20220127_171337 (resized).jpg
20220126_153319 (resized).jpg
A0A104F8-29CE-4D6C-B5EC-8221BB55265F (resized).jpeg
hjhjhjj (resized).jpg
528A23D0-38A4-44B7-B126-1E94311B2E31 (resized).jpeg
DC6D31BF-D6B2-4280-A571-563449E5F8AF (resized).jpeg
20211205_140022 (resized).jpg
20211205_132512 (resized).jpg

There are 396 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
#1 2 years ago

Reveal video:

Back Panel Installation video:

Finally able to reveal what I've been working on since February (both exciting and nerve-racking ). While my hope had been to produce mods more often, releasing TMNT mods last year while buried in other orders didn't pan out well, but after hiring help earlier this year, hopefully I can bring more projects to pinball going forward.

----------

America's Most Haunted is a game I view to be grossly underappreciated. It has some of the best world under glass thought into the mechs and code...with no "world" (yet impressive what Spooky did with a micro budget). What was it Kaneda said...? "...ugliest pinball machine ever made"? Well, something like that...and yeah, that theater ghost art was pretty awful, so he merely peers through a broken space in the wall now

AMH was just coming out when I first got into the hobby (saw it at that TPF, and just thought it was some older game). The MSRP sounded crazy to me at the time, but I always liked my experience with the game, then saw the huge markup on resale in the early days, and thought I'd never get one, so it felt special to finally have circumstances line up to get one (a bit dramatic and dorky perhaps, but I placed my hand on the playfield once it arrived, thinking, "Wow...I actually have an America's Most Haunted" ).

------------------------------------

*31 custom designed 3D printed parts are used to assemble each set (on top of electronics, decals, etc.).

* 6 new lights. Three independently flickering lights on the back panel (center is a 12V strip with a flicker circuit added, so it's able to illuminate the back of the game, yet maintain a spooky atmosphere). A/C Vent flickers green right before the ball shoots out of the VUK, suggesting the ball goes through the vent. Lit Morgue Theater sign, and lit Hellevator Dial.

* 3D XXX bottle, inspired by the bar ghost art, lights up with the factory pop bumper light.

* Motorized Hellevator dial (1...2...3...4...5...666 ).

* Mechanically interactive laundry chute door and bar counter.

* 30% real wood filament. This is sanded and stained multiple times before painting stages.

* Widened back panel for greater immersion -- no more gaps at each side (small pieces at the corners are easily removed in a few seconds when needing to lift the playfield to max).

* Designed with factory images, inserts, text, geometry etc. in mind, as to not block or clash with anything that would clearly make these look like mods rather than something that could have been factory, so there are some compromises here and there, but I was ultimately content with the overall result.

* Most ghosts are framed, with border color generally matching the mode color, and frames are designed in a stepped fashion to help sell the illusion that the images aren't behind the wall depth.

=============----------------------------------==============

The price for the set is $875 shipped domestic (I'll figure out quotes for international later on). *I may look into a potential add-on option by the time these are shipping*

=============----------------------------------==============

While I don't expect to hit the hard cap, I'll be willing to make up to 48 limited, hand numbered sets (plus my set and the set that will go to Spooky [these will be part of the numbered set, for a max of 50]).

OR - Whatever interest I get by the end of August.

I'll start shipping in early September and will hand number inside the Morgue Theater (could be seen if peered in from the left) once I know the final number. As this is likely the last opportunity to put as much time into such a limited game, I wanted to make this one special for those that support it.

-Ultimately I went into this motivated by a personal passion for the project, felt the game deserved a facelift, and thought I may be the only modder crazy enough to do it , so I'm just happy to share something that I hope is entertaining for those of us that still find magic in toys. If it manages to meet similar demand as RZ did, then that would be a pleasant surprise--I do hope many others are able to experience AMH this way.

-----------------------------------------------------

More information to come later on.

------------------------------------------------------

back panel wiring (resized).jpgback panel wiring (resized).jpgbeforeafteramh (resized).jpgbeforeafteramh (resized).jpgbotttt (resized).jpgbotttt (resized).jpgeleeeee (resized).jpgeleeeee (resized).jpg
railingsss (resized).jpgrailingsss (resized).jpg

#3 2 years ago

Noted. Thank you.

--------------------

If interested (note pricing is $875 shipped domestic per set), please make a post adding your screen-name to the list (I saw this method in another thread and thought it would help against excess PMs). Just copy/paste the previous list and add your spot.

Currently pending spots represent those that asked to be on a list before pricing and mods were revealed (can just PM me or post here to confirm if I don't ask first). Will confirm on those soon.

1) pending
2) pending
3) PaulCoff
4) pending
5) pending
6) pending
7) pending
8) pending
9) pending
10) pending
11) pending
12) pending
13) pending
14) pending
15) ToucanF16

#4 2 years ago

Add me. Thx
PM sent

#5 2 years ago

1) pending
2) pending
3) PaulCoff
4) pending
5) pending
6) pending
7) pending
8) pending
9) pending
10) pending
11) pending
12) pending
13) pending
14) pending
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic

#6 2 years ago

This set of mods looks freaking sweet, well done - still would love to find this game one day - not many in Australia

#7 2 years ago

Gag me with a spoon, I’m in.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

Gag me with a spoon, I’m in.

Thank you. Got it down (feel like this is Family Feud as I'm revealing the hidden panels ).

1) pending
2) EasternBloc
3) PaulCoff
4) pending
5) pending
6) pending
7) pending
8) pending
9) pending
10) pending
11) pending
12) pending
13) pending
14) pending
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic

#9 2 years ago

I’m in for sure. Looks incredible. Thanks!

#10 2 years ago

I don’t own the pin, but these are bad ass. I wish you would do your magic on Stern star wars! Great job!

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

I’m in for sure. Looks incredible. Thanks!

1) pending
2) EasternBloc
3) PaulCoff
4) pending
5) pending
6) pending
7) pending
8) adamgacek
9) pending
10) pending
11) pending
12) pending
13) pending
14) pending
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic

#12 2 years ago

knocked it out of the park... again...

congrats bruv, looks amazing =)

#13 2 years ago

Looks awesome. Please add me to list. Thanks

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

Looks awesome. Please add me to list. Thanks

I appreciate your interest. Got you down.

For those that are interested, please copy/paste the previous list and add your screen-name. Makes it a little easier. Thank you

1) pending
2) EasternBloc
3) PaulCoff
4) pending
5) pending
6) pending
7) pending
8) adamgacek
9) pending
10) pending
11) pending
12) pending
13) pending
14) pending
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak

Quoted from cleanandlevel:

knocked it out of the park... again...
congrats bruv, looks amazing =)

Glad to see it's being so well received . This set nearly defeated me a few times

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

This set of mods looks freaking sweet, well done - still would love to find this game one day - not many in Australia

Thank you! It's always rewarding to see such feedback from fellow modders.

Good luck in the search.

Quoted from shovelhed:

I don’t own the pin, but these are bad ass. I wish you would do your magic on Stern star wars! Great job!

I've got plans for many games, and I can't say for sure I'll never get to Star Wars (I'd like to get a Premium one day). Just haven't been able to release much with the demand for everything since Elvira (closed out lots of mods this year to help dig out of it and move forward [hired someone as well]).

Next most likely games are revisiting ACNC, then getting to Stranger Things, Whirlwind, and Halloween eventually. Subject to change...

#16 2 years ago

This mod set is incredible!!!

WTB: AMH.

#17 2 years ago

1) pending
2) EasternBloc
3) PaulCoff
4) pending
5) pending
6) pending
7) pending
8) adamgacek
9) pending
10) pending
11) pending
12) pending
13) pending
14) pending
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball

#18 2 years ago

Looks great, count me in please.

1) pending
2) EasternBloc
3) PaulCoff
4) pending
5) pending
6) pending
7) pending
8) adamgacek
9) pending
10) pending
11) pending
12) pending
13) pending
14) pending
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666

#19 2 years ago

Please add me to the list too!

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

Please add me to the list too!

Thank you, Bill. I've got you down

1) pending
2) EasternBloc
3) PaulCoff
4) pending
5) pending
6) pending
7) RebelGuitars
8) adamgacek
9) pending
10) pending
11) pending
12) pending
13) pending
14) pending
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64

#21 2 years ago

Please put me on the list. Thanks

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from Street:

Please put me on the list. Thanks

1) pending
2) EasternBloc
3) PaulCoff
4) pending
5) pending
6) pending
7) RebelGuitars
8) adamgacek
9) pending
10) pending
11) pending
12) pending
13) pending
14) pending
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64
21) Street

Any new interest, please feel free to copy/paste the prior list and add your name.

#23 2 years ago

WOW!

Excellent work as always.

#24 2 years ago

Crile1 confirmed.

1) pending
2) EasternBloc
3) PaulCoff
4) pending
5) pending
6) pending
7) RebelGuitars
8) adamgacek
9) pending
10) pending
11) pending
12) pending
13) Crile1
14) pending
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64
21) Street

#25 2 years ago

Hell yes, I’m in!

4EFBE524-2227-4FA6-A264-7DBC1BF8DF5E.gif4EFBE524-2227-4FA6-A264-7DBC1BF8DF5E.gif
#26 2 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Hell yes, I’m in![quoted image]

1) pending
2) EasternBloc
3) PaulCoff
4) pending
5) pending
6) pending
7) RebelGuitars
8) adamgacek
9) Nevus
10) pending
11) pending
12) pending
13) Crile1
14) pending
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64
21) Street

#27 2 years ago

Fantastic work, looks amazing!

#28 2 years ago

locustgrovepin confirmed.

1) pending
2) EasternBloc
3) PaulCoff
4) pending
5) pending
6) pending
7) RebelGuitars
8) adamgacek
9) Nevus
10) pending
11) pending
12) locustgrovepin
13) Crile1
14) pending
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64
21) Street

#29 2 years ago

Medisinyl I just had to chime in at how awesome these mods are, excellent work! I don't own an AMH but enjoy following all of your mods for every game as they are truly transformative

#30 2 years ago

You’ve done it again! Congratulations and nice work. Your stuff is always next level.

#31 2 years ago

A shout out to a great modder and person. We can never have enough people like Greg who promote the positivity of the hobby. Bravo once again on what looks to be a great set of mods for AMH!

#32 2 years ago

Add me please!

#33 2 years ago

We’ll done. I passed on an AMH months ago sub $5k and now I’m like…man…wish I still had the option to buy that game!!

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Medisinyl I just had to chime in at how awesome these mods are, excellent work! I don't own an AMH but enjoy following all of your mods for every game as they are truly transformative

Quoted from Mudflaps:

You’ve done it again! Congratulations and nice work. Your stuff is always next level.

Quoted from jellikit:

A shout out to a great modder and person. We can never have enough people like Greg who promote the positivity of the hobby. Bravo once again on what looks to be a great set of mods for AMH!

Thank you all for the glowing feedback. It really means a lot.

If it weren't for the success of the Rob Zombie mods, the ACNC and Elvira mods wouldn't have been possible, and the success of the Elvira mods is what made this set possible (after the complete failure of the Iron Maiden Tomb mod a few years ago, I was afraid to tackle another large mod in the short term [...then came the nightmare of the Indiana Jones mods...perhaps I'll tell that story one day], so I was glad to have the opportunity to load this unique game with large mods [whether it sells well or not]).

Some have supported nearly every mod I've made, and I can't thank those people enough. Being able to direct my skills toward something I'm passionate about is a dream come true. Thank you!

1) pending
2) EasternBloc
3) PaulCoff
4) pending
5) pending
6) pending
7) RebelGuitars
8) adamgacek
9) Nevus
10) pending
11) pending
12) pending
13) Crile1
14) pending
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64
21) Street
22) leaffan67

#35 2 years ago

Man, that back panel is perfect. Great job coming up with the picture frames!

#36 2 years ago

Congrats, man.

This is honestly the SICKEST mod since the Pinbits lighted ramps for Tron Pros. Maybe better. Probably better.

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Man, that back panel is perfect. Great job coming up with the picture frames!

Glad you like the frames ...the first version of the back panel that was scrapped didn't have them...

-----

..and...JeffF and locustgrovepin confirmed

1) pending
2) EasternBloc
3) PaulCoff
4) pending
5) pending
6) pending
7) RebelGuitars
8) adamgacek
9) Nevus
10) pending
11) JeffF
12) locustgrovepin
13) Crile1
14) pending
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64
21) Street
22) leaffan67

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Congrats, man.
This is honestly the SICKEST mod since the Pinbits lighted ramps for Tron Pros. Maybe better. Probably better.

Thank you for that feedback. While I'd love for this set to be nominated for a TWIPY, I fear the production run is too limited to get such recognition, but for the sake of comparison, the Elvira set that got 3rd place this year took me about one week to develop once CAD began...this took four out of the last five months (nights/weekends when possible)...more challenging than expected.

#39 2 years ago

I’m in. Add me to the list!!! My favorite Spooky game.

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

I’m in. Add me to the list!!! My favorite Spooky game.

1) pending
2) EasternBloc
3) PaulCoff
4) pending
5) pending
6) pending
7) RebelGuitars
8) adamgacek
9) Nevus
10) pending
11) pending
12) pending
13) Crile1
14) pending
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64
21) Street
22) leaffan67
23) calprog

For new interest, feel free to copy/paste the prior list and add your screen-name.

#41 2 years ago

Medisinyl , Did you put some type of glow in the dark paint on the footprints on the airball catcher to the hellevator? Yours seem to have a greenish hue to them that mine don not have. Just curious, really looking forward to installing this awesome set.

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

Medisinyl , Did you put some type of glow in the dark paint on the footprints on the airball catcher to the hellevator? Yours seem to have a greenish hue to them that mine don not have. Just curious, really looking forward to installing this awesome set.

Mine had green on the footprints when I got the game, and I didn't realize that wasn't normal--I added green footprints to match on the top of the theater, but perhaps that isn't in line with other games.

I had to remove several added lights from the game and a chunk of hot glue off the right flasher when it arrived, so it's not a surprise that it may have been modded on that ramp shield, but not by me.

#43 2 years ago

Magicchiz confirmed.

1) pending
2) EasternBloc
3) PaulCoff
4) pending
5) pending
6) pending
7) RebelGuitars
8) adamgacek
9) Nevus
10) pending
11) pending
12) pending
13) Crile1
14) Magicchiz
15) ToucanF16
16) boustrophedonic
17) Pinball_Freak
18) ddpinball
19) db666
20) wcbu64
21) Street
22) leaffan67
23) calprog

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Mine had green on the footprints when I got the game, and I didn't realize that wasn't normal--I added green footprints to match on the top of the theater, but perhaps that isn't in line with other games.
I had to remove several added lights from the game and a chunk of hot glue off the right flasher when it arrived, so it's not a surprise that it may have been modded on that ramp shield, but not by me.<
I added green footprints to mine as well after I bought it. Brings them out a little more.

I had to remove several added lights from the game and a chunk of hot glue off the right flasher when it arrived, so it's not a surprise that it may have been modded on that ramp shield, but not by me.

I added green footprints to mine as well. Brings them out a little more.

#45 2 years ago

I am thinking of buying one of these kits and I don't own AMH or pay for mods!

source.gifsource.gif
#46 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

[quoted image]

Ha , well, I do hope that anyone that may want an AMH in the future (and wants the mods) notices the window of opportunity (I tend to get my head torn off about discontinued mods, but it is reassuring).

I was afraid I may have put too much into this set, and that the price would be a barrier against getting these into other games, especially for such a low run game, so I'm elated to see the positive response.

It's important to me that my work carries real value for those that support it, and I'm proud to be able to say that every mod I've created thus far has maintained value or appreciated, which I think is the greatest "thank you" I can offer my supporters, and I hope that's able to continue.

-- I will note, that despite these being limited and numbered, if any original purchaser (EDIT: likely anyone really) has an issue with the set, for as long as I'm still making mods, they'll be covered for repair or a replacement swap if necessary.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Mine had green on the footprints when I got the game

Quoted from locustgrovepin:

I added green footprints to mine as well. Brings them out a little more.

It looks great and I think I’d like to do that on my game as well. Thinking about using a green Gundam marker. What did you use, locustgrovepin ?

#48 2 years ago

I would almost call this a Atmosphere Kit rather than a mod, enhances the game so much

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

It looks great and I think I’d like to do that on my game as well. Thinking about using a green Gundam marker. What did you use, locustgrovepin ?

I used some old Testers model paint I had laying around.

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

[quoted image]

I'd had that thought too. I had a potential trade for an AMH fall through right before Ultraman was announced...I'd still like to own the game at some point, but coming up with another k on top of Ultraman and other expenses I have is....not going to happen.

Quoted from Medisinyl:

maintained value or appreciated

Yeah something tells me these are going to be bonkers to find for people that miss them and then end up wanting it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 20.00
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
There are 396 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medisinyl-mods-america-s-most-haunted-amh-limited-set?hl=davijc02 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.