20220127_171337 (resized).jpg
20220126_153319 (resized).jpg
A0A104F8-29CE-4D6C-B5EC-8221BB55265F (resized).jpeg
hjhjhjj (resized).jpg
528A23D0-38A4-44B7-B126-1E94311B2E31 (resized).jpeg
DC6D31BF-D6B2-4280-A571-563449E5F8AF (resized).jpeg
20211205_140022 (resized).jpg
20211205_132512 (resized).jpg

There are 396 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
#351 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

We had a guest today who is not a pinhead, but does really like games. She played all of our pins, then declared AMH her favorite. Her reason, "So much detail". I think the mod really nails the spooky vibe, and it makes the game click that much more.

That's awesome

Glad to hear that

Quoted from Betelgeuse:

You got my vote.

Quoted from dnapac:

Done! Such a massive mod set, that it actually upgrades the whole game, not just a small part like most mods.

Thank you both! Much appreciated.

#352 2 years ago

I finally found the time and nerve to pop the trim off. I held the cutters toward the side of the machine and twisted clockwise, and it did come off pretty cleanly. The morgue sits better and has a little gap between the mod and plastic.

20211205_132512 (resized).jpg20211205_132512 (resized).jpg20211205_135945 (resized).jpg20211205_135945 (resized).jpg20211205_140022 (resized).jpg20211205_140022 (resized).jpg

#353 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I finally found the time and nerve to pop the trim off. I held the cutters toward the side of the machine and twisted clockwise, and it did come off pretty cleanly. The morgue sits better and has a little gap between the mod and plastic.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you.

Gets it quite close. May need a small shim on the right for those that don't have the same plastic protector.

When I shipped out that last set with a new molding piece in place, that one has a minimum thickness for a base (to maintain the angle), but I also included a second piece that is just the outer molding with no added thickness below as a more universal fit option.

Perhaps that set will be installed soon and we'll have better information.

Or I could send the molding file to Herg to see if it looks better with or without the molding piece.

I ended up scrapping an earlier back panel version that had a molding at the base, as it made it appear as though the floor level was scrunched up to the top of the plastics, going against the rest of the playfield level floor appearance. Going the route of having a molding higher up gave the detail I wanted without throwing off the perspective.

Not sure if that applies to the theater.

#354 2 years ago

All fitted! Just need to work out a better glue to hold the helevator on the the clear plastic so it sits down more. Ball doesn't flap the laundry shoot if it's not seated down.

Looks so good!

528A23D0-38A4-44B7-B126-1E94311B2E31 (resized).jpeg528A23D0-38A4-44B7-B126-1E94311B2E31 (resized).jpegDC6D31BF-D6B2-4280-A571-563449E5F8AF (resized).jpegDC6D31BF-D6B2-4280-A571-563449E5F8AF (resized).jpeg
#355 2 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

All fitted! Just need to work out a better glue to hold the helevator on the the clear plastic so it sits down more. Ball doesn't flap the laundry shoot if it's not seated down.
Looks so good! [quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you for the photos

This is the second elevator to have an issue with screws that aren't the same. Is yours also a game from the first production run?

The theater also appears to be like others, where that molding foot being removed would give a more level result (still seems like my game is the only one that has a thicker plastic protector on the right side, and different door position).

More details on that earlier in the thread (didn't catch it until batch #2 was already shipped, but it's being worked out for batch #3, and the fix can be shipped to others if necessary).

My game is #78 for reference.

2 weeks later
#356 2 years ago

I'll send messages out for the final batch in the first week of January.

I hope everyone's holidays are going well

1 week later
#357 2 years ago

Thanks again to everyone that voted this set in during the write-in period and got it into the top ten for the official ballot It means a lot to see the recognition for it.

I still expect it will be hard to win against the mods for higher production games, so if you believe this set is worthy of the TWIPY, a vote would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Note: Batch #3 will ship sometime next week, and I'll message for payment in a couple days or so.

hjhjhjj (resized).jpghjhjhjj (resized).jpg
#358 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Thanks again to everyone that voted this set in during the write-in period and got it into the top ten for the official ballot It means a lot to see the recognition for it.
I still expect it will be hard to win against the mods for higher production games, so if you believe this set is worthy of the TWIPY, a vote would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

Note: Batch #3 will ship sometime next week, and I'll message for payment in a couple days or so. [quoted image]

Votes in! Can’t wait for batch 3!!

#359 2 years ago

I’m in no hurry but just checking in to see how production is progressing. What’s a guesstimate for #35 ship date?

#360 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I’m in no hurry but just checking in to see how production is progressing. What’s a guesstimate for #35 ship date?

I'm aiming to ship sometime next week (noted in post #357).

I'll get messages out for payment tomorrow night I expect.

#361 2 years ago

Messages have been sent for batch #3.

If any sets are unclaimed, I'll go down the overflow list as soon as I know.

#362 2 years ago

I VOTED!
Get those votes in for @medisinyl
It’s too easy to VOTE and it helps our brother who put together a masterpiece for a masterpiece.
A0A104F8-29CE-4D6C-B5EC-8221BB55265F (resized).jpegA0A104F8-29CE-4D6C-B5EC-8221BB55265F (resized).jpeg

#363 2 years ago

Aiming to ship paid orders out on Saturday.

There will likely be some unclaimed sets to offer the overflow list, but nothing confirmed yet.

Quoted from PaulCoff:

I VOTED!
Get those votes in for Medisinyl
It’s too easy to VOTE and it helps our brother who put together a masterpiece for a masterpiece.
[quoted image]

Thank you!

I believe the 17th is the last day to vote.

#364 2 years ago

These did get shipped out before pickup today, and I'll get tracking numbers PMd by tomorrow.

Looking like up to three sets may be offered to the overflow list soon.

#365 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

These did get shipped out before pickup today, and I'll get tracking numbers PMd by tomorrow.
Looking like up to three sets may be offered to the overflow list soon.

Sweet. Looking forward to seeing the set in person. Unfortunately, I still need an AMH to go with it. Someday one will pop up, and when it does, I'll have this Medisinyl set ready to go.

#366 2 years ago

BUMP…..
VOTE for best MOD

https://twipys.com/

How can you not?

#367 2 years ago

Tracking numbers have been sent.

With the recent reminders sent out, it's now looking like only one set may make it to the overflow list (I have yet to get any response on that last set, but giving another day before offering it up). If so, that would still be the highest retention percent I've had for mods with a long wait, so I thank everyone for sticking with it. *EDIT*: I've now had contact with the last from the main list, and it's sounding unlikely any will make it to the overflow list.

I also appreciate all of the TWIPY support thus far, and greatly thank anyone that has voted. One day left: https://twipys.com/2021-twipys-ballot/

It's been quite a roller coaster since starting nearly a year ago, with times even months into development where I feared the entire project would need to be scrapped--the obstacle of creating such a large set (with widened back panel) that doesn't match the appearance of the rest of game, yet still blends in without question...was quite a challenge for me.

Regardless of the TWIPY result, I'm very proud of the set and the much deserved second look it has given to Ben Heck's America's Most Haunted

#368 2 years ago

As of today, all but three sets have shipped (those are awaiting payment, but have been claimed by those on the main list).

I'll be waiting to see where we're at on the theater fix from batch #3 installs, then I can start sending out the new molding piece to those that went out in the first couple batches.

1 week later
#369 2 years ago

Someone installing a set from batch #3 (game #117) has come across the larger hellevator screw issue.

It's come up a time or two before, so perhaps someone silently solved for it that could help. I believe Herg's gap issue may have been more unique.

I'm not certain what the differences are, but if everything else lines up, I wonder if it would be as simple as getting the smaller screws and adjusting the hellevator guide holes (or getting replacement guides, as Ben's 3D files are for the smaller screws present on my game).

Perhaps there are other differences with these games. A photo of the screws, guides, clear plastic, etc. may help.

#370 2 years ago

I just started installing this kit and I can't get the Lobby Key Box in place because there is a post in the way. Do other AMHs not have this post installed in the back orbit?

20220126_153319 (resized).jpg20220126_153319 (resized).jpg
#371 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I just started installing this kit and I can't get the Lobby Key Box in place because there is a post in the way. Do other AMHs not have this post installed in the back orbit?
[quoted image]

Seems most don't have that post, but I think Herg had that issue and removed it (game #1). I was assuming it must have gotten removed from the build early on. If yours is an early game, that may make sense.

#372 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Seems most don't have that post, but I think Herg had that issue and removed it (game #1). I was assuming it must have gotten removed from the build early on. If yours is an early game, that may make sense.

Yes - AMH #11. I ordered AMH when sales first opened up in 2014. I'll see about removing that post then.

#373 2 years ago

Yes, mine had that post.

Like you, I didn't realize it was in the way until after the back panels had been placed. I couldn't remove the plastic because the back panels trapped it. I had to remove the entire backboard piece.

#374 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Yes, mine had that post.

Like you, I didn't realize it was in the way until after the back panels had been placed. I couldn't remove the plastic because the back panels trapped it. I had to remove the entire backboard piece.

Yup, that's exactly the situation, so I took a little break from the install for the day.

#375 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Yup, that's exactly the situation, so I took a little break from the install for the day.

Good call. I did the same, taking a break after resolving that issue. There was more involved, like the post was not vertical. It was driven in at an angle and bent upward to align with the hole in the plastic. With yours being one of the early ones, you might be able to use some of the other information I posted while installing mine.

#376 2 years ago

It took me most of the day today, but I got this all loaded! I ran into some trouble with the Hellevator install where the clear plastic guard on my AMH would not line up with the screw holes on the mod. I cut a piece of cardboard to size to substitute, since you can't see it. The left side of the Morgue Theater also wants to slowly ride up from the vibration of the VUK, so I'll have to figure something out to hold that side down. Otherwise, it's looking great. Almost like a new pin.

20220127_171337 (resized).jpg20220127_171337 (resized).jpg
#377 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

It took me most of the day today, but I got this all loaded! I ran into some trouble with the Hellevator install where the clear plastic guard on my AMH would not line up with the screw holes on the mod. I cut a piece of cardboard to size to substitute, since you can't see it. The left side of the Morgue Theater also wants to slowly ride up from the vibration of the VUK, so I'll have to figure something out to hold that side down. Otherwise, it's looking great. Almost like a new pin.
[quoted image]

Thank you for the photo

First I've seen with the theater fix, and fortunately that angle is looking good now.

Shorter left side may be why it's riding up, but make sure your wiring isn't pinned behind the VUK guide (easy to see while it's installed).

On the Hellevator, Herg resolved the same issue for his game (only other reported thus far), but I don't know all of the details. If there's anything I can provide to help on it, let me know (replacement guides, etc., as Herg did that as well).

Ultimately, I want everyone to be able to experience the set as intended, and for it to present as intended.

Sorry to anyone that has had some of these inconveniences pop up. As always, I appreciate the understanding and help from others to resolve the differences.

1 week later
#378 2 years ago

I've just stained up the new molding pieces and will message the first couple runs early next week.

I also have two unclaimed sets that will be offered to the overflow list soon.

#379 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Never thought that would've happened.

#380 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Never thought that would've happened.

There was some back and forth on it, but neither could find a game/get one shipped and decided to pass. I had set Feb. 1 as a deadline.

#381 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I've just stained up the new molding pieces and will message the first couple runs early next week.

The last two sets were claimed by the first two on the overflow list.

#382 2 years ago

Planning to ship most (if not all) new theater mouldings to US orders from the first couple batches tomorrow.

Going to skip sending PMs/tracking, etc. to avoid the excess chaos. It's possible not everyone will need it, but easier that way.

I'll include instructions.

I made 3D printed boxes to protect the new mouldings for shipping in a padded envelope.
20220210_170941 (resized).jpg20220210_170941 (resized).jpg

#383 2 years ago

All of the new pieces have been sent out to those within the US for the affected batches. No PMs being sent out, but I imagine they should arrive sometime during next week.

I accept responsibility if there's any damage from removing the original piece, but it should work out well. Any issue and I'll make it right.

This page was included with the new piece.

Seeing now I left a typo with "mainting" -- should be "maintaining" of course

amh fix (resized).jpgamh fix (resized).jpg
#384 2 years ago

Awesome customer service! Thanks for sending these out.

#385 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

All of the new pieces have been sent out to those within the US for the affected batches. No PMs being sent out, but I imagine they should arrive sometime during next week.
I accept responsibility if there's any damage from removing the original piece, but it should work out well. Any issue and I'll make it right.
Seeing now I left a typo with "mainting" -- should be "maintaining" of course [quoted image]

Thanks!

#386 2 years ago

Finally got to them. I was a little intimidated, but these mods are so well thought out…Medisinyl, what an undertaking on a pin that was the first of a company. So many variables and variations. I did have a few minor alterations, but all is good. My wife said “it’s like a whole new game!” I have a few more tweaks and minor installs and then I’ll add pics. Thank you Medisinyl, for all your hard work, and the guts to take on such a unique pin!

#387 2 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

90685251-AA7C-41E1-98AB-11D22F11F033.gif90685251-AA7C-41E1-98AB-11D22F11F033.gif
#388 2 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Awesome customers

Quoted from dnapac:

Finally got to them. I was a little intimidated, but these mods are so well thought out…Medisinyl, what an undertaking on a pin that was the first of a company. So many variables and variations. I did have a few minor alterations, but all is good. My wife said “it’s like a whole new game!” I have a few more tweaks and minor installs and then I’ll add pics. Thank you Medisinyl, for all your hard work, and the guts to take on such a unique pin!

Always means a lot to see such feedback.

I do wish the sets fit the other games as cleanly as intended (I knew it was unlikely with AMH), but I couldn't ask for a more understanding and helpful response from everyone in regard to any differences.

1 week later
#389 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Seeing now I left a typo with "mainting" -- should be "maintaining" of course [quoted image]

Anyone that got this "fix" and had the earlier version may not need it at all, so make sure before swapping the pieces if not installed yet.

Seeing that at least one in batch #3 that came with the "fix" does hover, where the original design would likely fit as intended, so it may have been too presumptive to see the handful shown with issues as representing the majority.

1 week later
#390 2 years ago

I have not installed yet, but received the piece. I will update after installation.

#391 2 years ago

All installed on game number 50.
My first ever modkit, and Medisinyl made it as easy as could be expected between responsive messages, the included instructions, and you tube videos

Will be displaying at Louisville Arcade Expo next weekend.
PXL_20220304_004809362.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220304_004809362.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220304_004826336.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220304_004826336.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220304_004834895 (resized).jpgPXL_20220304_004834895 (resized).jpgPXL_20220304_004846175 (resized).jpgPXL_20220304_004846175 (resized).jpgPXL_20220304_004853563.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220304_004853563.MP (resized).jpg

1 week later
#392 2 years ago

Modkit held up well at the Louisville Arcade Expo. Any stuck balls were no fault of the kit. Got about 450 plays, and still looks great.

Lots of great compliments too, btw.

#393 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Modkit held up well at the Louisville Arcade Expo. Any stuck balls were no fault of the kit. Got about 450 plays, and still looks great.
Lots of great compliments too, btw.

Thank you for taking the game with the mods for others to enjoy

Glad to know it went well.

-----------------------------------------------

NOTE: If anyone knows Richiewrench, please let him know that his set has been waiting for him.

He confirmed he still wanted it on Feb. 8th, then hasn't been on Pinside since.

8 months later
#394 1 year ago

did Richie ever follow up on this? if not, i would be happy to take it off your hands.

If that is not an option, would you share the 3d print files (or sell them)?

#395 1 year ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

did Richie ever follow up on this? if not, i would be happy to take it off your hands.
If that is not an option, would you share the 3d print files (or sell them)?

I appreciate your interest, but all sets were claimed, and the files won't be released.

These were a special, hand-numbered, limited set.

Sorry to disappoint.

#396 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I appreciate your interest, but all sets were claimed, and the files won't be released.
These were a special, hand-numbered, limited set.
Sorry to disappoint.

okay. thank you for responding.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 396 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medisinyl-mods-america-s-most-haunted-amh-limited-set/page/8?hl=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.