) was ~$770, or closer to the AMH cost with inflation (though the AMH set was significantly more difficult to craft and design).

ACNC was ~$500. STh is certainly more involved than a full ACNC, but less work than a full RZ or AMH. That said, there are details to the STh set that are beyond either in quality or thought.

It's also worth noting that I've fully supported my work with 100% compensation for anyone that has had issues, even if it's years later or they offer to re-buy, or if it was their fault (wrong power box on Spooky games ). Return shipping paid for repairs, or free replacements sent (redesigned when I learn of a recurring issue).

-------------

But I agree, mods aren't always easy or profitable. I'm always stuck somewhere between confidence in my ability to create...and crippling self-doubt.

#60 1 year ago

I still look forward to your review and my only guess is it will be as good or better than all your other work. I have a bunch of your mods and have always appreciated your work and contribution to the hobby!

#61 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

I still look forward to your review and my only guess is it will be as good or better than all your other work. I have a bunch of your mods and have always appreciated your work and contribution to the hobby!

To avoid any confusion, I absolutely respect and appreciate your honest feedback. Thank you!

#62 1 year ago

By the way, out of curiosity I would welcome a link to the other mods crafted by Medisinyl

I did a cursory search, found the Elvira, Alice Cooper and America Most Haunted ones. But not sure what machine is RZ ? Did I miss any other ?

Cheers

#64 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

By the way, out of curiosity I would welcome a link to the other mods crafted by Medisinyl
I did a cursory search, found the Elvira, Alice Cooper and America Most Haunted ones. But not sure what machine is RZ ? Did I miss any other ?
Cheers

Rob Zombie

#65 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Cheers

*** Swords of Fury. Discontinued almost immediately as I was too naive in my design, leading to tedious paint work that took three hours, but the set remains freely available to download for DIY on Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4460224

4cc0843e33bcfe99be1e376e5fe9f94a2157b2fc (resized).jpg4cc0843e33bcfe99be1e376e5fe9f94a2157b2fc (resized).jpg

*** Judge Dredd (an improved V2 can be seen later in the thread): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interactive-judge-dredd-sniper-tower-mod-development-thread

20171023_163428 (resized).jpg20171023_163428 (resized).jpg

*** BSD: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-interactive-led-stained-glass-castle-switch-covers-mod-thread#post-6754388 - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-custom-bsd-coffin-and-headstone-mods-medisinyl-mods-dracula#post-6260250

*** Rob Zombie: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interactive-rob-zombie-mausoleum-mod-living-dead-girl-/page/4#post-6460599 - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombie-interactive-spine-tunnel-medisinyl-mods/page/2#post-6809913 - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombie-3d-gas-station-pumps-and-awning-medisinyl-mods/page/2#post-4701306 - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombie-pussy-liquors-and-murder-ride-signs-medisinyl-mods#post-6778162 - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombie-ball-stop-modfix-medisinyl-mods#post-4400251

ef6b68c6648eefaa58c77c3e3c67c8b604ca60e8 (1) (resized).jpgef6b68c6648eefaa58c77c3e3c67c8b604ca60e8 (1) (resized).jpg

*** Iron Maiden (a complete failure that was discontinued immediately, with a super cheesy video, but I still love the mod in my game...though the beginning of a very concerning period for the viability of this work, and I wouldn't recover until ACNC [despite the BSD coffin set, GB cloud, and IJ rails in between..]): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interactive-tomb-mod-for-iron-maiden-pro-medisinyl-mods-#post-6899166

838e314e0caafbdc2e6ac1ebcb664fd038922399 (1) (resized).jpg838e314e0caafbdc2e6ac1ebcb664fd038922399 (1) (resized).jpg

*** IJ PoA rails (these were a nightmare to make, and I grossly under-priced them for the work, mess, and expense involved, so I discontinued them after only making about 17 [didn't have the heart to double the price to make them feasible], though demand for them is many multiples beyond what exists--I've never seen a set sell second hand, but would be curious to know what they'd fetch if they did). This is the only clay sculpted, silicone molded, resin cast mod I've made thus far.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-hand-sculpted-poa-rails-medisinyl-mods-development/page/2#post-6333856

Prototype gray version shown here:

*** IJ Jackpot mod: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-temple-fire-light-jackpot-mod-medisinyl-mods-#post-6497070

*** Ghostbusters Cloud (not on par in quality with my other mods, but looks great installed with the pop interaction IMO): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-interactive-cloud-mod-medisinyl-mods-bf-sale-#post-5856663

*** Alice Cooper: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-cooper-mods-3d-tower-arch-and-more-soon-medisinyl-mods-/page/2#post-6859648

*** Elvira HOH: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods/page/18#post-7001485

*** TMNT (this was a theme I really wanted to mod for, though a poor decision with a giant list still remaining on Elvira, and many other mods still in production at the time, so juggling everything became chaotic, and many on the TMNT list would disappear with the long wait times) : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-medisinyl-mods-tmnt-mod-development-thread-/page/9#post-6833421

*** AMH (by this point I had six months of backlogged orders, and was feeling trapped, so I hired help and discontinued most products to buy the time to develop the set--easily the most difficult set to design and produce [on the production side, the process to get the desired finish by staining and sanding the wood filament was more difficult than one could expect]). https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medisinyl-mods-america-s-most-haunted-amh-limited-set

*** Stranger Things--the current set, and I also posted a DIY to bring a theater-like experience to the projection quality: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-stranger-things-prem-le-darkstar-9-screen-details/page/3#post-6958078

#66 1 year ago

Many thanks for the exhaustive list. I sense an attraction to horror themes (with a few exceptions)

Indeed the Indy rails were superb.

#67 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Many thanks for the exhaustive list. I sense an attraction to horror themes (with a few exceptions)
Indeed the Indy rails were superb.

As I've considered making a master thread that people could follow to not miss out on releases (requested by several), it's info I'd likely put in the first post, so I figured this was an opportunity to save time down the road if I make that thread

Horror is indeed my preference, and I hope something comes along that allows and inspires something more gruesome than I've been able to create thus far.

I wouldn't be able to motivate myself to make mods just for money, so there will be some pattern to what I tackle (even something like TMNT holds strong nostalgia). I receive requests on every new game release, but if I don't have an emotional connection to the theme or what could be made, it just won't happen.

#68 1 year ago

Premium with Uv kit

#69 1 year ago

Reiterating here for tomorrow:

The best way to guarantee the earliest spot possible will be to post interest in the thread here after the list opens (a PM could make it hard to know fair placement if not seen quickly, while a post inherently keeps track).

Ignore the previous copy/paste instruction as that may just be confusing if these wind up being popular. I'll add everyone to the list afterward.

Just state model (Prem/LE or Pro) and if you have the UV kit or not (this just tells me if I need to include hardware).

Pro models won't be shipping until sometime later, but I'll go back in list order once they are.

Quoted from Boatinpaul:

Premium with Uv kit

In an effort to have the most reliable list, please re-confirm interest tomorrow after 8:30PM EST.

By then, the set will have been revealed on SDTM, and everyone can make an informed decision.

Thank you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: To avoid any confusion, I'll be making a thread post here once the list is open (as close to 8:30 as possible).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#70 1 year ago

I feel I’m informed enough, but will come back at 8:30 tomorrow to type my name in.

#71 1 year ago

*continuously checking the SDTM youtube for the reveal*

#72 1 year ago

Excited to see this! I'll just have to purchase another ST to add the mod to...

#73 1 year ago

LE uv with kit

#74 1 year ago

That doesn't work until 8:30.

#75 1 year ago

Yeah no line jumping bud!!

#76 1 year ago

I’m a little nervous. Please be careful everyone! This all could be a trap with Vecna waiting to pull us all in to the Upside down.

#77 1 year ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

I’m a little nervous. Please be careful everyone! This all could be a trap with Vecna waiting to pull us all in to the Upside down.

The only thing going upside down is my bank account when I buy Stranger things just for this mod.

#78 1 year ago

2 more hours!

1F7DF0C3-48A2-4C5A-A23E-D6518DE6FB81.gif1F7DF0C3-48A2-4C5A-A23E-D6518DE6FB81.gif
#79 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

The only thing going upside down is my bank account when I buy Stranger things just for this mod.

Yep, seriously...if they dropped another Premium run, I'd buy in just for the proper mod set.

#80 1 year ago

So I’m hoping there will be time after the reveal to think about it before putting your name on the list. I know fomo is desired but it would be nice not have to make a decision right away.

#81 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

So I’m hoping there will be time after the reveal to think about it before putting your name on the list. I know fomo is desired but it would be nice not have to make a decision right away.

MEDISINYL said previously as long as there is demand it will be available, might have to wait longer but if you want it you should be able to get it

#82 1 year ago

It’s supposed to post before 830 right? Or is it posting and the listing opening at the same time?

#83 1 year ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

It’s supposed to post before 830 right? Or is it posting and the listing opening at the same time?

List as close to 830 as possible, video before or at that time

#84 1 year ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Quoted from Gutterghoul:

List as close to 830 as possible, video before or at that time

List at ~8:30 (I'll make a post once it's open), and video should be at 8 or earlier, at Zach's discretion.

#85 1 year ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

MEDISINYL said previously as long as there is demand it will be available, might have to wait longer but if you want it you should be able to get it

It's correct that these won't be discontinued while there's a steady list or fair time-frame, so nobody that is aware of them within the next couple years will miss out.

When they are discontinued in the future, there will be a final run call to give a fair shot at them, but once discontinued, they will no longer be available. Inevitably some that acquire the game after that point won't be able to get them.

#86 1 year ago

- Update -

It's been confirmed that the reveal/install video will be posted at 8pm on SDTM (in about 20 minutes), and the video is about 20 minutes long, which includes the install, so that should give fair time ahead of the list opening to decide.

#87 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

- Update -
It's been confirmed that the reveal/install video will be posted at 8pm on SDTM (in about 20 minutes), and the video is about 20 minutes long, which includes the install, so that should give fair time ahead of the list opening to decide.

stranger_times.gifstranger_times.gif
#88 1 year ago

Show ussssssssss

#89 1 year ago

Enjoy!

SDTM Exclusive: NEW Medisinyl Mods Stranger Things Collection (Reveal & Installation)

#90 1 year ago

My phone is messed up. The video is upside down! LMAO! I’m only one minute in. Great work on the video Zach.

#91 1 year ago

Wow!! Great mod set!! Very well done.

#92 1 year ago

Amazing set. Value of the game just went up 2k with that in it.

Btw - is the race to sign up to get number one or 11? Ha.

#93 1 year ago

Greg - Amazing stuff!

I have the Bronco, Camaro and the spinning arcade sign mods - I am just wondering where I can put these when I add this amazing mod?

#94 1 year ago

The hand in the tank!!!!!!! 830 cant come soon enough!!

#95 1 year ago

I have a UV kit and want a Pro please.

Medisinyl Great stuff

#96 1 year ago

I’m curious what the difference will be between the Pro and Prem versions. Is it just a minor fitment change you need to re-jig for?

#97 1 year ago

Can anyone explain what LIST OPENs means to a newbie?

Bren

#98 1 year ago
Quoted from DonBrendano:

I have a UV kit and want a Pro please.
Medisinyl Great stuff

nice try lol

#99 1 year ago
Quoted from DonBrendano:

Bren

It means he'll start taking down a list of people that want it at 830 or after he posts he's ready

#100 1 year ago
Quoted from DonBrendano:

Bren

Don’t bother posting what you want until after 830. Line starts then

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,070 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medisinyl-mods-stranger-things-no-list-until-fully-revealed/page/2?hl=krupps4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.