20220127_171337 (resized).jpg
20220126_153319 (resized).jpg
A0A104F8-29CE-4D6C-B5EC-8221BB55265F (resized).jpeg
hjhjhjj (resized).jpg
528A23D0-38A4-44B7-B126-1E94311B2E31 (resized).jpeg
DC6D31BF-D6B2-4280-A571-563449E5F8AF (resized).jpeg
20211205_140022 (resized).jpg
20211205_132512 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Medisinyl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Reveal video:

Back Panel Installation video:

Finally able to reveal what I've been working on since February (both exciting and nerve-racking ). While my hope had been to produce mods more often, releasing TMNT mods last year while buried in other orders didn't pan out well, but after hiring help earlier this year, hopefully I can bring more projects to pinball going forward.

----------

America's Most Haunted is a game I view to be grossly underappreciated. It has some of the best world under glass thought into the mechs and code...with no "world" (yet impressive what Spooky did with a micro budget). What was it Kaneda said...? "...ugliest pinball machine ever made"? Well, something like that...and yeah, that theater ghost art was pretty awful, so he merely peers through a broken space in the wall now

AMH was just coming out when I first got into the hobby (saw it at that TPF, and just thought it was some older game). The MSRP sounded crazy to me at the time, but I always liked my experience with the game, then saw the huge markup on resale in the early days, and thought I'd never get one, so it felt special to finally have circumstances line up to get one (a bit dramatic and dorky perhaps, but I placed my hand on the playfield once it arrived, thinking, "Wow...I actually have an America's Most Haunted" ).

------------------------------------

*31 custom designed 3D printed parts are used to assemble each set (on top of electronics, decals, etc.).

* 6 new lights. Three independently flickering lights on the back panel (center is a 12V strip with a flicker circuit added, so it's able to illuminate the back of the game, yet maintain a spooky atmosphere). A/C Vent flickers green right before the ball shoots out of the VUK, suggesting the ball goes through the vent. Lit Morgue Theater sign, and lit Hellevator Dial.

* 3D XXX bottle, inspired by the bar ghost art, lights up with the factory pop bumper light.

* Motorized Hellevator dial (1...2...3...4...5...666 ).

* Mechanically interactive laundry chute door and bar counter.

* 30% real wood filament. This is sanded and stained multiple times before painting stages.

* Widened back panel for greater immersion -- no more gaps at each side (small pieces at the corners are easily removed in a few seconds when needing to lift the playfield to max).

* Designed with factory images, inserts, text, geometry etc. in mind, as to not block or clash with anything that would clearly make these look like mods rather than something that could have been factory, so there are some compromises here and there, but I was ultimately content with the overall result.

* Most ghosts are framed, with border color generally matching the mode color, and frames are designed in a stepped fashion to help sell the illusion that the images aren't behind the wall depth.

=============----------------------------------==============

The price for the set is $875 shipped domestic (I'll figure out quotes for international later on). *I may look into a potential add-on option by the time these are shipping*

=============----------------------------------==============

While I don't expect to hit the hard cap, I'll be willing to make up to 48 limited, hand numbered sets (plus my set and the set that will go to Spooky [these will be part of the numbered set, for a max of 50]).

OR - Whatever interest I get by the end of August.

I'll start shipping in early September and will hand number inside the Morgue Theater (could be seen if peered in from the left) once I know the final number. As this is likely the last opportunity to put as much time into such a limited game, I wanted to make this one special for those that support it.

-Ultimately I went into this motivated by a personal passion for the project, felt the game deserved a facelift, and thought I may be the only modder crazy enough to do it , so I'm just happy to share something that I hope is entertaining for those of us that still find magic in toys. If it manages to meet similar demand as RZ did, then that would be a pleasant surprise--I do hope many others are able to experience AMH this way.

-----------------------------------------------------

More information to come later on.

------------------------------------------------------

back panel wiring (resized).jpgback panel wiring (resized).jpgbeforeafteramh (resized).jpgbeforeafteramh (resized).jpgbotttt (resized).jpgbotttt (resized).jpgeleeeee (resized).jpgeleeeee (resized).jpg
railingsss (resized).jpgrailingsss (resized).jpg

#3 2 years ago

Noted. Thank you.

--------------------

If interested (note pricing is $875 shipped domestic per set), please make a post adding your screen-name to the list (I saw this method in another thread and thought it would help against excess PMs). Just copy/paste the previous list and add your spot.

Currently pending spots represent those that asked to be on a list before pricing and mods were revealed (can just PM me or post here to confirm if I don't ask first). Will confirm on those soon.

1) pending
2) pending
3) PaulCoff
4) pending
5) pending
6) pending
7) pending
8) pending
9) pending
10) pending
11) pending
12) pending
13) pending
14) pending
15) ToucanF16

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

Gag me with a spoon, I’m in.

Thank you. Got it down (feel like this is Family Feud as I'm revealing the hidden panels ).

1) pending
2) EasternBloc
3) PaulCoff
4) pending
5) pending
6) pending
7) pending
8) pending
9) pending
10) pending
11) pending
12) pending
13) pending
14) pending
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

I’m in for sure. Looks incredible. Thanks!

1) pending
2) EasternBloc
3) PaulCoff
4) pending
5) pending
6) pending
7) pending
8) adamgacek
9) pending
10) pending
11) pending
12) pending
13) pending
14) pending
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

Looks awesome. Please add me to list. Thanks

I appreciate your interest. Got you down.

For those that are interested, please copy/paste the previous list and add your screen-name. Makes it a little easier. Thank you

1) pending
2) EasternBloc
3) PaulCoff
4) pending
5) pending
6) pending
7) pending
8) adamgacek
9) pending
10) pending
11) pending
12) pending
13) pending
14) pending
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak

Quoted from cleanandlevel:

knocked it out of the park... again...
congrats bruv, looks amazing =)

Glad to see it's being so well received . This set nearly defeated me a few times

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

This set of mods looks freaking sweet, well done - still would love to find this game one day - not many in Australia

Thank you! It's always rewarding to see such feedback from fellow modders.

Good luck in the search.

Quoted from shovelhed:

I don’t own the pin, but these are bad ass. I wish you would do your magic on Stern star wars! Great job!

I've got plans for many games, and I can't say for sure I'll never get to Star Wars (I'd like to get a Premium one day). Just haven't been able to release much with the demand for everything since Elvira (closed out lots of mods this year to help dig out of it and move forward [hired someone as well]).

Next most likely games are revisiting ACNC, then getting to Stranger Things, Whirlwind, and Halloween eventually. Subject to change...

#17 2 years ago

1) pending
2) EasternBloc
3) PaulCoff
4) pending
5) pending
6) pending
7) pending
8) adamgacek
9) pending
10) pending
11) pending
12) pending
13) pending
14) pending
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

Please add me to the list too!

Thank you, Bill. I've got you down

1) pending
2) EasternBloc
3) PaulCoff
4) pending
5) pending
6) pending
7) RebelGuitars
8) adamgacek
9) pending
10) pending
11) pending
12) pending
13) pending
14) pending
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from Street:

Please put me on the list. Thanks

1) pending
2) EasternBloc
3) PaulCoff
4) pending
5) pending
6) pending
7) RebelGuitars
8) adamgacek
9) pending
10) pending
11) pending
12) pending
13) pending
14) pending
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64
21) Street

Any new interest, please feel free to copy/paste the prior list and add your name.

#24 2 years ago

Crile1 confirmed.

1) pending
2) EasternBloc
3) PaulCoff
4) pending
5) pending
6) pending
7) RebelGuitars
8) adamgacek
9) pending
10) pending
11) pending
12) pending
13) Crile1
14) pending
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64
21) Street

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Hell yes, I’m in![quoted image]

1) pending
2) EasternBloc
3) PaulCoff
4) pending
5) pending
6) pending
7) RebelGuitars
8) adamgacek
9) Nevus
10) pending
11) pending
12) pending
13) Crile1
14) pending
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64
21) Street

#28 2 years ago

locustgrovepin confirmed.

1) pending
2) EasternBloc
3) PaulCoff
4) pending
5) pending
6) pending
7) RebelGuitars
8) adamgacek
9) Nevus
10) pending
11) pending
12) locustgrovepin
13) Crile1
14) pending
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64
21) Street

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Medisinyl I just had to chime in at how awesome these mods are, excellent work! I don't own an AMH but enjoy following all of your mods for every game as they are truly transformative

Quoted from Mudflaps:

You’ve done it again! Congratulations and nice work. Your stuff is always next level.

Quoted from jellikit:

A shout out to a great modder and person. We can never have enough people like Greg who promote the positivity of the hobby. Bravo once again on what looks to be a great set of mods for AMH!

Thank you all for the glowing feedback. It really means a lot.

If it weren't for the success of the Rob Zombie mods, the ACNC and Elvira mods wouldn't have been possible, and the success of the Elvira mods is what made this set possible (after the complete failure of the Iron Maiden Tomb mod a few years ago, I was afraid to tackle another large mod in the short term [...then came the nightmare of the Indiana Jones mods...perhaps I'll tell that story one day], so I was glad to have the opportunity to load this unique game with large mods [whether it sells well or not]).

Some have supported nearly every mod I've made, and I can't thank those people enough. Being able to direct my skills toward something I'm passionate about is a dream come true. Thank you!

1) pending
2) EasternBloc
3) PaulCoff
4) pending
5) pending
6) pending
7) RebelGuitars
8) adamgacek
9) Nevus
10) pending
11) pending
12) pending
13) Crile1
14) pending
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64
21) Street
22) leaffan67

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Man, that back panel is perfect. Great job coming up with the picture frames!

Glad you like the frames ...the first version of the back panel that was scrapped didn't have them...

-----

..and...JeffF and locustgrovepin confirmed

1) pending
2) EasternBloc
3) PaulCoff
4) pending
5) pending
6) pending
7) RebelGuitars
8) adamgacek
9) Nevus
10) pending
11) JeffF
12) locustgrovepin
13) Crile1
14) pending
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64
21) Street
22) leaffan67

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Congrats, man.
This is honestly the SICKEST mod since the Pinbits lighted ramps for Tron Pros. Maybe better. Probably better.

Thank you for that feedback. While I'd love for this set to be nominated for a TWIPY, I fear the production run is too limited to get such recognition, but for the sake of comparison, the Elvira set that got 3rd place this year took me about one week to develop once CAD began...this took four out of the last five months (nights/weekends when possible)...more challenging than expected.

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

I’m in. Add me to the list!!! My favorite Spooky game.

1) pending
2) EasternBloc
3) PaulCoff
4) pending
5) pending
6) pending
7) RebelGuitars
8) adamgacek
9) Nevus
10) pending
11) pending
12) pending
13) Crile1
14) pending
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64
21) Street
22) leaffan67
23) calprog

For new interest, feel free to copy/paste the prior list and add your screen-name.

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

Medisinyl , Did you put some type of glow in the dark paint on the footprints on the airball catcher to the hellevator? Yours seem to have a greenish hue to them that mine don not have. Just curious, really looking forward to installing this awesome set.

Mine had green on the footprints when I got the game, and I didn't realize that wasn't normal--I added green footprints to match on the top of the theater, but perhaps that isn't in line with other games.

I had to remove several added lights from the game and a chunk of hot glue off the right flasher when it arrived, so it's not a surprise that it may have been modded on that ramp shield, but not by me.

#43 2 years ago

Magicchiz confirmed.

1) pending
2) EasternBloc
3) PaulCoff
4) pending
5) pending
6) pending
7) RebelGuitars
8) adamgacek
9) Nevus
10) pending
11) pending
12) pending
13) Crile1
14) Magicchiz
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64
21) Street
22) leaffan67
23) calprog

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I am thinking of buying one of these kits and I don't own AMH or pay for mods!
[quoted image]

Ha , well, I do hope that anyone that may want an AMH in the future (and wants the mods) notices the window of opportunity (I tend to get my head torn off about discontinued mods, but it is reassuring).

I was afraid I may have put too much into this set, and that the price would be a barrier against getting these into other games, especially for such a low run game, so I'm elated to see the positive response.

It's important to me that my work carries real value for those that support it, and I'm proud to be able to say that every mod I've created thus far has maintained value or appreciated, which I think is the greatest "thank you" I can offer my supporters, and I hope that's able to continue.

-- I will note, that despite these being limited and numbered, if any original purchaser (EDIT: likely anyone really) has an issue with the set, for as long as I'm still making mods, they'll be covered for repair or a replacement swap if necessary.

#51 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yeah something tells me these are going to be bonkers to find for people that miss them and then end up wanting it.

If Rob Zombie is any indicator, with some of those mods in over 1/3 of all RZ games (over the course of a few years), and people still can't find them second hand, it's reasonable to expect this AMH set will hold up well once the dust settles, though I know most on the current list are the sort to keep AMH "bolted to the floor."

Quoted from swinks:

I would almost call this a Atmosphere Kit rather than a mod, enhances the game so much

I'm glad it can be seen that way

If the set were to only wind up in a few machines, I expect it would mostly be a forgotten anomaly in the future, but it looks like it should make it into a good % of the production run, in which case, it would be cool if it becomes thought of as its own version of the game.

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Boy that seems like a real blessing it went down that way. People like that aren't even worth the trouble. Dodged a bullet there.

Ha , I deleted that part right before seeing your message, as I tend to ramble too much, but a bullet dodged indeed.

-------

EDIT: Still planning to get more video and images posted eventually.

If there's any request to get a better look at something specific, just let me know.

I'll message those on the early list by tonight to confirm or remove the remaining pending spots.

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I’m curious about power.
Do you tap in to the existing lighting?

Good question.

I have those photos on hand (will be in the instructions once created).

Those that have ACNC or RZ mods will be familiar with the power box I've used for the Spooky games.

The back panel lighting and Morgue Theater sign are connected to 12V (+V), and the elevator's motor and light connect to 5V (+5V).

The A/C Vent lighting is attached to the back left flasher with the connectors shown (same as I include with the RGB ACNC Crypt).
20210713_194807 (resized).jpg20210713_194807 (resized).jpg20210714_083305 (resized).jpg20210714_083305 (resized).jpg

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Thanks
I’ve got one of those in my AMH powering some lighting mods.

Yeah, that's factory in all of them. Just meant I tap into it, but I can see how my wording wasn't the clearest

#59 2 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Has anybody else watched the video a couple dozen times. LOL.

I've watched it a bunch, as I try to detach myself from the project to see how it may be viewed by others, but it doesn't work

I don't have any video or editing skills, but attempted to make this one a little more interesting than past reveals.

The :47 second mark gives a fair idea of the sensation you may get from the door opening and accessing an area that more genuinely feels locked off, and when the door slams in the game, it's "felt" in a very different way (more psychologically believable that a door actually slammed). Though I could just be overly emotional with these things

#60 2 years ago

Updating the list here as I noticed the previous one was missing a couple. I just sent out messages to those I still have as pending. If I missed anyone that had asked to get on the list, just let me know.

1) pending
2) EasternBloc
3) PaulCoff
4) pending
5) pending
6) pending
7) RebelGuitars
8) adamgacek
9) Nevus
10) pending
11) JeffF
12) locustgrovepin
13) Crile1
14) Magicchiz
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64
21) Street
22) leaffan67
23) calprog

--------------------

Aside from the more recently completed designs, over the last months I've prepared about 15 sets worth of parts (have only had one printer dedicated to AMH, but soon we'll finally be caught up with other orders and can switch our focus to AMH 100%)--I'll be aiming to have as many sets as possible ready to ship in early Sept.

#61 2 years ago

Vilant confirmed*

1) pending
2) EasternBloc
3) PaulCoff
4)
5) pending
6) Vilant
7) RebelGuitars
8) adamgacek
9) Nevus
10)
11) JeffF
12) locustgrovepin
13) Crile1
14) Magicchiz
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64
21) Street
22) leaffan67
23) calprog

#62 2 years ago

I've just uploaded a video of the back panel installation.

This also shows how easily the corners are removed and replaced.

The wiring length and center panel loops are designed to give enough freedom to install the panels, but pull it all cleanly together once installed.

The left panel has a stopper to the far left, so there's no guessing on alignment, then the rest of the panels interlink. Done properly, the holes in the rightmost panel should line up perfectly with the eyes of the theater ghost from player perspective.

15lb mounting tape is used at the top only, and the panels are removable without damage to them or the game (panels can be restored with new mounting tape if ever needed to sell the set).

#63 2 years ago

Timfenske11 confirmed.

1) Timfenske11
2) EasternBloc
3) PaulCoff
4)
5) pending
6) Vilant
7) RebelGuitars
8) adamgacek
9) Nevus
10)
11) JeffF
12) locustgrovepin
13) Crile1
14) Magicchiz
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64
21) Street
22) leaffan67
23) calprog

#64 2 years ago

herg added.

I'll clean up the list once I know on the last pending spot.

As the early response has exceeded expectations, I'm hoping I'll be able to sweeten the deal a little bit if I can successfully design something in time.

1) Timfenske11
2) EasternBloc
3) PaulCoff
4)
5) pending
6) Vilant
7) RebelGuitars
8) adamgacek
9) Nevus
10)
11) JeffF
12) locustgrovepin
13) Crile1
14) Magicchiz
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64
21) Street
22) leaffan67
23) calprog
24) herg

#66 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I am trying to figure out how to post this message in a clean manner, but I just can't. The only thing that comes out of my mouth (or fingers) is "Holy Fuck!!". You are a true master!
No one else has ever made me want to own a game just for the sole purpose of being able to buy your mods! I literally bought all of the ACNC mods before I bought my ACNC pin, and here I am considering buying this set without any chance of owning an AMH anytime soon. But I am going to use better judgement this time and not pull the trigger because I seriously have no clue if or when I will ever be able to land an AMH. But while AMH was been on my radar for years, your mods really make me want it ASAP due to FOMO.... lol
I guess I will just rejoice in the fact that you are in on Halloween so I know there will be some amazing mods in the future that I can throw my money at you for, but the way you have transformed the look of AMH with what you have done is just unbelievable. I do not know how you can top this one as far as overall makeovers go.
I am making it my goal to always have some of your mods in my possession from here forward. I had to sell ACNC recently, but my HEP restored JD proudly has your sniper tower in it, so that will have to suffice until you get Halloween done!

Ha! That works for me I appreciate the feedback.

And yeah, there may not be any other games out there quite as cosmetically barren and deserving of a facelift to top this set on the transformation aspect, but I've got some future ideas for other games that hopefully wind up as neat to see if I can bring them to fruition, and seeing that the AMH set isn't a flop, it opens up the door to tackle a similar effort eventually for more popular games.

Looking forward to Halloween. As I don't like to step on the toes of other modders, depending on when I get my game and such, some things may already be covered, but we'll see

Glad you're enjoying the JD Sniper Tower (Of the first few mods I put out there, it's the only one I'm still happy with [the SoF mod and BSD switch covers don't live up to what I'm able to do now]).

#68 2 years ago

tharm added

1) Timfenske11
2) EasternBloc
3) PaulCoff
4)
5) pending
6) Vilant
7) RebelGuitars
8) adamgacek
9) Nevus
10)
11) JeffF
12) locustgrovepin
13) Crile1
14) Magicchiz
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64
21) Street
22) leaffan67
23) calprog
24) herg
25) tharm

#69 2 years ago

Toby confirmed. P1nhead added. List cleaned up, and better represents rough number to expect.

Toward the end of August, I'll send PMs out for payment to anyone that makes the first shipment batch. With greater preparations this time around and hired help, I'm hoping for a much smoother and quicker turnaround time compared to the last couple releases.

1) Set for my game
2) Set that will go to Spooky

-------------------------------

3) Timfenske11
4) EasternBloc
5) PaulCoff
6) Toby
7) Vilant
8) RebelGuitars
9) adamgacek
10) Nevus
11) JeffF
12) locustgrovepin
13) Crile1
14) Magicchiz
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64
21) Street
22) leaffan67
23) calprog
24) herg
25) tharm
26) P1nhead (requested to be made last)

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from Acejedi:

Add me Please, I love my AMH these look amazing.
Joe
AceJedi

Thank you. I've got you down

1) Set for my game

3) Timfenske11
4) EasternBloc
5) PaulCoff
6) Toby
7) Vilant
8) RebelGuitars
9) adamgacek
10) Nevus
11) JeffF
12) locustgrovepin
13) Crile1
14) Magicchiz
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64
21) Street
22) leaffan67
23) calprog
24) herg
25) tharm
27) Acejedi

#72 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

PLEASE step on toes!! Just because someone makes a mod for a certain area, does not mean that it is to everyone's tastes. Options are always great and extremely welcome. I will tell you this, if you and I have the same distributor and I end up with an earlier number than you, I will GLADLY trade so that you can get to work earlier on your mods. The thought of you having a later machine (I remember reading you hit a delay) and NOT making a mod just because someone else might make something for an area of the game brings tears to Michael Myers' eyes.
Ok, sorry for the thread derailment. I saw a shiny object. Back to AMH...

I'm sure it won't have to come to that, but of course I greatly appreciate the offer.

EDIT: Removing the drama.

#74 2 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Add me on please

1) Set for my game

3) Timfenske11
4) EasternBloc
5) PaulCoff
6) Toby
7) Vilant
8) RebelGuitars
9) adamgacek
10) Nevus
11) JeffF
12) locustgrovepin
13) Crile1
14) Magicchiz
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64
21) Street
22) leaffan67
23) calprog
24) herg
25) tharm
27) Acejedi
28) 2Kaulitz

#76 2 years ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

Add me please.
Thank you!

1) Set for my game

3) Timfenske11
4) EasternBloc
5) PaulCoff
6) Toby
7) Vilant
8) RebelGuitars
9) adamgacek
10) Nevus
11) JeffF
12) locustgrovepin
13) Crile1
14) Magicchiz
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64
21) Street
22) leaffan67
23) calprog
24) herg
25) tharm
27) Acejedi
28) 2Kaulitz
29) Mdanielb

#78 2 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

I'm looking forward to this even more now that I learned I'm 29 away from being LAST in the Spooky Halloween run.

And I look forward to these getting into other games

I've been working toward a few more pieces to throw in, so hopefully it all works out and I can show them soon.

For a clue, here's pre-CAD sketching for one of the pieces (already finished and tested successfully).
20210725_042206 (resized).jpg20210725_042206 (resized).jpg

#79 2 years ago

Balcony railings are complete (jump ramp tested several times after install with no issues). Brings the 3D printed parts count up per set to ~36--to be thrown in at no extra charge.

Designed, stained, and sanded to give a simple, hand carved, worn/aged look (same 30% wood filament as the other parts, to better bring the set and factory game together).

The sketch above was for the longest piece. Being self taught, that may be an unusual/tedious way to get to the final result.

Intending to make a decal as well, and will post an installed pic once that's complete.
20210725_214449 (resized).jpg20210725_214449 (resized).jpg4d3628b5cfb13023487df325e6c8a7c3f0526fdb2 (resized).jpg4d3628b5cfb13023487df325e6c8a7c3f0526fdb2 (resized).jpg

#80 2 years ago

Before/After for the railings.

Scrapping the decal attempt (wasn't happy with it).

20210726_030554 (resized).jpg20210726_030554 (resized).jpg20210726_030629 (resized).jpg20210726_030629 (resized).jpg

railingsss (resized).jpgrailingsss (resized).jpg
#82 2 years ago

*DakotaMike added*

1) Set for my game

3) Timfenske11
4) EasternBloc
5) PaulCoff
6) Toby
7) Vilant
8) RebelGuitars
9) adamgacek
10) Nevus
11) JeffF
12) locustgrovepin
13) Crile1
14) Magicchiz
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64
21) Street
22) leaffan67
23) calprog
24) herg
25) tharm
26) P1nhead (requested to be at the end)
27) Acejedi
28) 2Kaulitz
29) Mdanielb
30) DakotaMike (requested to be at the end)

#87 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

This is so awesome. Every time I open the coin door to my AMH, I get that unique smell of a machine that was built by an American Family who cares.
These Medisinyl AMH Mods will strengthen the character of the machine and look OUTSTANDING!

Quoted from dendoc:

At least one set will be coming to Australia! I put this game in our competitions as much as possible because it's such a fun game to play and people don't get to see it as often as they should. These enhancements make it truly a professional looking game and will elevate it from Spooky's first "amateur" effort to a fully fledged premium machine. Thanks for looking after one of my favourite "babies"!

Quoted from db666:

I see 3 of us Aussies. And I think there's only 6 AMH that made it machines here? First the Colour screen and now this package - very thankful for the effort that has been put in to create for such a small run game.

There's definitely some extra magic to Spooky's first games. The personality and character of those behind the games is certainly part of that.

I'm happy to see that others share in my view of AMH in stock form (despite the criticism it receives) and see the value in the mod set. There's really some cool stuff going on in AMH that I hope the set helps bring to life.

Perhaps it's a faux pas to post part of a PM (pre-reveal), but I think this one is harmless, and some may find humor in Charlie's surprise that I was even bothering with AMH (my response was echoed a bit in the reveal post).

At the time of the PM, I thought I may wind up somewhere between a loss and breaking even.

762d197b1c1d4c391e8ec25dd2239bd0e334313e (resized).jpg762d197b1c1d4c391e8ec25dd2239bd0e334313e (resized).jpg

#90 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I'm glad I have the forensic filter to remove what's scratched out! Good stuff from Charlie there!

Haha

There's really nothing to read into from that PM chain. It started with something unrelated to pinball, and I mentioned I'd have an AMH set to send him in a couple months (at the time of the PM).

I had heard Charlie mention a ways back in a podcast that he doesn't mind seeing Spooky games get modded, he just wants one of each mod sent to him, and I've been happy to oblige

#91 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

Or 3 haha John. I put the upgraded armour kit on. Wow it looks beautiful in person, pearlescent white.
Can’t wait for these truly professional. Thanks Gav

I've been lucky to have strong support from the Aussies. If curious, OZ is easily 2nd (after USA) that I ship to, and I believe Germany is #3. Canada isn't as often as I'd expect.

I've wondered what the upgraded armor would look like if it was chromed. Has anyone done that?

#92 2 years ago

*Aeolus7 added*

1) Set for my game

3) Timfenske11
4) EasternBloc
5) PaulCoff
6) Toby
7) Vilant
8) RebelGuitars
9) adamgacek
10) Nevus
11) JeffF
12) locustgrovepin
13) Crile1
14) Magicchiz
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64
21) Street
22) leaffan67
23) calprog
24) herg
25) tharm
27) Acejedi
28) 2Kaulitz
29) Mdanielb
31) Dendoc
32) Aeolus7

#94 2 years ago

Got it. I appreciate your interest

1) Set for my game

3) Timfenske11
4) EasternBloc
5) PaulCoff
6) Toby
7) Vilant
8) RebelGuitars
9) adamgacek
10) Nevus
11) JeffF
12) locustgrovepin
13) Crile1
14) Magicchiz
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64
21) Street
22) leaffan67
23) calprog
24) herg
25) tharm
27) Acejedi
28) 2Kaulitz
29) Mdanielb
31) Dendoc
32) Aeolus7
33) joetechbob

#96 2 years ago
Quoted from Kolrath:

I'm in for one

Thank you! Got you down

1) Set for my game

3) Timfenske11
4) EasternBloc
5) PaulCoff
6) Toby
7) Vilant
8) RebelGuitars
9) adamgacek
10) Nevus
11) JeffF
12) locustgrovepin
13) Crile1
14) Magicchiz
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64
21) Street
22) leaffan67
23) calprog
24) herg
25) tharm
27) Acejedi
28) 2Kaulitz
29) Mdanielb
31) Dendoc
32) Aeolus7
33) joetechbob
34) Kolrath

#103 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Is one going to Spooky Pinball? If not I'd be interested in chipping in to buy one for AMH #1 which is still on route in Benton, WI.
EDIT: Nevermind, I see them on the list. Thank you.

Quoted from herg:

The one in Benton must be prototype #1 because production #1 is in my basement.

I may have read that there was more than a couple pre-production games (3/4?), but don't quote me on that

And yeah, since Alice, I've given Spooky a copy of every mod

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[[*****>> Some may be happy to know that I've submitted the form to bring this game to Southern Fried Gaming Expo (SFGE) <<*****]]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#106 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Please add me to the list

Thank you. Noted

-----------------------------------

1) Set for my game

3) Timfenske11
4) EasternBloc
5) PaulCoff
6) Toby
7) Vilant
8) RebelGuitars
9) adamgacek
10) Nevus
11) JeffF
12) locustgrovepin
13) Crile1
14) Magicchiz
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64
21) Street
22) leaffan67
23) calprog
24) herg
25) tharm
27) Acejedi
28) 2Kaulitz
29) Mdanielb
31) Dendoc
32) Aeolus7
33) joetechbob
34) Kolrath
35) ultimategameroom

#108 2 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

I have prototype #4 which looks like the last one...
[quoted image]

Thank you for that clear confirmation

Interesting to know that at least two of these sets will be going to games outside the 150.

Quoted from ToucanF16:

You’ve got a quarter of the games covered.

Indeed, very close to that, and certainly more interest than I thought I could get in such a short period

Thanks again to everyone for the support on this project.

#109 2 years ago

*gottafixit* added

1) Set for my game

3) Timfenske11
4) EasternBloc
5) PaulCoff
6) Toby
7) Vilant
8) RebelGuitars
9) adamgacek
10) Nevus
11) JeffF
12) locustgrovepin
13) Crile1
14) Magicchiz
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64
21) Street
22) leaffan67
23) calprog
24) herg
25) tharm
27) Acejedi
28) 2Kaulitz
29) Mdanielb
31) Dendoc
32) Aeolus7
33) joetechbob
34) Kolrath
35) ultimategameroom
36) gottafixit

#112 2 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Will it be easier to ship the 3 Aussie packs to the one address and we can then distribute internally? Postage is a killer over here! Or if timing works - pop them in the next Spooky container coming over

Not certain what it will cost as of yet. This set is larger than any single set I've shipped there before. I'll post here once I have a fully finished, packaged set together for estimates.

We've been making AMH parts for awhile, and are transitioning to stacking 3D printers to add more (already on hand), so production should go quickly once we switch over to the finishing/electronics stages (50 motors arrived yesterday, just in case these sell out).

By early next week, we'll be 100% on AMH.

#115 2 years ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

Wow Medisinyl you really have transformed that pinball into I want one

Thank you for the great feedback I'm always a bit insecure about what I present, and while I value all feedback, it's particularly reassuring to hear it from a fellow modder.

Quoted from ToucanF16:

Sounds like you’ve got quite the production line going!

While still small in the grand scheme of things, the response on Elvira and TMNT ultimately forced some changes here for the better going forward (I'm still involved with every part of the process and do most of the build, so no concerns there).

#117 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Oké put me on the list! Looks awsome
I’m international so we need to check that later .

1) Set for my game

3) Timfenske11
4) EasternBloc
5) PaulCoff
6) Toby
7) Vilant
8) RebelGuitars
9) adamgacek
10) Nevus
11) JeffF
12) locustgrovepin
13) Crile1
14) Magicchiz
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64
21) Street
22) leaffan67
23) calprog
24) herg
25) tharm
27) Acejedi
28) 2Kaulitz
29) Mdanielb
31) Dendoc
32) Aeolus7
33) joetechbob
34) Kolrath
35) ultimategameroom
36) gottafixit (req. end)
37) AMSNL

#119 2 years ago

*adamross added*

1) Set for my game

3) Timfenske11
4) EasternBloc
5) PaulCoff
6) Toby
7) Vilant
8) RebelGuitars
9) adamgacek
10) Nevus
11) JeffF
12) locustgrovepin
13) Crile1
14) Magicchiz
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64
21) Street
22) leaffan67
23) calprog
24) herg
25) tharm
27) Acejedi
28) 2Kaulitz
29) Mdanielb
31) Dendoc
32) Aeolus7
33) joetechbob
34) Kolrath
35) ultimategameroom
37) AMSNL
38) adamross

#121 2 years ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

I don’t have an AMH, But just wanted to say that is awesome.
Would be surprised if you don’t sell a set for every machine that is out there…

Thank you for the positive feedback

Though these are capped at 50 sets, so just under 1/3 of production games max if they sell out this month.

#123 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

F it. I'm in too!
[quoted image]

Ha Got it Thank you.

1) Set for my game

3) Timfenske11
4) EasternBloc
5) PaulCoff
6) Toby
7) Vilant
8) RebelGuitars
9) adamgacek
10) Nevus
11) JeffF
12) locustgrovepin
13) Crile1
14) Magicchiz
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64
21) Street
22) leaffan67
23) calprog
24) herg
25) tharm
27) Acejedi
28) 2Kaulitz
29) Mdanielb
31) Dendoc
32) Aeolus7
33) joetechbob
34) Kolrath
35) ultimategameroom
37) AMSNL
38) adamross
39) Betelgeuse

#126 2 years ago

Wanted to give a shout out to my friend and assistant, Marissa (a former art teacher).

She's the one I hired back in early Feb. to help dig me out of my long backlogs, and without her help, I would never have had the time to make this set possible.

Taking on help was a very difficult hurdle for me to accept. It took a special person to meet all the criteria I'd need to feel comfortable, and taking on the responsibility of someone's income was stressful for me (never know with this sort of work if the demand will be there).

She's also been very happy to see the feedback for these and all of the mods she's helped with--knowing the positive impact the mods have on others brings a great sense of purpose

20210807_174455 (resized).jpg20210807_174455 (resized).jpg
#128 2 years ago

*doomid added*

1) Set for my game

3) Timfenske11
4) EasternBloc
5) PaulCoff
6) Toby
7) Vilant
8) RebelGuitars
9) adamgacek
10) Nevus
11) JeffF
12) locustgrovepin
13) Crile1
14) Magicchiz
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64
21) Street
22) leaffan67
23) calprog
24) herg
25) tharm
27) Acejedi
28) 2Kaulitz
29) Mdanielb
31) Dendoc
32) Aeolus7
33) joetechbob
34) Kolrath
35) ultimategameroom
37) AMSNL
38) adamross
39) Betelgeuse
40) doomid

#129 2 years ago

*carter008 added*

1) Set for my game

3) Timfenske11
4) EasternBloc
5) PaulCoff
6) Toby
7) Vilant
8) RebelGuitars
9) adamgacek
10) Nevus
11) JeffF
12) locustgrovepin
13) Crile1
14) Magicchiz
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64
21) Street
22) leaffan67
23) calprog
24) herg
25) tharm
27) Acejedi
28) 2Kaulitz
29) Mdanielb
31) Dendoc
32) Aeolus7
33) joetechbob
34) Kolrath
35) ultimategameroom
37) AMSNL
38) adamross
39) Betelgeuse
40) doomid
41) carter008

1 week later
#131 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Saturday night bump

I imagine there may be a few thread bumps during/after SFGE if anyone chooses to give their review (good or bad will be welcome).

It will also be the torture test weekend to see if anything needs a tweak before shipping.

Likely going to still be on V22 code as I worry about messing anything up before SFGE (haven't updated an AMH before, and it sounds like a laptop may be necessary to make it easier, which I don't have--if someone on site knows what to do and wanted to help update it, that would be awesome).

I'll make my cutoff on Sept. 1st, and I'll be perfectly content if we don't get beyond 41--the sets will be capped and numbered according to whatever we have by then (up to 50).

After that point, an overflow list can be made in case anyone backs out, but no sets beyond the cap on Sept. 1st would be made.

#133 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Please let me know where I need to send the funds. I appreciate you doing a torture test for needed tweaks and updating code.
P.S. Any more pics of the AMH mods or Marissa, please. Thx

I'll send out PMs with payment instructions the last weekend of August to those that will make the first shipping batch in early Sept. (in order of the list of course, so you'll be in there for sure). Payments for later sets will be taken once I'm within a week or two of shipping them.

I've been meaning to get some other media out on these eventually, write up instructions, etc. If anyone at SFGE wants to add photos/video here, that would be welcomed.

If anyone has anything specific they want a closer look at, I'll be happy to take a photo/video to post.

And Marissa will get a kick out of your request I'm sure

#135 2 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Glad I came across this....Add me to the list please! Definitely adds another dimension....

Got you down. Thank you

1) Set for my game

3) Timfenske11
4) EasternBloc
5) PaulCoff
6) Toby
7) Vilant
8) RebelGuitars
9) adamgacek
10) Nevus
11) JeffF
12) locustgrovepin
13) Crile1
14) Magicchiz
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64
21) Street
22) leaffan67
23) calprog
24) herg
25) tharm
27) Acejedi
28) 2Kaulitz
29) Mdanielb
31) Dendoc
32) Aeolus7
33) joetechbob
34) Kolrath
35) ultimategameroom
37) AMSNL
38) adamross
39) Betelgeuse
40) doomid
41) carter008
42) loren3233

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I know I used a laptop the last time I updated mine, but for some reason my own laptop wouldn't connect to AMH and I had to borrow someone elses anyway! I'll say it's worth the trouble to udate to V23, as that's a pretty substantial update that Ben rolled out long after production ended. It adds the 'Bumps in the Night' mini-wizard mode.

I certainly intend to (I've known of the differences and have been looking forward to the upgrade).

Just too nervous to touch it ahead of SFGE Didn't know I'd be bringing the game when I previously mentioned the intention to update code.

#141 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Count me in please!
Awwww sheeeeit. Getting a Halloween, and have sort of fallen in love with the Spooky brand. I will be hunting (haunting?) one of these machines down I think, and would love to have this mod set on it when it happens. Had a chance at one a few months ago, but passed it up before I knew the history of it. Womp womp.

Done

Good luck in the search. AMH trades hands more often than makes sense IMO, so one should turn up eventually, despite the recent interest bump since the mod set reveal.

The unique Spooky games and caring people behind them lend many of us to share in your love for what they're doing

1) Set for my game

3) Timfenske11
4) EasternBloc
5) PaulCoff
6) Toby
7) Vilant
8) RebelGuitars
9) adamgacek
10) Nevus
11) JeffF
12) locustgrovepin
13) Crile1
14) Magicchiz
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64
21) Street
22) leaffan67
23) calprog
24) herg
25) tharm
27) Acejedi
28) 2Kaulitz
29) Mdanielb
31) Dendoc
32) Aeolus7
33) joetechbob
34) Kolrath
35) ultimategameroom
37) AMSNL
38) adamross
39) Betelgeuse
40) doomid
41) carter008
42) loren3233
43) icyjones

Added over 3 years ago:

32) Aeolus7 --Removed (game being sold).

#142 2 years ago

Spooky Luke and Corwin (Bug) went above and beyond by installing new armor on AMH at the show for me

20210820_162301 (resized).jpg20210820_162301 (resized).jpg
#153 2 years ago

*Hooch333 added*

1) Set for my game

3) Timfenske11
4) EasternBloc
5) PaulCoff
6) Toby
7) Vilant
8) RebelGuitars
9) adamgacek
10) Nevus
11) JeffF
12) locustgrovepin
13) Crile1
14) Magicchiz
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64
21) Street
22) leaffan67
23) calprog
24) herg
25) tharm
27) Acejedi
28) 2Kaulitz
29) Mdanielb
31) Dendoc
32) joetechbob
33) Kolrath
34) ultimategameroom
35) gottafixit (req. end)
36) AMSNL
37) adamross
38) Betelgeuse
39) doomid
40) carter008
41) loren3233
42) icyjones
43) Hooch333

#154 2 years ago

Game survived the weekend far better than expected

Only had the original door servo burn out, but swapped it with a metal gear upgrade as soon as I saw it (came prepared).

Thanks again to everyone that approached me at the show with positive feedback.

Was great to meet some of you. Hopefully I wasn't too socially awkward (I certainly can be ).

If anyone saw a guy walking around with a Freddy mask on (Sunday), that was me.

20210818_153010 (resized).jpg20210818_153010 (resized).jpg
#157 2 years ago
Quoted from haveaniceswim:

You were next to me playing pinball and when I looked over I almost lost my shit…. If I knew it was you I would have said hi…

Ha! Glad you got a kick out of it.

Was an interesting challenge to play pinball in the mask. Looking down is more difficult.

33128 (resized).jpeg33128 (resized).jpeg

Quoted from icyjones:

Oh man, if I had any doubts about getting this, they have now vanished, knowing that you were probably hard at work in the boiler room making it, just like Freddy with his glove. Haha.

#163 2 years ago
Quoted from hooch333:

I sent you a PM, after we talked at show, and now I see my name on list. Thank you. I can't think of any other Mod that adds more to a game's appearance then the AMH kit you have made. Also, where did you get the white armor? My game is one of the few that has the original Ben Heck art, and I think some shade of green armor would look the best.

Spooky makes the armor kit. They had the set on sale at the show.

I've thought the original, green cabinet art would look great with the Spooky armor in a chrome finish (the white would clash IMO).

It was great meeting you at the show, and I appreciate the positive feedback

#164 2 years ago

*dnapac added*

1) Set for my game

3) Timfenske11
4) EasternBloc
5) PaulCoff
6) Toby
7) Vilant
8) RebelGuitars
9) adamgacek
10) Nevus
11) JeffF
12) locustgrovepin
13) Crile1
14) Magicchiz
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64
21) Street
22) leaffan67
23) calprog
24) herg
25) tharm
27) Acejedi
28) 2Kaulitz
29) Mdanielb
31) Dendoc
32) joetechbob
33) Kolrath
34) ultimategameroom
36) AMSNL
37) adamross
38) Betelgeuse
39) doomid
40) carter008
41) loren3233
42) icyjones
43) Hooch333
44) dnapac

#165 2 years ago

*spandol added*

I'll be making my list cutoff on Sept. 1.

We're still plugging away toward having 15 sets for the first batch, though not as far along as I hoped. We do have more than 15 sets printed for most parts now [for perspective, just 15 sets is 900+ print hours...if nothing fails ]).

** Going to hold off a week on sending out payment requests, but will post some production photos through this week**

1) Set for my game

3) Timfenske11
4) EasternBloc
5) PaulCoff
6) Toby
7) Vilant
8) RebelGuitars
9) adamgacek
10) Nevus
11) JeffF
12) locustgrovepin
13) Crile1
14) Magicchiz
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64
21) Street
22) leaffan67
23) calprog
24) herg
25) tharm
27) Acejedi
28) 2Kaulitz
29) Mdanielb
31) Dendoc
32) joetechbob
33) Kolrath
34) ultimategameroom
36) AMSNL
37) adamross
38) Betelgeuse
39) doomid
40) carter008
41) loren3233
42) icyjones
43) Hooch333
44) dnapac
45) spandol

#166 2 years ago

Just a reminder that today is the last day to get on the list.

After the cutoff is made tomorrow, if there's any late interest, an overflow list could be made in case anyone on the main list disappears.

#168 2 years ago

Will add more photos tomorrow.

Snapped a couple of Marissa making a mess

Staining and sanding the lobby desks, and prepping, sanding, and painting the bottles. They ultimately get clear coated after being assembled with the bar tray/table (clear coat also removes any hazy appearance from the sanding).

She decided to use her phone light to make sure there's no light bleed while making the black mask (the tan coloring alone doesn't block light well).

Bottle pic shows some of the evolution. They're made of PETG, so even the little handle is strong against a potential airball.

Trying to make runs of each mod section as large as we can (in the case of bottles, enough for the full interest list), so full sets will come together quickly as the last sections are tackled, rather than a set at a time, which would be inefficient.

20210827_160149 (resized).jpg20210827_160149 (resized).jpg20210831_200222 (resized).jpg20210831_200222 (resized).jpg20210831_200325 (resized).jpg20210831_200325 (resized).jpg

#169 2 years ago

Progressively cleaning out the book shelves for storing the larger unfinished parts (now half the house is 3D printers and parts...the other half is pinball machines...or feels like it anyway ).

The cutoff time has been reached, so these will be limited to 45 sets, and hand numbered inside the theater. Thanks again to everyone on the list for the overwhelming support and helping to spread this facelift into a meaningful number of games

As noted, if there's any new interest, a separate overflow list can be made in case any spots become available.

20210901_130112 (resized).jpg20210901_130112 (resized).jpg

#175 2 years ago

Misty-Moon (head of QC--paid well in "Temptations" treats) has inspected the elevator moulding prep before staining

EDIT: Added a stained photo.

20210902_160034 (resized).jpg20210902_160034 (resized).jpg

20210902_171506 (resized).jpg20210902_171506 (resized).jpg
#177 2 years ago

I'll post photo updates here tomorrow night and send out first batch messages later this week with more information.

#180 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Medisinyl and Marissa take your time on this AMH mod. Can’t wait to install once I get allocated time. Playing a few games of AMH can make the end of the day pleasant with a few good laughs.
Were you able to update your AMH code last month? [quoted image]

Thank you. Getting through it as we can, and there's been some learning curve for Marissa. Was always a gray area on the reality of production time, but not looking to rush anything.

After mentioning the code update, my buddy (that has a truck) informed me he'd be coming back to FL for August, so we decided to take AMH to SFGE--at that point, I was too afraid of botching anything (instructions seemed tedious with no laptop on hand), and directed attention to preventing any foreseeable issues at SFGE. May not update until I get through the AMH production (once updated, I may still look into a way to take advantage of the latest code [for those with or without the mod set]).

SFGE prep also led to another small (out of sight) addition that prevents balls from possibly being able to get stuck on the railing (behind the vent). I'll add a photo of that later today as well, perhaps with a video (I have a couple other clips I took before reveal that shows the design consideration I took to prevent ball traps--if a ball were to get on top of the theater, it gets directed onto the habitrail, and a video that shows balls falling off either side of the new left pop bumper cap).

#181 2 years ago

Some of the elevator evolution is shown in the GIF for those curious.

Should have more up tomorrow.

37 lobby desks have been finished thus far (stained, sanded, cleared, etc.).
All back panels and theaters for the first batch have been prepped for stain.
Theater tops have been painted, and vents prepped.
All 44 bottles finished, and most table/tray parts assembled.
Parts for all 44 sconce sets ready.
First batch of elevators just need decals and mouldings attached, electronics, and the dials (all 44 dials, laundry chute doors, and mouldings are finished).

Machines running round the clock, so presumably we won't have to wait for parts for the 2nd batch once this first batch ships.

Getting somewhere, but proving to be a significant project.

Hoping to have the majority of the list in games before Oct. 31 if possible (I imagine most would hope to have it for Halloween).
Webp.net-gifmaker (1).gifWebp.net-gifmaker (1).gif

#185 2 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Need one for my #150 -- Been too busy plumbing again --LOL

As noted in the PM, you'll be first on the overflow list in case someone backs out.

#186 2 years ago

This is the shield I mentioned to prevent a possible stuck ball on the railing behind the vent.

Discreet and obscured from player perspective.

Installs quickly with the factory screw as pictured.

20210913_191657 (resized).jpg20210913_191657 (resized).jpg20210913_191715 (resized).jpg20210913_191715 (resized).jpg20210913_191754 (resized).jpg20210913_191754 (resized).jpg20210913_192147 (resized).jpg20210913_192147 (resized).jpg

#188 2 years ago

Rusty theater vents galore.

Again, aiming to tackle all 44 at once where possible (will help streamline everything after the first batch).

I still haven't sent messages out, but everyone up to #16 on the list will make batch #1
20210914_220757 (resized).jpg20210914_220757 (resized).jpg

Quoted from vilant:

Everything looks incredible! Can't wait to get mine installed. I love all the detail. This is one of the best mods I've ever seen. Great job Greg!

I appreciate the glowing feedback. Some parts will have more detail than shown at reveal (for one, my theater doesn't represent the final finish), and the wood parts look even better up close in person.

#189 2 years ago

Some photos for now to update. Just some of the parts we're swimming in (seems I missed the 44 desk bells in this round, 88 corner pieces for the back panels, and 44 rail guards, but they're on hand as well).

Mostly been working solo this week, but have someone else coming to help tomorrow for temp work (the wood panels are a rather demanding process that have been difficult for Marissa, but I'll have her on paint tomorrow).

I'm currently installing the diffusion panels, motors, and lights in the elevators.

The little rectangles seen in the shelf pic are keyed and assist in positioning the elevator motor.

Theater tops don't get the foot prints and final detail until the full theater is assembled (not cleared in this pic of course).

20210915_143114 (resized).jpg20210915_143114 (resized).jpg20210915_170103 (resized).jpg20210915_170103 (resized).jpg20210915_170208 (resized).jpg20210915_170208 (resized).jpg20210916_202206 (resized).jpg20210916_202206 (resized).jpg20210916_202235 (resized).jpg20210916_202235 (resized).jpg20210916_202353 (resized).jpg20210916_202353 (resized).jpg20210916_202517 (resized).jpg20210916_202517 (resized).jpg20210916_204023 (resized).jpg20210916_204023 (resized).jpg

#190 2 years ago

Just stumbled on some of the early development prototypes for the main theater piece (yes, the initial piece on the left for measurements was made out of a beer box ).

I figure some like to see the making of/behind the scenes, and took a pic before they're lost/trashed.

Was the first piece made for the set, and had it been made all over again with the experience of the rest of the set behind me, it would have been a little better designed, but I can say that with most mods, and the experience all goes toward future mods (lots of learning in general with the wood filament that has been different to work with in most ways).
20210916_215227 (resized).jpg20210916_215227 (resized).jpg

#198 2 years ago

I’m in no hurry but curious approx when to expect payment request/shipping.
I’m number 34.

Keeping up with the thread is the best way to get a sense for now.

This was always a unique set I had never produced all at once before, so estimates on the reality of how much time these take have been difficult to guess, and it's all taking longer than I hoped.

Though as shown, much of the smaller, tedious stuff will be out of the way once I get into the next batches, so batch 1 is delayed, while later batches will be smoother (should be more efficient overall).

#199 2 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

I'm all for adding this "mod", I use quotes because it's soooo much more IMO, but I'd never swap a playfield in or want new backglass artwork or new Charlie callouts. This thing is just about damn near perfect and after installing this "mod" it will be that much closer.
I don't think I've ever been looking forward to spending $875 as I am now! I see all the woodgrain in these pictures here and I get a funny feeling inside. No, not down there but close.

I don't dislike the stock playfield, but it could be better. Unfortunately I don't have faith that someone would design better art in the way I find immersive and worth a swap.

Of all the games in my collection, only Swords of Fury has artwork that really brings the layout to life--an environment with depth that blends into the shots (stairs coming up from the art that pop out into a physical ramp, a bridge that ties in and brings imagination to the habitrails above, etc.).

#200 2 years ago

EDIT: Added a photo of the desk bell/wood caps for the lobby desks. These cover the two holes for the screws (no need for all 4 factory screws with this one piece replacement).

Elevator light is an 8-SMD bulb.

Pic of the back of the elevator (wiring routed into that corner for easier/cleaner installation). The clear factory plastic gets reused underneath the mod..

The black squares with holes are washers for the key box I hadn't mentioned--on my game the key box needed this size washer underneath to to lay flat as intended (as it spans over a gap in plastics).

The arched pieces of paper are laminated and cut to fit the back of the elevator dial (printed with an aged yellow/beige).

20210917_124250 (resized).jpg20210917_124250 (resized).jpg20210917_150934 (resized).jpg20210917_150934 (resized).jpg20210921_163011 (resized).jpg20210921_163011 (resized).jpg20210921_163320 (resized).jpg20210921_163320 (resized).jpg20210921_163403 (resized).jpg20210921_163403 (resized).jpg20210921_173205 (resized).jpg20210921_173205 (resized).jpg

20210921_181104 (resized).jpg20210921_181104 (resized).jpg
#201 2 years ago

A reminder that there is an overflow list in case anyone drops out from the main list.

Currently:

1) Richiewrench
2) Richiewrench (I'll limit to one at first if it comes to that, but he has two AMH)
3) Ross

Added over 3 years ago:

4) Straker

Added over 3 years ago:

5) try2skyme

Added over 3 years ago:

6) Azmodeus

#202 2 years ago

More photos tomorrow.

These (bottom pic) are the walls that go behind the elevator to raise the factory plastic up to the new height.

New hardware will be included with the set.

Also a couple pics of the middle panels from the first batch (one with flash, one without). Production sets have more effort into the wood detail than shown in my game.

20210927_165650 (resized).jpg20210927_165650 (resized).jpg20210927_165733 (resized).jpg20210927_165733 (resized).jpg20210927_185126 (resized).jpg20210927_185126 (resized).jpg

#204 2 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

AMH is not my thing, but I just want to say you've done an amazing job with this mod-set.
I think you're a shoo-in for FAVORITE PINBALL MOD OF 2021 at the Twippys.

I appreciate the positive feedback

Fingers crossed for a TWIPY. I'm happy to know you find the set to be deserving of the win. Just not sure if the game is too rare to get enough attention. Shall see

#206 2 years ago

Been waiting for some things to be finished for larger group photos (partially neat for me to just document them coming together, particularly the batches with all 44 sets in them).

The temp help I hoped to get on the mid sanding/staining stage of the left and right back panels unfortunately wound up leading to setbacks in lost panels and time (they're perhaps more demanding than they appear to get as desired), but I got the last of those for the first batch finished today, ready for Marissa to finish painting the frames tomorrow.

Won't be long from here to ship batch #1 (will finally send out messages sometime this weekend). Still hoping to be able to get batch #2 out before Halloween, and of course we'll have a head start compared to batch #1. Third batch should be final to complete the run, presumably by the end of Nov.

-------

For those in OZ, you're likely aware of the suspension of some USPS services (this whole month now). I'll look into what is available, but if there's any issue in the short-term (available shipping cost, etc.), I'd be willing to hold those sets.

#207 2 years ago

Left and right back panels for batch #1 + assembled trays/bottles.

20211001_093023 (resized).jpg20211001_093023 (resized).jpg20211001_093051 (resized).jpg20211001_093051 (resized).jpg20211001_101924 (resized).jpg20211001_101924 (resized).jpg20211001_101939 (resized).jpg20211001_101939 (resized).jpg
#208 2 years ago

Messages have been sent for batch #1.

Should have another pic up later tonight (finishing up the 44 key boxes currently).

#210 2 years ago
20211003_235231 (resized).jpg20211003_235231 (resized).jpg20211003_235641 (resized).jpg20211003_235641 (resized).jpg20211004_000006 (resized).jpg20211004_000006 (resized).jpg
#211 2 years ago

Here's a copy/paste of an older post I made in the AMH Club thread while developing.

Thought it may be interesting to see after the finished key box run photo.

"For those that like seeing the process, here's a few comparison shots of the key box.

[unnecessary details below ]

One shows the finished piece near one that came off the print bed (slightly different as it was a previous prototype).

The others show some stages of the evolution.

First was just for basic measurements.

Second to test new measurements and add basic wood sculpting (slightly slanted at the back to accommodate the new backboard set).

Third added the key box, but it wound up too short in scale to the lobby table (replacement for the blue ORB guides). I also needed to take the picture frames into account.

Fourth has a taller key box, but I wanted more detail on the key # plaques.

Fifth added the simple plaque detail that works well at this scale/distance, and also a bit more detail to the broken wood. This was the only one that got any clear coat (some areas sanded again afterward)."
12 (resized).jpg12 (resized).jpg22 (resized).jpg22 (resized).jpg32 (resized).jpg32 (resized).jpg

#213 2 years ago

Should have theater photos any day now for batch #1 (nearly complete).

For now, here's 89 sconce diffusers, 89 flicker bulbs, and 178 end caps, ready to get wired into the back panels.

20211006_123836 (resized).jpg20211006_123836 (resized).jpg20211006_143725 (resized).jpg20211006_143725 (resized).jpg
#215 2 years ago

An extra bottle was made, but was never needed.

I gave it extra glaze and turned it into a keychain.

If anyone from batch #1 wants it, I'll thrown it in with your order. Just post here first and it's yours.

Chain has a lobster claw, so it could easily be transferred to a different ring style (had this one on hand).
20211007_184431 (resized).jpg20211007_184431 (resized).jpg20211007_184737 (resized).jpg20211007_184737 (resized).jpg

#217 2 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

Heck yeah, I’ll take the keychain if I’m first. Very cool. Thanks.

It will be yours

#220 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

More pics bump…my money is in the mail.

More pics will be up tomorrow night

#224 2 years ago

Putting the theaters up together for a pic now (will post it soon tonight). More detail in the wood finish than the original theater, and a brighter green for the feet on top.

Railings and bar counters for batch #1 pictured here.

Aiming to be all wrapped up with batch #1 production by tomorrow night, then need to write up instructions before getting everything boxed up.

All parts for batch #2 are on hand.

20211011_203703 (resized).jpg20211011_203703 (resized).jpg
#225 2 years ago

The darker feet on the theater in my game are invisible under game lighting. Went with a green closer to some of the playfield coloring (same as the "666" on the Hellevator). Wood difference is subtle, but wood grain detail is closer to the rest of the set, and the mouldings have a second coat of stain compared to the original.

20211011_213052 (resized).jpg20211011_213052 (resized).jpg20211011_213142 (resized).jpg20211011_213142 (resized).jpg

#227 2 years ago

Batch #1 is complete.

Here's a picture of 126 pieces of heat shrink tubing

20211013_194907 (resized).jpg20211013_194907 (resized).jpg
#229 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

And now…batch #2!! Whhoooo!!

Already on it (also tackling the Elvira run and an ACNC lab run this week).

Will get instructions sorted, boxes ready, etc., and plan to ship batch #1 on the 18th (Monday).

#230 2 years ago

Meant to post this earlier.

This is where the set # is written with a silver paint pen. Kept it away from the inner door so it's hidden unless intentionally looking for it.

20211014_183548 (resized).jpg20211014_183548 (resized).jpg

#232 2 years ago

Instructions (boxing up currently). Pinside displaying the photos as page 1, 3, then 2. Really not a difficult install despite the size of the set.

As noted on the railings, they'll need to be hot glued. Wasn't what I hoped for, and was part of the reason I didn't attempt them before reveal. I tried a couple revisions before SFGE, but the filament didn't allow for the snap in connection I hoped for (seemed good on test, but failed a couple games in). No glue will be visible if installed this way.

20211018_162043 (resized).jpg20211018_162043 (resized).jpg
AMH install 1 (resized).pngAMH install 1 (resized).pngAMH install 3 (resized).pngAMH install 3 (resized).pngAMH install 2 (resized).pngAMH install 2 (resized).png

#233 2 years ago

Going to miss the shipping cut off today. Been wrapping/boxing the last five hours, which is longer than I expected they'd take.

Trying to be as careful as possible with the back paneling.

Will have them out tomorrow for sure.

#235 2 years ago

No human being would stack boxes this way...

Batch #1 has been shipped.

Will send out tracking numbers this evening.

20211019_141804 (resized).jpg20211019_141804 (resized).jpg
#238 2 years ago
Quoted from locustgrovepin:

Mine arrived today! Won’t install for another week or so, but was happy to see it get here so quick.

Glad they're arriving quickly.

Hopefully installs all go smoothly and other AMH games don't vary much from mine.

Looking forward to what everyone thinks

Quoted from EasternBloc:

I like your style, Greg. Vigo guards my game room as well. Looking forward to receiving/installing!
[quoted image]

Ha! Awesome I imagine some new guests question my mental health (opposite that wall is the kitchen he's staring down).

#242 2 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Just finished up the install. Love it! Mod of the year!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome Thank you for the photos! Neat to see the set without mirror blades for the first time. Sconces appear to glow off the art blades in a satisfying way.

While the framing looks good on the portraits (more leeway there), I do see that the backboard art positioning is off compared to my game as the eyes on the right aren't lining up as intended. One solution for this scenario could be to print out a set of eyes to place in the holes or behind the panel (perhaps a copy of game art if possible...or something creepier).

Of course the advance hotel piece isn't installed in this photo.

The other thing I notice is that your theater door may be oriented at a slightly different angle than the one in my game. May not be noticed by others, but I wonder if a slim spacer under the mounting points would be the best way level it out if necessary. Your door angle here looks better/flatter than mine. Your centering doesn't look far off, but if anyone has that issue, there is some leeway in the mounting holes for positioning.

Ultimately happy to see no significant issues on install. Of all games, this early Spooky is the one I worried may be a bit wonky game to game (makes a difference when some design decisions are down to a quarter of a millimeter ).

------------------------------------------

As a side note, in case anyone worries they may forget to remove the backboard corner pieces when lifting the playfield to max...they're strong enough to take that hit and remind you (tested ), so no concerns there.

#246 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Installing and came across this problem. The theatre ghost eye slits were too low. Used a deemed to widen.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Same as Wes pictured above it seems.

As noted, I did worry there would be differences amongst the games, but if this is the worst of it, then that's not too much of a hurdle.

Thank you for tackling a fix for your specific fitment (the suggestion I made above was to perhaps print eyes to place behind the panel, but this works too).

It may have been a mistake to design those holes so precise to my game, knowing the Spooky games tend to vary at times.

#250 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

All done. Looks great. Those crimp connectors were a bit tough to get right. Other than that, no issues. I left the led strip above the back in place for now. The bell was a nice detail.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks great. Thank you for the photos. You may be aware that the smaller railing pieces were meant to go to the left of the theater

And yeah, I felt the bell and key box were necessary to make the lobby intention obvious without cluttering the game.

I had debated a lit lamp, old cash register, damaged phone, log book, etc. in that area, but once too many details like that are thrown in, I find it crosses into "dollhouse" territory and would clash. Opportunity is there for owners to do as they like

#252 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Oops. Well can I have some more pieces? Can’t have exposed metal rails anymore with all this new upgrade.

I can PM eventually once I have those small pieces ready to ship.

There were reasons I didn't make railings for the stair portions, though of course the railings were more of a free gift after reveal (by then, development time and expense was becoming too great after 5 months, but I wanted to have something there once I saw there was support for the set).

I worried about a railing at that point affecting the ball travel before getting to the balcony.

Perhaps the main concern was that the right ramp has the plastic shield, and if I wasn't going to do that side, I thought keeping the other stair railing bare better blended the two in-between.

Adding railings to that stair portion looks a bit jarring to me as well, as it makes them stick above the balcony railing (I'm likely over-sensitive ).

Then I would have also had to plan for 3D ball caps, which would have had their own challenges and undesirable obstructions.

At the time, I also hoped to have a clip-in only solution. Had I known hot glue would be necessary to keep them in place without something uglier holding them down, I would have had more freedom, but I ran out of time to invest in the project.

#254 2 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

Very easy and straightforward install just pay attention to the different voltages. I appreciate the time, effort and attention to detail that went into this. It's the most I have ever "invested" into a pin after purchase and completely worth it. This mod will be sought after when someone purchases an AMH.
On another note I can't seem to get the optos fixed and it's stuck saying dirty pool. Any insight would be great in the other forum. I would like to get that fixed so I can enjoy this mod.
Thanks
[quoted image]

I appreciate the positive feedback and photo

As for being sought after, I do hope sellers do well when/if the time comes. It was reassuring to see several AMH sale ads disappear after reveal, getting replaced by want ads. AMH deserved a second look.

While it's preposterous for someone selling something to suggest it may be worth more, I imagine some can see the unanticipated reality of what has gone into creating this was largely considered a passion project rather than pricing it in. I didn't want to price people out of getting these in games, and know it can be hard to see the value in what may tangibly appear as plastic and lights.

If someone can get that difference or rarity value down the road, then that's a win/win. It will be interesting to see what a modded AMH goes for in 2022 if anyone sells. I believe they were right at $5k on reveal.

-----------------------------------------------

I have yet to see which opto you mean, but will look for the post later on.

#256 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Sorry, my daughter will deal with my AMH with Medisinyl mod set…no selling for me

I don't foresee ever selling mine either I expect most will be "bolted to the floor" as has been the case for modded RZ games.

----

Otherwise, I think I saw the "invested" in quotes from Tim's post above and wrongfully associated "sought" with a value increase My post may have been a tangent.

#259 2 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

Let me make that clear also. My RZ and AMH with every Medisinyl mod I could get are bolted to the floor. They both were already based on my appreciation for Ben Heck, Spooky and Rob Zombie's terrible but great music and movies. The mods take them both to the next level.
To me seeing either without these mods are like seeing a pin still using bulbs and an orange dmd.
Great work as always Medisinyl
[quoted image]

I'll need to take a similar pic once I move AMH near RZ and ACNC

Otherwise, if your Pussy Liquors sign isn't lighting, I can pay you the shipping cost to send it back for repair. While discontinued, I still cover those mods if they fail.

892771ea174dad89d94a61c3a5f67ebcce6439ce (resized).jpg892771ea174dad89d94a61c3a5f67ebcce6439ce (resized).jpged6128a03e08b2bb21b67e3b756b389f79818cad (resized).jpged6128a03e08b2bb21b67e3b756b389f79818cad (resized).jpg
#261 2 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

More pictures of a completed kit install. Woo-hoo!
It took me about 5 hours total since I have a prototype machine. Come to find out this machine has a few different things like screw sizes, a missing shield, and wire harness colors not matching up.
Like others my right most ghost eyes weren't lining up so I free-handed the eyes on a white piece of paper and taped that to the back of the panel. From a foot away it looks perfect.
I already had a RGB strip above the ghosts that is tied to the RGB strips on the sides. I tried a few games with these on and a few games with them off and I still like them being on. It makes the the new back panel lights really stand out when the game goes dark.
Thanks so much for doing this kit!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The photos look great, and your eye fix looks to be a perfect match.

Hard to tell if each game just has the art application a bit different, or if mine is the one wonky one. Funny as I reworked that panel a few times to get the eyes right on my game

What really mattered was that the bottom of the back panels would be pretty flush to the plastics once installed, and looks perfect on each game thus far (relief ).

Thank you for the photos.

Note: On my personal game, I printed the factory Hellevator guide panels in the same filament and stained them the same way, so it all looks like once piece when installed.

Unfortunately Ben's files for that aren't print and play--the track grooves need to be dremmeled out significantly to prevent binding (originals in my game were already reshaped), so the easiest thing would be to paint the original ones if someone wants them to match, though the area is obscured from player perspective.

#262 2 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

More pictures of a completed kit install. Woo-hoo!
It took me about 5 hours total since I have a prototype machine. Come to find out this machine has a few different things like screw sizes, a missing shield, and wire harness colors not matching up.
Like others my right most ghost eyes weren't lining up so I free-handed the eyes on a white piece of paper and taped that to the back of the panel. From a foot away it looks perfect.
I already had a RGB strip above the ghosts that is tied to the RGB strips on the sides. I tried a few games with these on and a few games with them off and I still like them being on. It makes the the new back panel lights really stand out when the game goes dark.
Thanks so much for doing this kit!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just now noticing your key box is installed on the wrong post, which is why the lettering is obscured on the left.

There's provision under the mod to cover the other nut.

#263 2 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

Very easy and straightforward install just pay attention to the different voltages. I appreciate the time, effort and attention to detail that went into this. It's the most I have ever "invested" into a pin after purchase and completely worth it. This mod will be sought after when someone purchases an AMH.
On another note I can't seem to get the optos fixed and it's stuck saying dirty pool. Any insight would be great in the other forum. I would like to get that fixed so I can enjoy this mod.
Thanks
[quoted image]

Same issue with the key box mount point here as well. Perhaps I need to hand write a note in the instructions to be more clear.

EDIT: I see in the 2nd pic it was already fixed

#268 2 years ago
Quoted from locustgrovepin:

I love the flickering lights above the picture frames. I think I may remove the led strip above the ghosts to make it a little more creepy.

Awesome

And yeah, the set was intended to be used with factory lighting, which was generally too dark in the back, but the flickering light in the center was to help that without losing the Spooky atmosphere

#269 2 years ago

I'll send out messages for batch #2 later this week.

#274 2 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Please add me to the batch #2 list

Sorry to disappoint, but the AMH list was already capped at 45 limited, numbered sets--full list here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medisinyl-mods-america-s-most-haunted-amh-limited-set/page/4#post-6468341

I'll add you to the overflow list, but so far everyone has remained in.

Overflow list:

1) Richiewrench
2) Ross
3) Straker
4) try2skyme
5) Azmodeus
6) kidchrisso
7) Jazman
8) atlgills

Added over 2 years ago:

9) TG

#278 2 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

Just seeing this. Please add me to the backorder list. Thx

I've updated the list.

But to be clear, only 45 sets will ever be made, so the overflow list is there in case anyone ahead backs out.

#282 2 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Will batch 2 be 15 again? Sitting at 31 just curious.
By the way I'll be at TPF so can pick up my set there rather than pay for ridiculous postage costs.

Batch #2 is 15 sets, but batch #1 wound up being 14 sets (partially completed 15 at the time). I also intended to hold off Spooky's set until the end, but a couple pieces in one set had some minor b-stock qualities I didn't want to send to a paid order, so there's still one from the first batch that needs to go out with batch #2.

And indeed, shipping to Australia right now may be an issue. I plan to be at TPF, and could deliver it that way if it makes more sense.

#284 2 years ago
Quoted from vilant:

Anybody know where this piece is supposed to go? It was loose in the box.
[quoted image]

Wound up letting that one slip when making the instructions. This post should help:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medisinyl-mods-america-s-most-haunted-amh-limited-set/page/4#post-6494963

Should have batch #2 messages out by Sunday night.

#286 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Wound up letting that one slip when making the instructions. This post should help:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medisinyl-mods-america-s-most-haunted-amh-limited-set/page/4#post-6494963
Should have batch #2 messages out by Sunday night.

Will send out messages within the next few hours or so.

#287 2 years ago

Messages have been sent to those in the batch #2 group.

Tentative batch #2:

Magicchiz
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64
21) Street
22) leaffan67
23) calprog
24) herg
25) tharm
26) P1nhead
27) Acejedi
28) 2Kaulitz
29) Mdanielb
31) Dendoc

Tentative batch #3:

32) joetechbob
33) Kolrath
34) ultimategameroom
36) AMSNL
37) adamross
38) Betelgeuse
39) doomid
40) carter008
41) loren3233
42) icyjones
43) Hooch333
44) dnapac
45) spandol

Overflow list (just in case any back out from the main list):

1) Richiewrench
2) Ross
3) Straker
4) try2skyme
5) Azmodeus
6) kidchrisso
7) Jazman
8) atlgills
9) TG

Added over 2 years ago:

overflow #10) spacemanrats09

1 week later
#290 2 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

Fully installed and loving it. Also thanks for leaving a space for my badger.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Love the badger . Thank you for the photos

#292 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

When is batch #2 going to ship? I'm jonesin'.

Looking like Wednesday, with a full run photo here by Tuesday night.

Most is complete. Need to decal and clear the elevators tomorrow, then finish the wiring on Tuesday.

#293 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Looking like Wednesday, with a full run photo here by Tuesday night.
Most is complete. Need to decal and clear the elevators tomorrow, then finish the wiring on Tuesday.

These will indeed ship out tomorrow. Photo here later tonight.

#295 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

[quoted image]

Seems I'm not the only vampire up right now

#297 2 years ago

The batch #2 pic:

20211117_125130 (resized).jpg20211117_125130 (resized).jpg
#299 2 years ago

Got batch #2 shipped out earlier, and tracking numbers have been sent.

Thus far it sounds like everyone is staying in, but if anyone does back out, I'd ask Richiewrench if he'd want a gold AC vent and desk bell for #150 (as that's first on the overflow list).

#302 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I did end up using the backboard art and making eyes for mine. Print this actual size, and it fits.
[quoted image]

Thank you for making that a bit simpler for those that need it

Seems like every game has the art in a different position, which was disappointing to see, but fortunately there's leeway on the picture frames to still look appropriate.

#307 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I ran into a couple more differences with my game, and I have a question. First, my habitrail was slightly different, and it interfered with the left side of the morgue. I reshaped the habitrail.
[quoted image]
Now, the morgue is sitting a bit crooked. I'm measuring 28.5 mm from the playfield to the top of the plastic on the left side and 34.5 mm on the right. It looks like it would fit better if the left side was a bit lower. Is anyone else willing to take a couple of measurements?
[quoted image]

Tha's indeed quite different from my game.

Your door position may also different than mine, but the left side of the theater should be flush with the plastic, where yours is at an angle.

I'm leaving Freeplay FL now, but can look at mine later to see what may be happening.

#308 2 years ago

Of photos I have on my phone, this is the best I've found to compare before I get home.

Perhaps it can help figure out what's different.

Not sure why your door is so far from the mod.

20210303_023044 (resized).jpg20210303_023044 (resized).jpg
#309 2 years ago

Likely good to wait for a better comparison and measurements to see what's going on, but if it comes to it, one option would be to remove the small molding piece at the base of the left side to help toward leveling it out (could potentially send a modified molding piece in that case, or send you the file to print at home, as I believe you have the filament and stain on hand [production version got two coats of stain on the molding pieces]).

EDIT: Looks like the plastic protector around the ghost in my game is possibly thicker, which may add to your right side being lower than mine, but that wouldn't explain why your left side is so high compared to the door.

EDIT 2: Screenshot from the video added.

Will have measurements for you by tomorrow.
Screenshot_20211121-142453_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211121-142453_Chrome (resized).jpg

#312 2 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

Here's what mine looks like with washers. Still not level but a little better.
[quoted image]

If most are having this issue, and we can test it with Herg's, it's not too late for me to implement the change for batch #3, or perhaps it would be best to add a second finished piece in case it needs to be swapped, as it would be easier to swap from the current version to a lower variant.

And of course I'd send the fix to anyone that needs it.

#313 2 years ago

Home now.

Looks like my door is higher off the playfield than those in the photos with the largest gap.

For measurement reference:

Left side, playield to top of plastic is ~28mm. Right side, ~36mm.

Bottom of door is ~6mm off the playfield.
20211121_175506 (resized).jpg20211121_175506 (resized).jpg

#319 2 years ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

So, it appears that my game measures the same as Herg’s - within .5 mm, and exactly the same difference in elevation from left to right - right plastic is 6mm higher than left.
I suspect that my morgue will tilt the same.

We'll figure it out together and work toward a solution that works for everyone.

Of course I don't want any of these looking wonky, and there are options. Just wish I caught it after batch #1.

Would also help to know if anyone that has installed a set has a result closer to mine.

Not sure if my door is the only one at that position, or if the seemingly thicker blue plastic protectors in my game were a factory option or aftermarket.

If someone could post photos of their door from behind and where it mounts, I could compare to mine to see what may be causing the height difference.

#325 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Ugh. I decided to go ahead with the hellavator installation, and I guess my dimensions are different here as well. The holes in the mod are slightly wider spacing than the plastic in the game. I could still install if I didn't use the plastic, but I fear that would affect the movement due to rail spacing.

It's worth a shot.

I'm not sure what your Hellevator guides look like, but the factory guides in my game were rounded/dremeled out on the bottom half.

When I printed new parts from the files available online (so that I could have a matching wood-look), they also needed to be pulled and dremeled into a similar shaping so that the Hellevator wouldn't bind (took a few attempts to get right, but ultimately led to better function than with the original guides).

As it would be a wider spacing rather than tighter you may be okay.

If not, you could perhaps consider the same and make wood filament pieces to match and grind down in the channels until there's proper function.

Unless yours is different, you may see the same factory modified prints to generally copy for initial fitment.

Would be a surprise if your playfield mounting position was also different for those parts. Perhaps it was later made wider at the top to help prevent binding.

Quoted from dnapac:

Just curious…what number is your game? Didn’t know if early vs late games made a difference.

Seems like the earliest games have differences that keep it from being a clean install without some effort. Another early game not posted here has Hellevator screws that are larger than anyone else has reported.

Had some similar issues reported with the earliest ACNC and RZ games when it came to mod fitment.

Quoted from Mdanielb:

Difficult to get behind the door. Let me know if I can do more to help - happy to! Thank you!

Thank you for the photos.

I'll compare to mine later tonight.

#330 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I tried installing without the clear plastic, and the hellavator does still move OK. I'm not sure if that would have any impact on airballs. I might try to make a wider clear plastic replacement to avoid the potential airball issue.
Edit: What's the saying? In for a penny, in for a pound. I was looking a little closer, and my right channel is broken. I kinda wanted them to match anyway. Did you print that wood filament with a 0.4mm nozzle, or did you use 0.6mm like the manufacturer suggests? I have a 0.6mm nozzle, but I'm wondering if that will affect the hellavator channels in any way. I'm going to pull up the model now to see if there are any details that the 0.6mm nozzle might affect.

.4 nozzle, and likely .24 layer height on those.

Looks like your factory piece wasn't as heavily routed out as mine (yours only appears to have a bit at the bottom). Worth noting that it will likely need some material removed for proper Hellevator function.

Definitely an upgrade to have the finish match. Between those parts not being mine to sell, and the high likelyhood of causing Hellevator problems without end user modification, that wasn't an option for me to offer.

#332 2 years ago
Quoted from Porkfritter:

I traded my AMH about a year or longer and a friend suggested that I look this thread up a few days ago. . . I must say this is so awesome I had to chime in. . . just for my gratitude to see your dedication and appreciation to what was such an under appreciated game. . . I am so glad mine went to a good home. . I'll step back, I felt it was necessary for me to tip my hat and show a little respect to you all. . .

Thank you!

It means a lot to see the impact the set has had. The game certainly deserved a second look in a new light.

The appreciation goes both ways, as I'm grateful to have the support to bring these ideas to life (part of the that is the positive feedback, as it can be hard to believe in myself at times).

#334 2 years ago

This is what the theater looks like when the lower molding piece is removed. It breaks off cleanly without damaging the mod.

It would be interesting to know what removing it looks like in a machine that is set up more like the other photos we're seeing here with the odd angle (partially to see what that does for alignment, and the other to see what angle a new molding piece would need to be).
20211123_173655 (resized).jpg20211123_173655 (resized).jpg

#336 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I am #24. I can measure tomorrow with pics, if others don’t provide this before. I’ll get that tomorrow.

I appreciate that, but I meant if someone such as boustrophedonic with the mod in hand and awkward angle would be willing to break that molding piece off their mod to see where that gets them on fitment (in his case, without the extra washers in place).

Seeing that would give me a better chance at getting a fix right on the first try.

Regardless of the door being lower, it's odd that there's such a different angle to the playfield between mine and the others posted. Doesn't seem like the thicker plastic protector in my game could make that much difference.

Still also hoping to learn if anyone with the mod does have a fitment that is closer to mine.

#341 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I finished my installation late last night, and I thought I'd take some pictures to let you guys know I survived. The hellavator rails work great with only the screwholes needing rework.
[quoted image]
I tried to pull off the trim on the morgue as Medisinyl suggested, but I chickened out. The wall it's attached to is somewhat thin, and the print layers run in the direction I'm trying to break the trim loose. It was taking more force than I wanted to put on it.

I would agree. All the other pictures I've seen do have a plastic protector on the right, just maybe not as thick as yours. That would be maybe 1mm of the difference max, I'd think.
Edit: As I look at all these doors, it looks like all of them except mine and dnapac have cool looking bent and rusty bars. I'm also thinking I might be able to add some color (ragged bottom edge, window frame, hinges, etc) using filament changes at the right points.
Edit 2: OMG, that's just brown insulated wire.
[quoted image]

I was able to get the molding off cleanly by gripping it with a small diagonal cutter and twisting near the contact point. Of course I'd take responsibility if anyone were to damage a mod while removing that piece.

I should be able to get close on the fix by going off the photos and measurements already in the thread.

#344 2 years ago

Sending out that set with this new molding piece that drops the left wall height (while keeping everything else the same). Will update here once I know how it goes.
20211130_130008 (resized).jpg20211130_130008 (resized).jpg

#346 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Should the remaining orders post our measurements? Will that help?

So far I have yet to see any that are like mine, so I'd default to this new style for everyone if it works out (or tweak again if needed).

If I do hear of any that are like mine, it may help to know specifics per game, but for now it looks like presuming most are like we're seeing here makes sense.

I'll ship out new, stained molding pieces to anyone that needs the fix once sorted.

#347 2 years ago

TWIPY pre-voting is now open.

Likely a long shot on such a rare game, but if you believe the set is worthy of mod of the year, a vote would very much be appreciated. Thank you!

https://twipys.com/

#351 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

We had a guest today who is not a pinhead, but does really like games. She played all of our pins, then declared AMH her favorite. Her reason, "So much detail". I think the mod really nails the spooky vibe, and it makes the game click that much more.

That's awesome

Glad to hear that

Quoted from Betelgeuse:

You got my vote.

Quoted from dnapac:

Done! Such a massive mod set, that it actually upgrades the whole game, not just a small part like most mods.

Thank you both! Much appreciated.

#353 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I finally found the time and nerve to pop the trim off. I held the cutters toward the side of the machine and twisted clockwise, and it did come off pretty cleanly. The morgue sits better and has a little gap between the mod and plastic.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you.

Gets it quite close. May need a small shim on the right for those that don't have the same plastic protector.

When I shipped out that last set with a new molding piece in place, that one has a minimum thickness for a base (to maintain the angle), but I also included a second piece that is just the outer molding with no added thickness below as a more universal fit option.

Perhaps that set will be installed soon and we'll have better information.

Or I could send the molding file to Herg to see if it looks better with or without the molding piece.

I ended up scrapping an earlier back panel version that had a molding at the base, as it made it appear as though the floor level was scrunched up to the top of the plastics, going against the rest of the playfield level floor appearance. Going the route of having a molding higher up gave the detail I wanted without throwing off the perspective.

Not sure if that applies to the theater.

#355 2 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

All fitted! Just need to work out a better glue to hold the helevator on the the clear plastic so it sits down more. Ball doesn't flap the laundry shoot if it's not seated down.
Looks so good! [quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you for the photos

This is the second elevator to have an issue with screws that aren't the same. Is yours also a game from the first production run?

The theater also appears to be like others, where that molding foot being removed would give a more level result (still seems like my game is the only one that has a thicker plastic protector on the right side, and different door position).

More details on that earlier in the thread (didn't catch it until batch #2 was already shipped, but it's being worked out for batch #3, and the fix can be shipped to others if necessary).

My game is #78 for reference.

2 weeks later
#356 2 years ago

I'll send messages out for the final batch in the first week of January.

I hope everyone's holidays are going well

1 week later
#357 2 years ago

Thanks again to everyone that voted this set in during the write-in period and got it into the top ten for the official ballot It means a lot to see the recognition for it.

I still expect it will be hard to win against the mods for higher production games, so if you believe this set is worthy of the TWIPY, a vote would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Note: Batch #3 will ship sometime next week, and I'll message for payment in a couple days or so.

hjhjhjj (resized).jpghjhjhjj (resized).jpg
#360 2 years ago

I’m in no hurry but just checking in to see how production is progressing. What’s a guesstimate for #35 ship date?

I'm aiming to ship sometime next week (noted in post #357).

I'll get messages out for payment tomorrow night I expect.

#361 2 years ago

Messages have been sent for batch #3.

If any sets are unclaimed, I'll go down the overflow list as soon as I know.

1 week later
#363 2 years ago

Aiming to ship paid orders out on Saturday.

There will likely be some unclaimed sets to offer the overflow list, but nothing confirmed yet.

Quoted from PaulCoff:

I VOTED!
Get those votes in for Medisinyl
It’s too easy to VOTE and it helps our brother who put together a masterpiece for a masterpiece.
[quoted image]

Thank you!

I believe the 17th is the last day to vote.

#364 2 years ago

These did get shipped out before pickup today, and I'll get tracking numbers PMd by tomorrow.

Looking like up to three sets may be offered to the overflow list soon.

#367 2 years ago

Tracking numbers have been sent.

With the recent reminders sent out, it's now looking like only one set may make it to the overflow list (I have yet to get any response on that last set, but giving another day before offering it up). If so, that would still be the highest retention percent I've had for mods with a long wait, so I thank everyone for sticking with it. *EDIT*: I've now had contact with the last from the main list, and it's sounding unlikely any will make it to the overflow list.

I also appreciate all of the TWIPY support thus far, and greatly thank anyone that has voted. One day left: https://twipys.com/2021-twipys-ballot/

It's been quite a roller coaster since starting nearly a year ago, with times even months into development where I feared the entire project would need to be scrapped--the obstacle of creating such a large set (with widened back panel) that doesn't match the appearance of the rest of game, yet still blends in without question...was quite a challenge for me.

Regardless of the TWIPY result, I'm very proud of the set and the much deserved second look it has given to Ben Heck's America's Most Haunted

#368 2 years ago

As of today, all but three sets have shipped (those are awaiting payment, but have been claimed by those on the main list).

I'll be waiting to see where we're at on the theater fix from batch #3 installs, then I can start sending out the new molding piece to those that went out in the first couple batches.

1 week later
#369 2 years ago

Someone installing a set from batch #3 (game #117) has come across the larger hellevator screw issue.

It's come up a time or two before, so perhaps someone silently solved for it that could help. I believe Herg's gap issue may have been more unique.

I'm not certain what the differences are, but if everything else lines up, I wonder if it would be as simple as getting the smaller screws and adjusting the hellevator guide holes (or getting replacement guides, as Ben's 3D files are for the smaller screws present on my game).

Perhaps there are other differences with these games. A photo of the screws, guides, clear plastic, etc. may help.

#371 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I just started installing this kit and I can't get the Lobby Key Box in place because there is a post in the way. Do other AMHs not have this post installed in the back orbit?
[quoted image]

Seems most don't have that post, but I think Herg had that issue and removed it (game #1). I was assuming it must have gotten removed from the build early on. If yours is an early game, that may make sense.

#377 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

It took me most of the day today, but I got this all loaded! I ran into some trouble with the Hellevator install where the clear plastic guard on my AMH would not line up with the screw holes on the mod. I cut a piece of cardboard to size to substitute, since you can't see it. The left side of the Morgue Theater also wants to slowly ride up from the vibration of the VUK, so I'll have to figure something out to hold that side down. Otherwise, it's looking great. Almost like a new pin.
[quoted image]

Thank you for the photo

First I've seen with the theater fix, and fortunately that angle is looking good now.

Shorter left side may be why it's riding up, but make sure your wiring isn't pinned behind the VUK guide (easy to see while it's installed).

On the Hellevator, Herg resolved the same issue for his game (only other reported thus far), but I don't know all of the details. If there's anything I can provide to help on it, let me know (replacement guides, etc., as Herg did that as well).

Ultimately, I want everyone to be able to experience the set as intended, and for it to present as intended.

Sorry to anyone that has had some of these inconveniences pop up. As always, I appreciate the understanding and help from others to resolve the differences.

1 week later
#378 2 years ago

I've just stained up the new molding pieces and will message the first couple runs early next week.

I also have two unclaimed sets that will be offered to the overflow list soon.

#380 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Never thought that would've happened.

There was some back and forth on it, but neither could find a game/get one shipped and decided to pass. I had set Feb. 1 as a deadline.

#381 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I've just stained up the new molding pieces and will message the first couple runs early next week.
I also have two unclaimed sets that will be offered to the overflow list soon.

The last two sets were claimed by the first two on the overflow list.

#382 2 years ago

Planning to ship most (if not all) new theater mouldings to US orders from the first couple batches tomorrow.

Going to skip sending PMs/tracking, etc. to avoid the excess chaos. It's possible not everyone will need it, but easier that way.

I'll include instructions.

I made 3D printed boxes to protect the new mouldings for shipping in a padded envelope.
20220210_170941 (resized).jpg20220210_170941 (resized).jpg

#383 2 years ago

All of the new pieces have been sent out to those within the US for the affected batches. No PMs being sent out, but I imagine they should arrive sometime during next week.

I accept responsibility if there's any damage from removing the original piece, but it should work out well. Any issue and I'll make it right.

This page was included with the new piece.

Seeing now I left a typo with "mainting" -- should be "maintaining" of course

amh fix (resized).jpgamh fix (resized).jpg
#388 2 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Awesome customer service! Thanks for sending these out.

Awesome customers

Quoted from dnapac:

Finally got to them. I was a little intimidated, but these mods are so well thought out…Medisinyl, what an undertaking on a pin that was the first of a company. So many variables and variations. I did have a few minor alterations, but all is good. My wife said “it’s like a whole new game!” I have a few more tweaks and minor installs and then I’ll add pics. Thank you Medisinyl, for all your hard work, and the guts to take on such a unique pin!

Always means a lot to see such feedback.

I do wish the sets fit the other games as cleanly as intended (I knew it was unlikely with AMH), but I couldn't ask for a more understanding and helpful response from everyone in regard to any differences.

1 week later
#389 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

All of the new pieces have been sent out to those within the US for the affected batches. No PMs being sent out, but I imagine they should arrive sometime during next week.
I accept responsibility if there's any damage from removing the original piece, but it should work out well. Any issue and I'll make it right.
This page was included with the new piece.
Seeing now I left a typo with "mainting" -- should be "maintaining" of course [quoted image]

Anyone that got this "fix" and had the earlier version may not need it at all, so make sure before swapping the pieces if not installed yet.

Seeing that at least one in batch #3 that came with the "fix" does hover, where the original design would likely fit as intended, so it may have been too presumptive to see the handful shown with issues as representing the majority.

2 weeks later
#393 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Modkit held up well at the Louisville Arcade Expo. Any stuck balls were no fault of the kit. Got about 450 plays, and still looks great.
Lots of great compliments too, btw.

Thank you for taking the game with the mods for others to enjoy

Glad to know it went well.

-----------------------------------------------

NOTE: If anyone knows Richiewrench, please let him know that his set has been waiting for him.

He confirmed he still wanted it on Feb. 8th, then hasn't been on Pinside since.

8 months later
#395 1 year ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

did Richie ever follow up on this? if not, i would be happy to take it off your hands.
If that is not an option, would you share the 3d print files (or sell them)?

I appreciate your interest, but all sets were claimed, and the files won't be released.

These were a special, hand-numbered, limited set.

Sorry to disappoint.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Medisinyl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medisinyl-mods-america-s-most-haunted-amh-limited-set?tu=Medisinyl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.